Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:32 pm

I always thought fans hated the old lady voice that Freeza had? Why do people want it back?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Oh dear, folks already clamouring for Young to back as Freeza, stand strong FUNi, stand strong.
Nostalgia is a powerful thing.
Yeah, I am a pretty nostalgic guy but the first time I heard Ayres as Freeza I had no idea what I was missing. Luckily, with Sabat at the helm I think we will be okay.
Hellspawn28 wrote:I always thought fans hated the old lady voice that Freeza had? Why do people want it back?
Because it was "what they grew up with".

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:37 pm

I remember in the past that people on this site and other DBZ related sites hated how Freeza sound like a girl for years. Freeza sound like a guy for once in Kai. I would take Freeza's English voice in Final Bout over old lady Freeza any day of the week.
She/Her

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Oh dear, folks already clamouring for Young to back as Freeza, stand strong FUNi, stand strong.
Nostalgia is a powerful thing.
So is ignorance. How anyone can even like that voice is beyond me. Especially when these people will mock Masako Nozawa for being the "Old Lady Voice", but Linda Young doing the same thing with her Freeza voice (which is also her Genkai voice), is A-OK for some reason.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: I would take Freeza's English voice in Final Bout over old lady Freeza any day of the week.
Really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqf6tRV2zFw
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I remember in the past that people on this site and other DBZ related sites hated how Freeza sound like a girl for years. Freeza sound like a guy for once in Kai. I would take Freeza's English voice in Final Bout over old lady Freeza any day of the week.
The English Dragon Ball fandom is incredibly messy, I remember one guy on YouTube complaining that Bulma's orginal Z voice was annoying yet on another video s/he was complaining that she wasn't bought back for BoG. Smh. This is why I hope FUNi doesn''t leave it too the fans.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:52 pm

I posted this wayyyy earlier in the thread but I really don't think we have much to worry about on that front:

Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:53 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:It seems that based on by the looks of the trailer that Tadayoshi Yamamuro wasn't able the assembly the talents to work on the new film. Shida is the only one I know so far that has hinted on working on cuts for Fukkastu no F. I suspect Naoki Tate might be willing to work on it also.

If a talented animator had been the director and/or character designer instead of Yamamuro, he or she might have been able to bring out their strengths to create excellent animation.

You people are insane. We've only seen about 8 incredibly short and out of context clips and you've somehow already figured out who is and who isn't animating on this film and whether or not the director was able to bring out their strengths.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:06 pm

radrappy wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:It seems that based on by the looks of the trailer that Tadayoshi Yamamuro wasn't able the assembly the talents to work on the new film. Shida is the only one I know so far that has hinted on working on cuts for Fukkastu no F. I suspect Naoki Tate might be willing to work on it also.

If a talented animator had been the director and/or character designer instead of Yamamuro, he or she might have been able to bring out their strengths to create excellent animation.

You people are insane. We've only seen about 8 incredibly short and out of context clips and you've somehow already figured out who is and who isn't animating on this film and whether or not the director was able to bring out their strengths.
Tadayoshi Yamamuro is the director for Fukkastu no F. He is the same person who has been doing this for past few projects. His works haven't yet impressed me. Yamamuro is the character designer and chief animation supervisor for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and the animation looks very messy and bland. What makes you think he will change his way for this film? A good character designer or chief animation supervisor has a good sense of direction to help key animators bring out their skills to create good cuts. A good chief animation supervisor makes a good storyboard for key animators to create cuts. Naotoshi Shida wasn't the character designer or chief animation supervisor, and yet he was allowed to create his own storyboard to create a very good cut. Tadayoshi Yamamuro wasn't able to do any of that.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:08 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:...change his way from r this film?
What? :eh:

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:13 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: Tadayoshi Yamamuro is the director for Fukkastu no F. He is the same person who has been doing this for past few projects. His works haven't yet impressed me. Yamamuro is the character designer and chief animation supervisor for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and the animation looks very messy and bland. What makes you think he will change his way from r this film?
As I understand it, this is Yamamuro's first time directing a movie.

MajinAsura

Post by MajinAsura » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:I can't see it properly, but there is something in Beerus' hand that resembles that thing back on Freeza's poster. Could it be the parasyte?
What parasite?
My pet peeves:
People who spell Broly "Brolli"
People who call Beerus "Bills"
People who think that super Saiyan 4 Gogeta is coming back for Fukkatsu no F
People who think Broly can kill ssj3 Goku
People who hate Gohan in the Buu Saga
People who think Broly could kill FREAKIN' BEERUS

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:24 pm

radrappy wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
As I understand it, this is Yamamuro's first time directing a movie.
It's his first time directing anything, outside of the Openings and Endings for the Majin Buu arc of Dragon Ball Kai...which look hideously bad. Normally one doesn't give the keys to their largest global property to someone who hasn't even directed an episode of a television series before.

The one saving grace is that Yamamuro might bring in talented animators and let them storyboard and animate their scenes as they like. Maybe he'll even bring in action animation supervisors to clean up the weaker key animators' action cuts.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:39 pm

MajinAsura wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:I can't see it properly, but there is something in Beerus' hand that resembles that thing back on Freeza's poster. Could it be the parasyte?
What parasite?
I think it's an alarm clock that he's holding, but I don't know that. Picture's blurry.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Chuquita wrote:
MajinAsura wrote:
What parasite?
I think it's an alarm clock that he's holding, but I don't know that. Picture's blurry.
Looks like a ball of ki to me.

Like this but less charged:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:45 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:the trailer got 500k views in one day! pretty crazy.
Which is nothing compare to most movie trailers. I think for a anime film, 500k views is great. I bet it will be at 1 million views by the end of the month.
She/Her

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Avenged wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm just waiting and hoping on that pamphlet getting either a translation, or a bigger/readable scan.
All the stuff in the trailer teaser was action shots, practically. DB action shots without context/plot aren't any more than db video game opening sequences. I need some mysteries solved before I give further thoughts on the story.
I posted a bigger and readable version last page, here

Who is that at the bottom, second from the left?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:00 pm

MajinAsura wrote:
What parasite?
From F lyrics.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:03 pm

BlackCatScott wrote:
Avenged wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm just waiting and hoping on that pamphlet getting either a translation, or a bigger/readable scan.
All the stuff in the trailer teaser was action shots, practically. DB action shots without context/plot aren't any more than db video game opening sequences. I need some mysteries solved before I give further thoughts on the story.
I posted a bigger and readable version last page, here

Who is that at the bottom, second from the left?
Tagoma.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:12 pm

I hope the movie gets the same run time as BOG and won't be super short. I love the run time for BOG, it was not too long or short.
She/Her