So will Battle of Gods ever air on TV?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PhoenixEX
Regular

So will Battle of Gods ever air on TV?

Post by PhoenixEX » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Maybe on Toonami or Nicktoons?
Or how about one of those channels like FX where they keep on showing DB Evolution (since Fox does have a part in this).
Do you think it'll be on TV some day?
One World. 🌐 🕊

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: So will Battle of Gods ever air on TV?

Post by Valerius Dover » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:56 pm

Not sure? Does anyone know when, where, and with what music the other movies aired on TV? The only one I know of is DBZ Movie 5 with Kikuchi earlier this year.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:00 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:Not sure? Does anyone know when, where, and with what music the other movies aired on TV? The only one I know of is DBZ Movie 5 with Kikuchi earlier this year.
I remember when Nicktoons aired some(not sure how many? or even if they used the US broadcast score or not....) But I'd like to see Toonami get Battle of Gods but that won't be for a good long while considering it just got released haha
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Still too new. This isn't some Adam Sandler turd that gets done yearly with mediocre actors.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:34 pm

It already aired on TVB in Hong Kong with a Cantonese re-dub. I think it'd be a year oso before America gets a tv airing.
The world is your's.

Bananape
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Bananape » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Well Toonami confirmed just recently on Tumblr that it is having another Month of Movies this December. So if Battle of Gods is ever airing on television, I would expect it then.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Battle of Gods will likely be air on Toonami in the near future. I think by next year that they could air the director's cut of the movie or whatever that version is called. FX tends to air movies that had a major released in theaters. Battle of Gods won't work on that channel if you ask me.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:35 pm

You say "Ever" like the film has been out for years lol

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:20 pm

It has been on TV though. That's where we first saw the extended version of the film. :P :wink:

Bananape
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Bananape » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:52 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:It has been on TV though. That's where we first saw the extended version of the film. :P :wink:
We're talking about TV in the United States...

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:36 pm

I'm willing to bet anything it'll air during the December month of movies on Toonami, especially since DBZ Kai will start airing on the block beginning November I believe. If not then, then maybe during the summer next year. But this December seems more likely to me.

Now, whether it'll be the theatrical or extended version is anyone's guess.. but it'll probably be the theatrical version.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:20 pm

Pretty much as others have said, I'm actually predicting that we might just see this movie on Toonami in December. The movie just came out early this month, by the time the Month of Movies starts in December, it'll have been out for about two months or so. I could see that being enough time for FUNi to want them to give it a TV airing, though I'm not sure if they'd go for the theatrical version or the extended version. Either way, I'm betting it'll show up then. And if not then, then maybe at some other time in the near future.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:12 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:Still too new. This isn't some Adam Sandler turd that gets done yearly with mediocre actors.
And yet even the worst of those made more money than Battle of Gods and the next film together combined will likely make.

'goes to see if there is a Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore Blu-ray bundle to buy for a cousin' Nope... not yet.

I expect the movie will air on TV. The Toonami Month of Movies might be a touch early (wouldn't be shocked if it did though) but if not, there is either as a random special event, or next years month of movies.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:24 am

Paul Thomas Anderson's Punch-Drunk Love is an Adam Sandler film worth watching. I remember liking his 90s films, but not sure if they'd hold up with me now.

Oh, and to answer the thread question, I can see Toonami airing the dubbed version one day.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:26 pm

MarcFBR wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:Still too new. This isn't some Adam Sandler turd that gets done yearly with mediocre actors.
And yet even the worst of those made more money than Battle of Gods and the next film together combined will likely make.
I hate this reality.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:28 pm

Grown Ups 2 made more money then Pacific Rim in the US too. Adam Sandler has a large group of people that still like seeing his movies even though most people feel like that he jump the shark after the early 2000's. DBZ does not have the same level of mainstream appeal of Adam Sandler movies. I personally view his movies along with the Transformers movies, the Resident Evil movies and the Call of Duty games of examples of modern day crap for entertainment.

Anyways, I think December feels too soon to air Battle of Gods. My bet showing it next year is more likely. Maybe show the uncut DBZ movie during December would be cool too. With Fusion Reborn, they can show the funny Hitler scenes.
She/Her

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:07 pm

I partly think we're going to get BOG on tv before we learn the title of the DB15 film sometimes. ^^;

In seriousness, if they don't air it over the Christmas break, it'll probably air in the summer when people are of from school.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Movie 8 uncut would be cool to show on Toonami too. It would be nice if they air DBZ Movie 1-3 Uncut since Nick Toons never aired the ultimate uncut dubs of those three movies. Most likely could be that they don't have edited prints to those films, and Funi does not want put in the time and money to edit them. Dead' Zone Uncut dub was not too bad, I didn't like the ultimate uncut dubs for DBZ Movie 2 and 3 in my opinion.
She/Her