"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Th

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:39 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
JeffJarrett wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:I really do feel bad for NB, I really do. Looks like a "good" DBZ game will have to take more than two years.
Take BT3 and make the graphics HD (or take RB2), add way more content (reaply value is very important), and you'll have it. I'd say it'll take two month rather than two years.
It would take more then just two months to make a game like that. It's much harder then it looks.
Funny thing is I've seen Tenkaichi 3 on a Dolphin Emulator and it looks pretty damn HD.

Watch this in 1080p - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SjlLFt8lH8
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:01 am

Man I would kill for a guide on the differences between the classes. I can't figure out how to build energy best with the interfere type. I get that melee is through combat, ki is by shooting, and support is by staying put. How about interfere?

chaospunishment
Beyond Newbie

Post by chaospunishment » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:36 am

Interfere needs ki support from a support type.

Unless you like going in like a melee type (even with double types) and having your class type completely useless.

Which is why think Tien uses HP instead of ki

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:23 am

radrappy wrote:When watching said reviews keep in mind that the game is stiff, awkward, lazily explained, and has the bare minimum amount of features available. That being said, it's brilliant fun if you go in knowing what to expect. Check out lord moonstone's videos on the game if you haven't done so yet. They're really helpful. Not many people are going to understand this game, least of all journalists who are only reviewing the title because they have to.
People do understand how the game works but the problem is with its gameplay, it's just absolutely horrendously simplified without any deep fighting style at all.

No Zenkai Battle Royale for PlayStation 3 but hey we're getting J-Stars Victory Vs. and that looks pretty close to ZBR (I said the same about this game and look how it turned out). ^_^
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:11 am

This game should have been called Battle O' Z, not Battle Of Z.
Khalid Shahin wrote:
Dragon Soul Funimation Lyrics wrote:Nothing ever dies; we will rise again!
Yeah, pretty much sums the show up right there.

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:05 pm

chaospunishment wrote:Interfere needs ki support from a support type.

Unless you like going in like a melee type (even with double types) and having your class type completely useless.

Which is why think Tenshinhan uses HP instead of ki
While playing last night a Roshi hint popped up claiming that interferes get energy simply by moving(boosting?). It makes sense given that support types supposedly get it from standing still. There had to be a better way to convey information than through these damnable loading screen Roshi hints.
dbboxkaifan wrote:
People do understand how the game works but the problem is with its gameplay, it's just absolutely horrendously simplified without any deep fighting style at all.
If you're complaining about the combat not being deep enough, you don't understand how the game works. It's not about 1 vs 1 balanced fights. It's about the team!

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:55 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:People do understand how the game works but the problem is with its gameplay, it's just absolutely horrendously simplified without any deep fighting style at all.
If anything, this game's better because of that. I mean, why bother adding lots of combinations if you can get attack by the back at any time? If anything it would only make people more frustated.

Still haven't got the game yet, but the demo is so damn fun that i just can't dislike this game. Also i tried putting some Legends music while playing (because fuck yeah this game supports costum music online) and it works suprisingly well.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:22 pm

I want to get this game because I had fun with the demo, but the critics and most DBZ fans don't like it...
Khalid Shahin wrote:

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:25 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:I want to get this game because I had fun with the demo, but the critics and most DBZ fans don't like it...
That bothers you because? In my class, no one likes 2d fighting games, should I not buy them because of that? No, I like what I play so i'll play it.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:27 pm

Quebaz wrote:
thatdbzguy wrote:I want to get this game because I had fun with the demo, but the critics and most DBZ fans don't like it...
That bothers you because? In my class, no one likes 2d fighting games, should I not buy them because of that? No, I like what I play so i'll play it.
It just feels wrong buying a game with a 58 Metascore that most fans hate.
Khalid Shahin wrote:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:29 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:It just feels wrong buying a game with a 58 Metascore with most fans hating the game.
This is just more of your usual inability to form your own opinion and show some spine.

If you like it, you like it. That's fine. That's great. Lots of other fans are enjoying the game right now, even if this one particular thread on this one particular forum attached to this one particular website does not give that indication.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:30 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
thatdbzguy wrote:It just feels wrong buying a game with a 58 Metascore with most fans hating the game.
This is just more of your usual inability to form your own opinion and show some spine.

If you like it, you like it. That's fine. That's great. Lots of other fans are enjoying the game right now, even if this one particular thread on this one particular forum attached to this one particular website does not give that indication.
This thread is hardly the only place where BoZ gets bashed.
Khalid Shahin wrote:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:32 pm

I did not say that other folks in other places don't like the game.

I very specifically said that other people in other places do like the game.

Neither precludes the other from existing/happening.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:33 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:

This thread is hardly the only place where BoZ gets bashed.
It doesn't matter, and you shouldn't care if you like it. If you like something, then it's good for you. If others hate it, then it's bad for them. And this isn't by no means a case where you should put others above yourself.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

thatdbzguy
Banned

Post by thatdbzguy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:34 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I did not say that other folks in other places don't like the game.

Yeah, but the majority doesn't like the game, which makes me feel wrong for even thinking of supporting it.
Khalid Shahin wrote:

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wibbs » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:46 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:I did not say that other folks in other places don't like the game.

Yeah, but the majority doesn't like the game, which makes me feel wrong for even thinking of supporting it.
That doesn't seem like a very smart way of going about it, your not likely to have a good time if you just follow the crowd. A lot of games have low scores but does mean they're bad, it just means a certain group of people didn't enjoy it. It's all in the eye of the beholder at the end of the day, if you thought the demo was fun then carry on doing so. No ones going to judge you.
Thanks to SSJ God Gogeta for the avatar.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:54 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:
Quebaz wrote:
It just feels wrong buying a game with a 58 Metascore that most fans hate.
You're so obsessed by what others judge or think of what you like... Come on, get over it and be an adult!

darkhawk5
Beyond Newbie

Post by darkhawk5 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:01 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:

God damn, I hate reading posts like this. When you see something new, you try it and form your own opinion. Just because other people don't like a book, movie, t.v. show, whatever doesn't mean you won't like it. Don't be a sheep, or you'll miss out on all sorts of amazing things.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:04 pm

Any tips on fighting Hirudegarn? Also, how do I make my CPU partners NOT get themselves knocked out of the ring at the Tenkaichi Budokai?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:06 pm

thatdbzguy wrote:Yeah, but the majority doesn't like the game, which makes me feel wrong for even thinking of supporting it.
I for example like Dragon Ball Z For Kinect because it's a fun game when played in a room big enough for Kinect to recognise the user's body, but a small one? Just forget it.

Dragon Ball GT is also detested by the majority of the fans but that doesn't mean that it's any less fun to watch, it's enjoyable, always nice to listen to Lord Nozawa and the original score of GT is great.

But for Battle of Z.. just no. I've tried out the gameplay plenty of chances and it was never addictive nor enjoyable, for me the only two good things about BoZ is the OP & Soundtrack.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray