Would you like to see GT designs and concepts recycled?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Would you like to see GT designs and concepts recycled?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Quite frankly I do like that they mixed up Dragon Ball's Kid Goku with some seriousness of DBZ, though the best part of it to me will always be the music but the series itself is enjoyable to watch, it feels like a breeze from all those nonstop fights they had on Dragon Ball Z.

P.S.: The Latin Spanish cover of GT songs are pretty much the best songs besides the original Japanese to be out there, well, in fairness the FUNimation OP is really good too, the Blue Water OP is okay I guess (they skipped a lot of lines and made it shorter).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:46 pm

I also feel GT suffered from it's pacing, it never feels like a middle ground, some things happen too fast (build-up to Super 17), others take too long (Goku vs 1-star Dragon), I mean, you have a whole arc that takes up 8 episodes, but then you have fights that take up (ironically) 8 episodes.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:09 pm

Quebaz wrote:I also feel GT suffered from it's pacing, it never feels like a middle ground, some things happen too fast (build-up to Super 17), others take too long (Goku vs 1-star Dragon), I mean, you have a whole arc that takes up 8 episodes, but then you have fights that take up (ironically) 8 episodes.
The fights were the weakest parts of GT - besides GT itself. It was beam battles and too much talking. Terrible.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:22 pm

Zantetsuken wrote:
Quebaz wrote:I also feel GT suffered from it's pacing, it never feels like a middle ground, some things happen too fast (build-up to Super 17), others take too long (Goku vs 1-star Dragon), I mean, you have a whole arc that takes up 8 episodes, but then you have fights that take up (ironically) 8 episodes.
The fights were the weakest parts of GT - besides GT itself. It was beam battles and too much talking. Terrible.
Yes, Vegeta vs Goten/Gohan was ruined thanks to this.
(I guess we can all agree that the best episodes of GT are 55 and 64).
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:44 am

Definitely yes to the title. It could be condensed into a more conservative 3-part OVA series or something to that effect, repairing all the weirdness and odd events into new stories. They could tie it into the scrapped idea for Beerus as a corrupting being, who would be responsible for having set the Dragon Balls on the protagonists by corrupting them and manifesting that power as the various dragons or something. I'd prefer to see it produced as something that just does not fit with the main story, mainly because that would end up giving it a lot more freedom to show some interesting idea's off without being tied to strict notions of canon.