How powerful was Buff Buu and Skinny Evil Gray Buu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BejitaSama
Beyond Newbie

Re: How powerful was Buff Buu and Skinny Evil Gray Buu?

Post by BejitaSama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:56 am

Pure Evil: stronger than Pure Buu, weaker than Super Buu (effortlessly and quickly curb-stomped Mr. Buu, who was able to put up a decent fight against Pure Buu).
Impossible.

Pure Evil is the majority part of Majin Buu's power, so he's lowered than him.
Gokû stated that he could have beat Majin Buu, so Gokû > Majin Buu > Pure Evil. And as Pure Buu is at least equal to Gokû, he's also stronger the Pure Evil.

You see, there's a direct statement that contradicts you, so i'm shocked...didn't you like to use direct statements ? Or maybe only you and your friends have the right to use "interpratation" to get rid off a clear sentence that contradict your theory ? :)

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:01 am

Impossible.
Oh? Is it?
Pure Evil is the majority part of Majin Buu's power, so he's lowered than him.
Powered-up Fat Buu, yes.
Gokû stated that he could have beat Majin Buu, so Gokû > Majin Buu > Pure Evil. And as Pure Buu is at least equal to Gokû, he's also stronger the Pure Evil.
Goku stated that he could have beaten the Fat Buu. However, he was referring specifically to the version of Buu that he fought. He never said he could beat Buu as he was when he was splitting.

Going by the actual fights, Pure Evil Buu > Pure Buu > Mr. Buu > Fat Buu [vs SS3 Goku]
You see, there's a direct statement that contradicts you, so i'm shocked...didn't you like to use direct statements ?
No such statement exists, I'm afraid.
Or maybe only you and your friends have the right to use "interpratation" to get rid off a clear sentence that contradict your theory ? :)
Quite hypocritical, coming from you.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

BejitaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BejitaSama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:19 am

Oh? Is it?
It is. And I'm quite surprise to see that this time, you don't pay so much attention to the sentences :lol:
Goku stated that he could have beaten the Fat Buu. However, he was referring specifically to the version of Buu that he fought. He never said he could beat Buu as he was when he was splitting.

Going by the actual fights, Pure Evil Buu > Pure Buu > Mr. Buu > Fat Buu [vs SS3 Goku]
This is a total interpretation. You deny a statment by a personal interpretation of the fights. Goku claimed he could have beaten Majin Buu, that is he could have beaten Majin Buu. There's not power up or not power up version mentionned.

Or, if we can accept your version, we can accept that Gokû was refering to his suppressed powered when he talk about Super Buu, and that he could be stronger at full power. It's exactly the same argument that you used here.

And concerning the fight between Pure Buu and Good Buu, I see Pure Buu joking with him and blocking his attacks with his legs, just as Bejito against Buu Gohan.
No such statement exists, I'm afraid.
"I could have beaten Majin Buu". Is this clear enough ?
Quite hypocritical, coming from you.
No man, I always accepted your theories to be possible. But you didn't.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:26 am

This is a total interpretation. You deny a statment by a personal interpretation of the fights. Goku claimed he could have beaten Majin Buu, that is he could have beaten Majin Buu. There's not power up or not power up version mentionned.
And his statement would be true. He could have beaten Fat Buu. Yet he did NOT say "Yeah, I'll always beat Fat Buu, at any time". Fat Buu did an implicit power-up when he split.
Or, if we can accept your version, we can accept that Gokû was refering to his suppressed powered when he talk about Super Buu, and that he could be stronger at full power. It's exactly the same argument that you used here.
No, it's not, unless he himself was handicapped in some way that made him not able to use his full power, like Fat Buu was.
And concerning the fight between Pure Buu and Good Buu, I see Pure Buu joking with him and blocking his attacks with his legs, just as Bejito against Buu Gohan.
Blocking someone with your legs for one panel means exactly nothing. Freeza was casually able to block Goku with his legs for several panels when they were suppressed to more or less equal levels. Mr. Buu was also able to land several hits on Pure Buu and hold his own for a while, which he was definitely not able to do against Pure Evil Buu.
"I could have beaten Majin Buu".
In that fight, yes, he could have. Which isn't proof that he could have taken the Majin Buu who was splitting.
No man, I always accepted your theories to be possible. But you didn't.
Because "Goku is weaker than Super Buu because it's repeatedly stated and shown" is not a theory. In fact, neither is "Goku was secretly lying about everything and these feats didn't happen and everyone was lying and blah blah blah". That's just denial.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

BejitaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BejitaSama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:36 am

And his statement would be true. He could have beaten Fat Buu. Yet he did NOT say "Yeah, I'll always beat Fat Buu, at any time". Fat Buu did an implicit power-up when he split.
Are you serious ? There's no need to precise that you can beat an apponent "at any time". You can beat him or not. The power up is not mentionned. Sorry.
Or I could get rid off Goku sentence concerning Super Buu as Gokû didn't precise "We can't beat him even if I fight at full power". Same kingd of argument that you used, again.
No, it's not, unless he himself was handicapped in some way that made him not able to use his full power, like Fat Buu was.
No proof. No power up mentionned. It's your interpretation. Majin Buu power < Goku SSJ3 is stated. So it's impliy Majin Buu at full power.
Blocking someone with your legs for one panel means exactly nothing. Freeza was casually able to block Goku with his legs for several panels when they were suppressed to more or less equal levels. Mr. Buu was also able to land several hits on Pure Buu and hold his own for a while, which he was definitely not able to do against Pure Evil Buu.
Except that contrary to Freeza, Pure Buu is laughing when he did that, and not using his arms. It's clearly a way to show a lare superiority. He's just playing. This prove nothing for a Pure Buu vs Pure Evil, which is clearly stated several times.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:43 am

Are you serious ? There's no need to precise that you can beat an apponent "at any time". You can beat him or not. The power up is not mentionned
He just said he could have beaten Buu. He was referring to the time they actually fought. When Buu wasn't splitting.
Or I could get rid off Goku sentence concerning Super Buu as Gokû didn't precise "We can't beat him even if I fight at full power". Same king of argument that you used, again.
It's not even remotely the same thing. But go ahead if you want. We still have Grey Buu doing better than Pure Buu against the exact same opponent, a small fraction of Ultimate Gohan's ki being stated as nearly enough to dust Pure Buu, SS Gotenks being stated as stronger than SS3 Goku, Piccolo being confident in SS Gotenks' chances against Fat Buu, Goku saying "we did it! Now we can finally manage something!" against Pure Buu, Goku's first reaction upon losing to Pure Buu being "bring Gohan/Gotenks" rather than "restore my power and then have Vegeta destroy the pieces next time I blow him apart/restore my power and charge up a Super Kamehameha that'll work this time because I can do it fresh", Goku comparing them fighting Super Buu to Pure Buu fighting Vegetto, Super Buu shit-talking Goku right after sensing his SS3 when they were both tiny, and about a thousand other things.
No proof. No power up mentionned. Majin Buu power > Goku SSJ3 is stated. So it's implied Majin Buu at full power.
So spitting out a being who is outright shown to be stronger than Pure Buu isn't proof? Right...
Except that contrary to Freeza, Pure Buu is laughing when he did that, and not using his arms.
Freeza wasn't using his arms either, and was completely casual and calm about it. Pure Buu just laughs a lot in general, even when he's fighting someone equal to him (see Goku). Blocking someone for several panels with just your legs is much, much more impressive than doing the same thing for one panel.
It's clearly a way to show a lare superiority. He's just playing. This prove nothing for a Pure Buu vs Pure Evil, which is clearly stated several times.
Nope. If he was just playing, Mr. Buu wouldn't have put up any fight at all. Pure Buu isn't Freeza. He doesn't suppress himself and let opponents put up a fight. As shown by his fight with SS2 Vegeta, he prefers to just pound them into the ground immediately without giving them any chance. Yet, Mr. Buu was still able to put up a fight, which pissed Pure Buu off.

Pure Evil Buu > Pure Buu is flat-out shown via on-panel feats.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

BejitaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BejitaSama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:52 am

He just said he could have beaten Buu. He was referring to the time they actually fought. When Buu wasn't splitting.
Interpretation. Fanmade.
a small fraction of Ultimate Gohan's ki being stated as nearly enough to dust Pure Buu"
Interpretation, fanmade.
So spitting out a being who is outright shown to be stronger than Pure Buu isn't proof? Right...
Interpretation.
Blocking someone for several panels with just your legs is much, much more impressive than doing the same thing for one panel.
Bad faith. You're comparing the Freeza super long battle with Pure Buu ultra short scene fighting in the manga ?
Pure Evil Buu > Pure Buu is flat-out shown via on-panel feats.
And Pure Buu > Pure Evil is clearly stated several times, in black and white.
You know what,you're the stronger here man. You're the fucking master of Dragon Ball, the mightiest. You can remove a sentence, make an interpretation a fact, you can do what you want to show the light to ignoramus. You have the truth inside you. I even think you were in Toriyama's office when he wrote the manga, and i'm pretty sure you gave him indications for his scenario. I'm really jealous. You are the Chuck Norris of Dragon Ball.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:03 am

Interpretation. Fanmade.
No, it isn't. You'd have to provide proof he meant "any Fat Buu, any time" rather than specifically when he was fighting Buu, which is what he said.
Interpretation, fanmade.
Nope, it's indirectly stated. Gohan's genki is only "probably" not enough to complete obliterate Pure Buu, and it's less than a third of his ki (as Toriyama also mentions shuuki and yuuki as part of ki). It's something like a quarter going off the scene with Ginyu-Goku.
Interpretation.
Nope, it's directly shown on-page.
Bad faith. You're comparing the Freeza super long battle with Pure Buu ultra short scene fighting in the manga ?
Yes, because you're trying to use this one feat to argue that Pure Buu is OMG SO POWERFUL, when it's shown earlier that blocking with your legs for one panel really doesn't mean anything. Being able to fight someone on relatively even terms, however, IS shown to mean something. This is a series where a x1.5 power disadvantage means you can't even see your opponent move, can't harm them even if you COULD see them move, and can get taken out in one hit.
And Pure Buu > Pure Evil is clearly stated several times, in black and white.
No, it's not.
You know what,you're the stronger here man. You're the fucking master of Dragon Ball, the mightiest. You can remove a sentence, make an interpretation a fact, you can do what you want to show the light to ignoramus. You have the truth inside you. I even think you were in Toriyama's office when he wrote the manga, and i'm pretty sure you gave him indications for his scenario. I'm really jealous.
These are the words of someone without an argument.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:06 am

BejitaSama wrote:
Interpretation. Fanmade.
Except he outright states that it was at the time the two of them fought.
“Is that alright? You just might not get your turn…I can say this now, but the truth is that with that fat Boo, I would have been able to defeat him at the time with Super Saiyan 3…However, I wanted the young guys to manage something…For the Earth’s sake too…”
That's clear as crystal that he's saying that, at the time the two fought, he could have beat Fat Buu, but he wanted the kids to be able to do something, and he didn't feel it was right for him, a dead guy, to protect the Earth again. He also outright stated earlier that he had no knowledge of what happened that led to Mr. Buu being absorbed and the formation of Evil Buu, so he has no knowledge whatsoever of Buu's strength increase due to the attack on Mr. Satan.

BejitaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BejitaSama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:07 am

No, it's the words of someone who is tired of your excuses, all the time. It's not even fun to debate with you, as you always hide yourself behind interpretations. And the worse is that you claim they are facts ! So, yeah, you are the fucking master of he troll debate, the guy who has always right. And I don't want to be associated to this kind of people.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:39 am

BejitaSama wrote:
No, it's the words of someone who is tired of your excuses, all the time. It's not even fun to debate with you, as you always hide yourself behind interpretations. And the worse is that you claim they are facts ! So, yeah, you are the fucking master of he troll debate, the guy who has always right. And I don't want to be associated to this kind of people.
Your interpretations to justify kid buu being stronger than super buu were far worse than this, but nobody actually stated to you anything as offensive as what you just stated in this last post.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:36 pm

BejitaSama wrote:No, it's the words of someone who is tired of your excuses, all the time. It's not even fun to debate with you, as you always hide yourself behind interpretations. And the worse is that you claim they are facts ! So, yeah, you are the fucking master of he troll debate, the guy who has always right. And I don't want to be associated to this kind of people.
Goku was talking about the Fat Boo he thought at the time. He even tells us that he is unsure he could beat Boo because Boo's power is like a lie. When Fat Boo got angry at Hercule being shot his Battle power, like when he has gotten angry numerous times before, rose. Probably up to Evil Boo(Super Boo) levels before the splitting of their power. Darkprince410 has a line specifically pointing it out. But if you need further lines then we can provide them. Goku, when Boo was released, already noticed something peculiar with his battle power. And his instinct was proven correct when Fat Boo's strength rose incredibly when Fat Boo was angry at Dabra.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:56 am

Hitiro wrote:
BejitaSama wrote:No, it's the words of someone who is tired of your excuses, all the time. It's not even fun to debate with you, as you always hide yourself behind interpretations. And the worse is that you claim they are facts ! So, yeah, you are the fucking master of he troll debate, the guy who has always right. And I don't want to be associated to this kind of people.
Goku was talking about the Fat Boo he thought at the time. He even tells us that he is unsure he could beat Boo because Boo's power is like a lie. When Fat Boo got angry at (the H-word) being shot his Battle power, like when he has gotten angry numerous times before, rose. Probably up to Evil Boo(Super Boo) levels before the splitting of their power. Darkprince410 has a line specifically pointing it out. But if you need further lines then we can provide them. Goku, when Boo was released, already noticed something peculiar with his battle power. And his instinct was proven correct when Fat Boo's strength rose incredibly when Fat Boo was angry at Dabra.
I doubt that Fat Boo's power rocketed up to Evil Boo right before the split, otherwise Piccolo wouldn't have said that "everything about him is greater than before".

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:29 am

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:I doubt that Fat Boo's power rocketed up to Evil Boo right before the split, otherwise Piccolo wouldn't have said that "everything about him is greater than before".
Well, I said up to. Not that he actually reached Evil Boo's level. He more than likely split before he could actually peak at Evil Boo's level.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:28 pm

It's at least logical that he got stronger given the exact same "steam up" + anger thing is involved as the other times he got stronger. The only difference is that the steam is enough to become another Buu this time. Buu getting angry to get stronger, and anger being a negative emotion that brings out a bit of the suppressed side that wants to get out, even fits with the Dai Kaioshin element, though perhaps Toriyama didn't plan that in detail at the time.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Hitiro wrote:Replica at the bottom of page 3.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:51 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Boo may be different from Cell and Freeza, but not because his power fluctuates though, since those two are a good example of it. As for Piccolo Boo, the plot required a twist for him to power-up, then his final form still remains Pure Boo. Take Cell for example. The plot at last required Cell to be close on Gohan's powerlevel, even after he lost No.18. This is my [first] point. As for Vegeta surpassing Goku, not only he surpassed Goku, but also managed to hit Beerus for the first time in the movie, something not even Boo, Gotenks and Gohan did.
You say the plot required Cell to be close on Gohan's battle power even after he lost No. 18. Which is fine, we actually have a reason for why Cell came back more powerful than before. But if we go by plot, that is the exact reason why Goku was trying to return Boo to his original form(Fat Boo for them). To get Boo to be close to Goku's battle power. Because as Goku said, they stand no chance against Evil Boo(Super Boo). Unless you've got an explanation for why Goku magically powered up between him actually telling us they can't beat Evil Boo and when Pure Boo appeared, which you claim is more powerful, then the plot has a gaping plot hole.

Because, in your scenario, on one hand we have the plot point that Goku was trying to find a way to weaken a Boo he admits he can't beat and then when he suddenly has to fight a much more powerful foe he jumps at the chance to fight him alone and even tells us he could beat him at full power. Can you honestly tell me that this is logical? I mean you can twist what he says about not being able to beat Evil Boo. But the fact of the matter is we have Goku saying he can't beat Evil Boo and nothing ever contradicts it. Going by the facts we have and not making up reasons as to why the facts are wrong we can easily see that Pure Boo is weaker than Evil Boo given the context of what Goku says on both versions of Boo.
Hugo Boss wrote:Pure Boo should be easier to stop, because he is expected to be weaker than Evil Boo. That's me in an objective perspective of what "most dangerous" means. If Evil Boo is less dangerous than Pure Boo, then Evil Boo should be easier to handle, at least. Though, you may think in a subjective point of view, no problem. But I see Evil Boo being short-tempered, willing to kill whatever bothers him, only having Mr. Satan memories stopping him from destroy the planet right away. Pure Boo doesn't seem to have any rational motivation to do what he does, so that might be your point of view, "most dangerous" means "reckless", "rash", "lacking ratio" or something similar.
Freeza was weaker than Goku. By nearly twice as much before he launched a planet destroying attack to destroy Namek. And Goku could do nothing to stop it. Pure Boo wouldn't give Goku and Vegeta the time of day to prevent the Earth's destruction and there was nothing they could have done to prevent that. In comparison Evil Boo would have at least tried to fight Goku and Vegeta before blowing up the Earth given Goku and Vegeta a chance at saving it. Even with Boohan extremely outmatched by SSJ Vegetto he didn't try and destroy the Earth, which would have killed SSJ Vegetto if he didn't have the time to teleport.

In comparison, if SSJ Vegetto were up against Pure Boo and Pure Boo launched a planetary destruction attack at Earth then it's all over. Of course I am speaking hypothetically here. SSJ Vegetto is probably much too powerful to not stop that attack. But if we were to reign back SSJ Vegetto's strength to the point where the attack could have time to hit the planet and destroy it then Pure Boo is the most dangerous one, correct? Because even though Pure Boo is the easiest one to destroy he is still the most difficult to deal with because he more than likely wouldn't care about fighting SSJ Vegetto and just attack Earth.
Hugo Boss wrote:Goku noted Evil Boo's strenght increasing, but well noted nothing is confirmed about Pure Boo's, excepting that absorbing Dai Kaioshin made him weaker and he lost South Kaioshin's traces in his look. It's implied that Boo's characteristics are influenced by the people he absorbs, but is also implied that the stronger individual will be the base of his look. As South Kaioshin is stated to be the strongest kai, I don't understand what happened at all, since Boo took Dai Kaioshin's costume and shape as his new base. Was Dai Kaioshin in fact the strongest kai or the order might factor more? OR, in this case, Boo's look was determinated by the kai who most weakened him? :think: I would like to see a guidebook having a word on this.
Well, you say nothing confirms Pure Boo's strength. But we have Goku saying "We did it!" after Boo becomes Pure Boo. While you and another person choose to interpret this as size. It would be PIS(Plot induced stupidity) that Goku who was sensing Boo's power up till a few seconds ago just stopped sensing his power and was relying purely on size. And Goku had a goal in mind in the first place, which was to decrease Boo's power. "We did it!" would make sense in this context because that was the goal they were trying to achieve. Not make him smaller.

In fact, Goku in this arc has been pretty much on the ball all the time with estimating characters strength. He accurately called that there was something weird about Fat Boo's power which was proved right when Fat Boo got angry and his power increased incredibly. He was more than likely right that SSJ Gotenks could take Fat Boo. He literally called it that Fat Boo still had some strength hidden when he thought him as a SSJ3 which made him weary as to whether he could beat Fat Boo. Later he does say he could have beaten Fat Boo but, as with what has been pointed out earlier, this was in relation to Fat Boo's strength at that current time. Not Fat Boo's strength after he gets angry at Bee being shot or Mr. Satan being shot.
Hugo Boss wrote:If bringing Gohan and Gotenks to fight Pure Boo is pretty much a stomping-fest, it wouldn't kill (for you) the dramatic purpose of making a genkidama? If that was a much more safe way to save the universe, not risking everything in a move they didn't know if it would work? How unfair it would be bringing Gohan to fight Boo in a one-a-one battle? Or if things didn't go according to Vegeta's plan they would use dragon balls to fix the s*** they have done? Restoring all the planets Boo would have destroyed while Kibitoshin recovers his stamina and sends Gohan to finish Boo off? Oh man, all of that could happen, but.. :|
Like I have already said, the Genki Dama was merely a plot device to handle the suspense and dramatic tone of the battle. It made a more thrilling scene to have the battle hinge on the Genki Dama as if they screwed up then everything could have gone wrong. In comparison, do you think it would have made a good story if they brought Gohan to Pure Boo and then have Gohan take him out in one single move? Also, who's to say that Pure Boo wouldn't go to Namek before Kibitoshin has recovered and destroy Namek along with the Dragon balls making no more dragon balls(Because Dende was there too) exist in the universe and effectively killing off the only other character who can teleport around the universe? Then it wouldn't even matter if the two most powerful characters are still there in reserve. Because Boo is the only one that can teleport. He could destroy every other planet before coming to Earth. And who knows how long that would take. By the time Boo comes back to Earth then Gohan and the boys might be dead. But Boo is ageless.
Hugo Boss wrote:Maybe, but the skinny Boo had Dai Kaioshin's costumes, which can mean something. Pure Boo seems an entirely different Boo, while the Pure Evil Boo was a counterpart of the Good one, but acting ruthless, not holding back a hair (and of course being Kenan & Kel pair :lol: ). Unfortunately, Good Boo was exhausted from the beginning, it would be much more interesting if he fought back at full power.
The Pure Evil(Grey) Boo having the Dai Kaioshin costumes could be due to several reasons for all we know. He existed as the evil manifestation of the Fat Boo so that may be why they looked so similar. Because if we were to take this at face value then why is it that Evil Boo doesn't have the Dai Kaioshin costumes even though he was formed from two Dai Kaioshin costumed characters? I don't think we can really comment on Pure Evil Boo's appearance and make it as a point of where he got his power from because we have no idea why he has the Dai Kaioshin costume and then he doesn't when he becomes Evil Boo. If anything, if this was supposed to be Pure Evil then he shouldn't have any Dai Kaioshin clothes at all and Evil Boo should be the one with Dai Kaioshin clothes. Right? All we can do is speculate with this point.
Hugo Boss wrote:Pure Boo is very similar to Son Goku from the early story. Both are "total idiots" in their own ways, as their abilities are also in completely different dimensions. I'm not exactly downplaying neither character intelligence, because that's not my point. The point is that both witness techniques and like to experiment, they have sense to come up with something incredible when put in the corner. I can see Pure Boo absorbing South Kaioshin and if nothing apparently negative happens we would try again. When absorbing Dai Kaioshin maybe he should feel the need to stop, but I also don't see Good Boo pointing anything contrary to the idea of absorbing East Kaioshin, for example, and we have Pure Evil Boo trying to do the same thing that once depowered him, but this kind of thought can go either way. How exactly Boo knew absorption would increase his power? It was from South Kaioshin's experience or after Good Boo is absorbed? I'm inclined for the second.
I'm sorry. But your point here is that they both like to experiment? But I am pretty sure that if Goku was in the very same situation, something like the sacred water not doing anything. Do you honestly think that Goku is going to drink the sacred water again unless he is told that it will give him an increase in strength? If it didn't benefit Pure Boo the first time then he isn't going to repeat it. Animals certainly don't do things unless they benefit them and if it doesn't benefit them they have no reason to do it again.

If you are teaching a dog to give you their paw then you provide an incentive for repeating the action so that they will keep doing it. But if you ask for their paw and they get nothing out of it. Do you think they will keep giving their paw? No, they won't. And even we, as intelligent beings, live by this concept. We don't do things that don't provide a benefit. Would you jog if it didn't increase your fitness? Would you read if it didn't make you more knowledgeable? Would you eat food if it didn't give you energy and keep you alive?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:45 pm

I feel like I should point out that Pure Boo was never called the most dangerous. Just the most troublesome. I think it was just referring to his past record of destruction. The other Boo, for all of his power and intelligence, was still only alive for a few hours, so he "only" got to kill a few billion people (...which gives him the largest on-screen body count of any manga character, now that I think about it). Pure Buu, on the other hand, destroyed hundreds planets and stars, and probably killed trillions or quadrillions. He also killed the four Kaioshin, which I guess in Kibitoshin's eyes is worse than defeating and eating Gohan, Gotenks, Good Buu, Piccolo, 18, Krillin, Yamcha, and the rest, like Evil Boo did.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:20 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:I feel like I should point out that Pure Boo was never called the most dangerous. Just the most troublesome. I think it was just referring to his past record of destruction. The other Boo, for all of his power and intelligence, was still only alive for a few hours, so he "only" got to kill a few billion people (...which gives him the largest on-screen body count of any manga character, now that I think about it) Pure Buu, on the other hand, destroyed hundreds planets and stars, and probably killed trillions or quadrillions. He also killed the four Kaioshin, which I guess in Kibitoshin's eyes is worse than defeating and eating Gohan, Gotenks, Good Buu, Piccolo, 18, Krillin, Yamcha, and the rest, like Evil Boo did.
You're actually right, I've always thought that line also had dangerous in it. Like "He was the most dangerous and troublesome Boo." But this only further serves the point that Pure Boo isn't superior to Evil Boo.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Hitiro wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:I feel like I should point out that Pure Boo was never called the most dangerous. Just the most troublesome. I think it was just referring to his past record of destruction. The other Boo, for all of his power and intelligence, was still only alive for a few hours, so he "only" got to kill a few billion people (...which gives him the largest on-screen body count of any manga character, now that I think about it) Pure Buu, on the other hand, destroyed hundreds planets and stars, and probably killed trillions or quadrillions. He also killed the four Kaioshin, which I guess in Kibitoshin's eyes is worse than defeating and eating Gohan, Gotenks, Good Buu, Piccolo, 18, Krillin, Yamcha, and the rest, like Evil Boo did.
You're actually right, I've always thought that line also had dangerous in it. Like "He was the most dangerous and troublesome Boo." But this only further serves the point that Pure Boo isn't superior to Evil Boo.
I think the anime uses "dangerous" instead of "troublesome."
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"