Base Saiyans and Freeza

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Re: Base Saiyans and Freeza

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon May 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Please stop talking nonsense Undertaker. I'm getting really tired of your "My sources back me up!" When it's all based on nothing. It's your opinion that certain art choices determine the timeframe when in actuality there is nothing stating that as fact. If you want the actual timeframe You'll have to wait until we get the Daizenshuu 6 movie analyses back up on this site. If people want to believe Goku is like mid ROSAT, RESSJ, or FPSSJ in movie 8, they can :roll: . Also about the amplification, it might very well be addition, not multiplication.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon May 20, 2013 5:45 pm

There is a HUGE difference between Piccolo and Imperfect Cell, and I do have it as a multifold difference, as I see that as the most one-sided "fight" in the entire series... but it doesn't really HAVE to be multifold, as tanking is rather inconsistent in this series. You can have him a little less than twice as strong as Piccolo and it'd still make sense.

And didn't Daizenshuu 6 say that Movie 8 took place in the Cell Games waiting period? I really don't get why people try to overcomplicate things in regards to the movies. I mean the Daizenshuu's placements make sense, they don't contradict anything, and the ones that can't fit into the main timeline (Movies 2, 3, and 4 especially) are specifically noted to be impossible and therefore given an impossible place (e.g. they place the Lord Slug movie at a time where Goku would be on Namek).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed May 22, 2013 2:23 am

Saiyan Prince Vegeta wrote:Well that's quite impressive, but since he didn't destroy the entire planet is it still around that powerful?
Probably not. Still pretty powerful, though.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed May 22, 2013 9:33 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:And didn't Daizenshuu 6 say that Movie 8 took place in the Cell Games waiting period? I really don't get why people try to overcomplicate things in regards to the movies. I mean the Daizenshuu's placements make sense, they don't contradict anything, and the ones that can't fit into the main timeline (Movies 2, 3, and 4 especially) are specifically noted to be impossible and therefore given an impossible place (e.g. they place the Lord Slug movie at a time where Goku would be on Namek).
Almost, but not quite...
Daizenshuu 6 wrote:From the fact that Gohan becomes a Super Saiyan, it seems that this is an event from around the time of the final showdown with Cell. However, at the same time it's a mystery why Goku and the others are leisurely having a cherry blossom viewing when they should be stressed for the battle with Cell...
It still makes sure to insert a "this shouldn't really be happening" type of comment along with it. So while "soon before the Cell Games" could be considered the general time frame of the movie, obviously it's some sort of an alternate universe just like pretty much all the movies.

It's not just Goku and crew relaxing and enjoying life as normal, either. In the manga, the entire world was pretty much shut down after Cell made his announcement on TV, but in Movie 8, everything seems hunky-dory for society in general, with private school interviews, and lots more people besides the heroes picnicking among the cherry blossoms, and such.

...I'm not sure how this relates to the original 'Base Saiyans and Freeza' topic. Was it something about Goku's general power placement during the Cell Games/Movie 8 period...?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Victorious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Victorious » Mon May 27, 2013 7:59 pm

It's just TOEI nonsense IMO. The base kids already fought evenly with Android 18 in the manga.

This is TOEI crap on par with Yamcha being way over Freeza

Cardle grave
Banned
Location: Dragonball Platinum is My home (743 evergreen terrace springfield)

Post by Cardle grave » Mon May 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Movie 8 happen just before Cell games started

It is meant to in between the episodes 176 and 177

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Mon May 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Cardle grave wrote:Movie 8 happen just before Cell games started

It is meant to in between the episodes 176 and 177
I'm sorry, I think I misread your post. I think it's meant to say "I think Movie 8 happened just before the Cell games started. In my opinion, movies follow the anime, and it is meant to *be* in between episodes 176 and 177."

Cardle grave
Banned
Location: Dragonball Platinum is My home (743 evergreen terrace springfield)

Post by Cardle grave » Mon May 27, 2013 10:00 pm

No i am saying it happen when everybody is ready and finished then 2nd Rosat trip and such. Wouldn't make sense if it follow anime since nothing special happened in anime

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Oh, and I'd just like to say: @TheDevil'sCorpse, page 12. You've successfully convinced me. While I don't see even something Toriyama wrote as 100% infallible, it's obviously worth more than baseless fan assumptions.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Victorious wrote:It's just TOEI nonsense IMO. The base kids already fought evenly with Android 18 in the manga.
If by "fought evenly" you mean "got their asses handed to them in no time flat".
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Just like how Nappa "fought evenly" with Goku.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:38 pm

Cardle grave wrote:No i am saying it happen when everybody is ready and finished then 2nd Rosat trip and such. Wouldn't make sense if it follow anime since nothing special happened in anime
You do realize the movie was released at that time probably because M8 Broly is just Cell Games FPSSJ tier? The movie was produced far before it's release. M4 was released between episodes 82 to 83 yet Goku is in his Gunyu Arc state. It's the same thing with M8. The Daizenshuu supports it. They are Pre Cell Games levels. Also, Trunks and Vegeta are 1st Post USSJs as that's the time line of the movie and its production.

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:40 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:Please stop talking nonsense Undertaker. I'm getting really tired of your "My sources back me up!" When it's all based on nothing. It's your opinion that certain art choices determine the timeframe when in actuality there is nothing stating that as fact. If you want the actual timeframe You'll have to wait until we get the Daizenshuu 6 movie analyses back up on this site. If people want to believe Goku is like mid ROSAT, RESSJ, or FPSSJ in movie 8, they can :roll: . Also about the amplification, it might very well be addition, not multiplication.
I never said it in this thread. Are you drugged? Also, the designs is actually fact because they already had Goku's full powr in the Manga but they only use his resting/warming up state. This is what you never debunked and you could not understand

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Stop double posting!
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Undertaker wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:Please stop talking nonsense Undertaker. I'm getting really tired of your "My sources back me up!" When it's all based on nothing. It's your opinion that certain art choices determine the timeframe when in actuality there is nothing stating that as fact. If you want the actual timeframe You'll have to wait until we get the Daizenshuu 6 movie analyses back up on this site. If people want to believe Goku is like mid ROSAT, RESSJ, or FPSSJ in movie 8, they can :roll: . Also about the amplification, it might very well be addition, not multiplication.
I never said it in this thread. Are you drugged? Also, the designs is actually fact because they already had Goku's full powr in the Manga but they only use his resting/warming up state. This is what you never debunked and you could not understand
Well, even if you haven't said it in the thread so far, you've said it now. And it's not a fact. Facts are not debatable. Seeing as you have failed to convince anyone, it's quite obvious that your position is quite debatable. But I digress.
TheMightyOzaru wrote:Stop double posting!
Also this. Please. It's annoying.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Undertaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Undertaker » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Well, even if you haven't said it in the thread so far, you've said it now. And it's not a fact. Facts are not debatable. Seeing as you have failed to convince anyone, it's quite obvious that your position is quite debatable. But I digress.
TheMightyOzaru wrote:Stop double posting!
Also this. Please. It's annoying.
Just because you don't understand doesn't make it not a deadly evidence. They copied Goku's resting state to the movie and it's a fact he is protrayed like that. Goku's full power was revealed but they copied his resting state. Explain it. All the movies designs determine the power

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:25 pm

You really should move on. Nobody buy's what your saying. VegettoEX summed it up for me.

Also why are we off topic?

Anyways I have Base Goku caped at 100,000,000 in Battle of Gods.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:39 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:You really should move on. Nobody buy's what your saying. VegettoEX summed it up for me.

Also why are we off topic?

Anyways I have Base Goku caped at 100,000,000 in Battle of Gods.
Godo wrote:I believe that after the Freeza arc the base power of the Saiyans didn't increase by much, hence the need to become accustomed to the SSJ form and perfecting their use of it.
And when they had their encounter with the cyborgs, they realized that only training wouldn't do them any more good, so they had to reach a form beyond SSJ.
If training made such huge changes in their base levels, the SSJ multiplier would apply too, thus smaller gains would make a larger difference.
But that doesn't seem to be the case.
So the Saiyans had to reach for new forms and new ways to accustom to the SSJ form to be able to progress.

So personally I don't believe that their base levels breached the 10,000,000 mark.
Godo wrote:Yeah I believe that the largest gains in base post Freeza arc came from the ROSAT training.
Those tree years before the arrival of the Androids were spent pretty much getting used to the SSJ form and I don't believe there were much gains in base since they trained at Earth. Vegeta's training was pretty much attaining the SsJ form and getting used to it.

During the ROSAT training, though, they had much better training partners, and also, a full year of intense and uninterrupted training. Not only that, they achieved new forms of the SSj.
I'm working on a power level list based off this idea, and I'm really liking how it's working out so far.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:37 pm

3-10 million seems way too small a gap to play with from Namek to EoZ...

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Draken wrote:3-10 million seems way too small a gap to play with from Namek to EoZ...
Not really. If you look at the numbers we are given, the only time the Saiyans make really large gaps are Goku at Kaio's, Goku and Vegeta in the Namek Arc, Vegeta in the 3 years before the Android Arc, and Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta in the ROSAT.
The first is explained by Kaio's training, which they never get again, the second by zenkais, which no longer happen, the third by gravity training, which we know isn't very efficient, and the fourth by combining gravity training, sparring, and extreme conditions, which never happens again.
Seeing as the Saiyans never do anything in base anyway, (besides Vegeta blowing up Pui-Pui, I guess,) nothing really indicates that they are any higher than that.
The gaps in fights end up small, but since power level gaps are pretty inconsistent, I don't have a problem with it.
Malik_DBNA wrote: