Death Battle! Goku VS Superman Disscussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Re: Death Battle! Goku VS Superman Disscussion Thread

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Well balls(Dragon balls to be more precise)... The Death Battle is being delayed for a couple days. However good news, it will make for a good christmas present :lol: .
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

destro4thewin

Post by destro4thewin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:39 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:Well balls(Dragon balls to be more precise)... The Death Battle is being delayed for a couple days. However good news, it will make for a good christmas present :lol: .
How do you know did they post anything?

"Sorry for asking i just saw it too"

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm

destro4thewin wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:Well balls(Dragon balls to be more precise)... The Death Battle is being delayed for a couple days. However good news, it will make for a good christmas present :lol: .

Yes. They said it may take a few more days.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

destro4thewin

Post by destro4thewin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:45 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
destro4thewin wrote:

They said 30minutes!!!So i am guessing this battle will go on, on earth, in space, in other dimensions :lol: and i think that it will take more time cause Superman will have to fight everyone of Goku's states starting with Kaioken till SSJ4

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:05 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
destro4thewin wrote:

They haven't said anything on twitter. So the fight should be today.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:11 pm

They posted a video stating they couldn't make the deadline. It's not gonna be today.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Puto wrote:They posted a video stating they couldn't make the deadline. It's not gonna be today.
Just saw it, this sucks. But it's better to have a complete product then one with cut corners.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:27 pm

I knew that it was going to happen. I'm not surprise really.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:39 pm

That's why the world didn't end. It'll end when that video is released. :lol:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Did they seriously say this fight would be 30 minutes long!? Usually they are no longer then 8 minutes.
It sucks they couldn't release it on the promised day. I just hope it is released for EVERYONE to see before Christmas ...or on Christmas day.

gSaiya

They should wait for "Battle of Gods" to be released

Post by gSaiya » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:09 pm

I can't wait for the video to show up.
Personally I don't like the timing for this DeathBattle.
A new DBZ movie is almost out, in which Goku will actually fight a god. "Battle of Gods" might be full of new facts about Goku's skills and strengths, but the creators of DeathBattle will probably not mind....seems a bit biased to me.

In addition, I reckon they will bring up all different Supes from dozens of authors against Toriyama's Goku, which might not be fair as well. Goku would have an easy walk in the park against the original Siegel/Shusters Superman. All the other Supermen are, in my opinion, better fanfiction at last. Same with DBGT. In this case, stuff like Toyble's AF Goku should be considered as well.

Anyway, I'm looking forward for some awesome "scientific" facts about some of the greatest heroes of our time.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:13 pm

They're not putting him up against "Toriyama's" Goku. They're putting him up against Goku. This includes movies, GT, etc. They're just using the manga as the foundation for whenever there's a conflict of fact.

You have to remember that very few creative endeavors are possible for one person to do alone. Even authors have editors, agents, and publishers. It's very often a team effort. Just think of any animated series. Look at the writer and director in the credits. I guarantee it changes from episode to episode. This happens with movies, video games, practically everything. Toriyama isn't even solely responsible for the manga.

To write off everything Superman after Siegel and Shuster left as fan fiction is like saying all of the Star Trek movies are fan films. Everything Zelda related post-Ocarina of Time is a glorified fan game (if not earlier). Or Symphony of the Night onward isn't a part of the "real" Castlevania series (very likely earlier as well).

gSaiya

Post by gSaiya » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:35 pm

TonyTheTiger wrote:They're not putting him up against "Toriyama's" Goku. They're putting him up against Goku. This includes movies, GT, etc. They're just using the manga as the foundation for whenever there's a conflict of fact.

You have to remember that very few creative endeavors are possible for one person to do alone. Even authors have editors, agents, and publishers. It's very often a team effort. Just think of any animated series. Look at the writer and director in the credits. I guarantee it changes from episode to episode. This happens with movies, video games, practically everything. Toriyama isn't even solely responsible for the manga.
I am totally aware of this, I just wanted to point out that the general Goku is always published within the borders of the same universe. There is not really an alternate Universe Timeline or a Reboot (let's not take DragonBall SD into account) with totally different laws. Even if you argue that the Movie-Timeline is an alternate Universe to the Manga-Timeline, they still follow the same rules and laws of the original Character...it's not like Goku can summon a giant Genkidama in the blink of an eye in one story and in another it takes him years to gather the same energy.
Contrary to this, we have dozens of different Supermen (some are not even Kal-El) from different Timelines/Universes, with different laws they obey. Take all the different forms of Kryptonite, for example, they just come and go as they please...that's like saying "Oh, wait, there was an 8. Dragon Ball the whole time, which can grant us infinite wishes."

TonyTheTiger wrote: To write off everything Superman after Siegel and Shuster left as fan fiction is like saying all of the Star Trek movies are fan films. Everything Zelda related post-Ocarina of Time is a glorified fan game (if not earlier). Or Symphony of the Night onward isn't a part of the "real" Castlevania series (very likely earlier as well).
"Fan-Fiction" sure is a wrong word..I'm just laking a better one. ^^
Looking especially at the new Star Trek movies, one can hardly decline that they are totally off Roddenberrys initial ideas.
They just satisfy general/Hollywood/publishers demands.
For me, the difference between AllStar-Superman and ActionComics-Superman feels like the difference between Manga-Goku and Evolution-Goku, which is just made up to fit in a hollywoodesque Teenie-Action-Movie.

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:15 pm

I thought it was going to be "All-Star Superman" that they planned to use. Also, for Goku, they were using everything for him, including: Manga, Anime, GT, and other random things......(makes me wonder if they found Toyble's AF and could use that) :o

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:18 pm

hulkty wrote:I thought it was going to be "All-Star Superman" that they planned to use. Also, for Goku, they were using everything for him, including: Manga, Anime, GT, and other random things......(makes me wonder if they found Toyble's AF and could use that) :o
They are using all star. They are using all of post crisis. You can watch half the battle of a leak.

SPOILERS

Superman is currently going to sun dip after fighting SSJ2 Goku.

They are using Post Crisis and All star. They said so on the Superman bio.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:41 pm

gSaiya wrote:
TonyTheTiger wrote:They're not putting him up against "Toriyama's" Goku. They're putting him up against Goku. This includes movies, GT, etc. They're just using the manga as the foundation for whenever there's a conflict of fact.

I am totally aware of this, I just wanted to point out that the general Goku is always published within the borders of the same universe. There is not really an alternate Universe Timeline or a Reboot (let's not take DragonBall SD into account) with totally different laws. Even if you argue that the Movie-Timeline is an alternate Universe to the Manga-Timeline, they still follow the same rules and laws of the original Character...it's not like Goku can summon a giant Genkidama in the blink of an eye in one story and in another it takes him years to gather the same energy.
Contrary to this, we have dozens of different Supermen (some are not even Kal-El) from different Timelines/Universes, with different laws they obey. Take all the different forms of Kryptonite, for example, they just come and go as they please...that's like saying "Oh, wait, there was an 8. Dragon Ball the whole time, which can grant us infinite wishes."

TonyTheTiger wrote: To write off everything Superman after Siegel and Shuster left as fan fiction is like saying all of the Star Trek movies are fan films. Everything Zelda related post-Ocarina of Time is a glorified fan game (if not earlier). Or Symphony of the Night onward isn't a part of the "real" Castlevania series (very likely earlier as well).
"Fan-Fiction" sure is a wrong word..I'm just laking a better one. ^^
Looking especially at the new Star Trek movies, one can hardly decline that they are totally off Roddenberrys initial ideas.
They just satisfy general/Hollywood/publishers demands.
For me, the difference between AllStar-Superman and ActionComics-Superman feels like the difference between Manga-Goku and Evolution-Goku, which is just made up to fit in a hollywoodesque Teenie-Action-Movie.
All valid points but unless they want to make multiple battles with the different Supermans or just pick one comic series to look at then they have to come up with a composite Superman (and no not the Superman/Batman guy). Plus they probably won't go to crazy, like I doubt they're using Superboy Prime/Superman Prime even though he is Kal-El of Krypton that was sent to Earth and raised as Clark Kent.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:30 pm

I hope they know Goku can breath in space.

EDIT: Nevermind. In their Vegeta vs. Shadow Death Battle, they said Vegeta can survive in space so they'll say the same for Goku.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:59 pm

mysticboy wrote:I hope they know Goku can breath in space.

EDIT: Nevermind. In their Vegeta vs. Shadow Death Battle, they said Vegeta can survive in space so they'll say the same for Goku.
Except a whole plot point of the Freeza arc was that Freeza could survive in space, and Saiyans couldn't. If Goku could survive in space, he could have flown to one of the nearby planets he gathered power from, and waited to be wished home.

I think SSJ2 is too soon for a Sun Dip, especially if they keep their random multipliers (I know the 50 times for SSJ comes from the differences in the Daizenshuu PL, but SSJ2- x2? SSJ3- x4? SSJ4- x10? I like both characters, but even if their multipliers were right, given his base struggling with 40 tons, he'd struggle with 160,000 tons in SSJ4, massively below Supes' world moving strength, much less All Star Superman level and beyond *New52, Superman Prime, etc*).
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:25 pm

The SS2 & SS3 multipliers are official (from the Super Exciting Guides). Only the SS4 one is made up from them.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Mewzard wrote:
mysticboy wrote:I hope they know Goku can breath in space.

Except a whole plot point of the Freeza arc was that Freeza could survive in space, and Saiyans couldn't. If Goku could survive in space, he could have flown to one of the nearby planets he gathered power from, and waited to be wished home.
But then it comes down to a case of what "surviving" means. A human can survive in space briefly. I wouldn't be surprised if a Saiyan could survive in space for longer. Long enough to fly from one planet to another under their own power, though? That I'm not so sure about.
I know the 50 times for SSJ comes from the differences in the Daizenshuu PL, but SSJ2- x2? SSJ3- x4? SSJ4- x10?
The fifty-fold multiplier is also mentioned in Daizenshuu 7's description of Super Saiyan. It was mentioned again in one of the Super Exciting Guides, along with the two-fold increase for Super Saiyan 2 and four-fold increase for Super Saiyan 3. Super Saiyan 4's is more of a rough guess based on some information we gave them.

But I do agree. Super Saiyan 2 doesn't seem like the point that would warrant Sun Dipping.
Last edited by Bussani on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!