Episode #0028 (28 May 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supersaiyangohan2002
Banned

VegettoEX

Post by supersaiyangohan2002 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:18 pm

VegettoEX what day will your podcast be done.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:22 pm

supersaiyangohan2002 wrote:VegettoEX what day will your podcast be done.
Goodbye.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:47 pm

Ouch.

Anyways, after re-listening to the podcast, I noticed two things that you guys say that I'm pretty sure are somewhat wrong:
1) You guys said that the Season boxed set of the Vegeta saga will also have the Spanish track. But I'm pretty sure that it's only been specified that the JP and English audio are available; we don't really know if FUNi's gonna include their Spanish dub (but it makes sense that they would).
2) You guys talk about Kururin being bald as an excuse to "mess him up" in the movies and the series in general. But in Movie 10, Kuririn actually does have hair while he's dressed up in his little Piccolo outfit and even says something like "why me?" when everyone leaves him behind at the end of the movie.

Anywho, keep up the good work. This episode was definitely better than your average podcasts :P.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:05 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:2) You guys talk about Kururin being bald as an excuse to "mess him up" in the movies and the series in general. But in Movie 10, Kuririn actually does have hair while he's dressed up in his little Piccolo outfit and even says something like "why me?" when everyone leaves him behind at the end of the movie.
While that may be true, he came to far less physical or excremental harm than in previous movies :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:23 pm

tenkaichigoten wrote:Maybe FUNIMation and 4Kids can work together and translate the DBZ/OP Gum Gum Kamehameha Movie.
I've heard about that, but I've never seen it.

What is it exactly?

EDIT: Now I have seen it. Unfortunatly it was on Youtube :roll:
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:34 pm

VegettoEX wrote:While that may be true, he came to far less physical or excremental harm than in previous movies :P.
Must be all that hair protecting his head. Yeah, that's it! :D

Gum Gum Kamehameha Movie? I have no idea what you're on about. I can't find that at all on You Tube, either. O_o;
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:05 am

Spanish dub DBZ with good Dolby Digital output sounds good for everybody all around the board. If there is an English and a Japanese track with at least STEREO output, I'll be happy. On a second note, I have preordered the Saiyan saga DVD and I will get it tommorow.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:38 am

Veger...VegetoEX thanks to that link you posted to the AAAanime I found this little gem, a Brolly boxset. http://www.aaaanime.com/dvds.asp?view=item&code=FN03856

By the way, another funny podcast, keep it up!!
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:42 am

veshira wrote: Gum Gum Kamehameha Movie? I have no idea what you're on about. I can't find that at all on You Tube, either. O_o;
Here You go :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rH_ZjXJ ... on%20anime
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:47 am

VegettoEX wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote:2) You guys talk about Kururin being bald as an excuse to "mess him up" in the movies and the series in general. But in Movie 10, Kuririn actually does have hair while he's dressed up in his little Piccolo outfit and even says something like "why me?" when everyone leaves him behind at the end of the movie.
While that may be true, he came to far less physical or excremental harm than in previous movies :P.
Well, I'm guessing that the writers wanted to give Kuririn a break and put our man Broly in the line of physical and excremental harm instead (remember that Trunks peeing scene?).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:21 pm

Meri, I totally agree with you on the whole "Do you want to buy a store membership" nonsense. That little irritant alone has actually kept me from shopping at certain stores.
And Julian, oddly enough, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga for the GBA, in case you haven't played it, actually does feature Kuribos/Goomba dressed up in Tanooki outfits :)
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.