Buu Saga Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Buu Saga Kai

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:13 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:We are likely going to wait until late 2014 or early 2015 for the Buu saga to come out in the US. I think 2015 could be likely since Funi can release BOG and the Buu saga of Kai in the same year.
Didn't someone at madman say sometime in mid 2014 ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:35 am

A sneak preview of the Buu arc for the media was held at Fuji TV today, and an article about it has been published on Nikkan Sports.
http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainme ... 76671.html

However, oddly enough, one sentence that refers to the episode count has been immediately removed. Here's the cache of the article: http://www.peeep.us/db45bb19
また放送期間が1年になり「92話あったものを、半分に縮めている。テンポがすごくいいし、新作みたい」と喜んだ。
This says that the show will air for one year and the episode count got cut in half.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:42 am

kei17 wrote:
また放送期間が1年になり「92話あったものを、半分に縮めている。テンポがすごくいいし、新作みたい」と喜んだ。
This says that the show will air for one year and the episode count got cut in half.
By episode count being cut in half, do they mean the original amount from Z has been cut in half or what was planned for Kai has been cut in half?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:48 am

I guess they didn't want to reveal this information.

Well, that was what I always expected, based on how they handled the previous arcs.
Gonstead wrote:By episode count being cut in half, do they mean the original amount from Z has been cut in half or what was planned for Kai has been cut in half?
The Z arc was 92 episodes, so the for the Kai arc to last for a year, it should be around 50 episodes.
Last edited by DBZGTKOSDH on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:12 am

The official website has been updated now you can see the trailer shown at AnimeJapan 2014.

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_kai/

Also, you can hear Shimada's Babidi on the official site of DB Heroes.

http://www.carddass.com/dbh/
Gonstead wrote:By episode count being cut in half, do they mean the original amount from Z has been cut in half or what was planned for Kai has been cut in half?
The former. It says that 92 episodes from Z got cut in half.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:24 am

kei17 wrote:The official website has been updated now you can see the trailer shown at AnimeJapan 2014.

Where exactly do I click to see the trailer?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:20 am

Nikkan Sports' article says that the footage has more image at the sides this time, so I checked it out.

They sure improved it a lot!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:43 am

kei17 wrote:It says that 92 episodes from Z got cut in half.
Thanks a lot for the good news i was worred it would be 66

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:46 am

Now I patiently wait for funimation to dub this and release it on blu ray :problem:

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:48 am

Anyways how many episodes is this gonna be 40?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:52 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote:Anyways how many episodes is this gonna be 40?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:55 am

92 divided by 2 is 46.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:55 am

sintzu wrote:
Wow that's great now funimation can dub this sooner then later I hope.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:01 am

Oh wow, I don't want to jump to conclusions before I hear the song, but... just hearing the instrumental of Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go in this trailer, I think this opening song might be my favorite Dragon Ball opening song ever! :shock:
I've literally replayed the trailer fifteen times just to hear that instrumental bit, it's so... "fighting spirit" and heroic to an epic scale while also having that pulsing "joyful magic" side of that franchise! :thumbup:

I think I found my ultimate opening theme for Dragon Ball, but I'll reserve judgement until I hear the actual vocal version.
I hope the future OST includes that guitar version along with the vocal track! 8)

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:03 am

I always enjoy seeing Kai's 16:9 crops. Just goes to show you can make it work if you actually put some effort into it (ignoring the ethical side of it).

FUNi could learn something.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:04 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Wow that's great now funimation can dub this sooner then later I hope.
I think they are already done

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:06 am

kei17 wrote:The official website has been updated now you can see the trailer shown at AnimeJapan 2014.

Great news about the episode count! I really wanted to hear Shimada's Babidi, but the site says that the service is not available in my country (US). I'm also glad that they are starting the episode numbering with episode 99.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:17 am

I think they are already done
Well I hope so because we haven't heard anything from funimation about this as of late about Kai.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:35 am

So I guess it's confirmed the broadcast will be 16:9 again, though it probably did not need to be confirmed?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki