Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:Looks to me like there's way more than 1000 soldiers now!
Looks like we've got us a volunteer! Start counting, and we'll be here waiting for you to get back and tell us how many there are :thumbup:
Very evil of you, matching your avatar I see. :P

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:28 pm

I counted.

There's 1001 soldiers, if we include Freeza.

You're welcome.

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:50 pm

VeggieXD wrote:
FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:You should make one for Android phones. Js.
Is this okay? http://i61.tinypic.com/2zszds2.jpg
It was a bit rushed but hopefully will look okay on a phone screen :)
Thank you!

fdsfgs71

Post by fdsfgs71 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:53 pm

My apologies if this has been posted earlier in the thread and I just managed to skip over it somehow, but has there been any sort of translation for the dialogue in the new trailer yet?

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:54 pm

fdsfgs71 wrote:My apologies if this has been posted earlier in the thread and I just managed to skip over it somehow, but has there been any sort of translation for the dialogue in the new trailer yet?
There's a site too...

fdsfgs71

Post by fdsfgs71 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:57 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
fdsfgs71 wrote:My apologies if this has been posted earlier in the thread and I just managed to skip over it somehow, but has there been any sort of translation for the dialogue in the new trailer yet?
There's a site too...
Err, my mistake, somehow it honestly never occurred to me to check the news posts on the main site to see if it's been translated...

Boy, do I feel like a dumbass now.

Morgil

Post by Morgil » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:03 pm

I just watched the new trailer, and after seeing Frieza'a new form, i quickly threw this together:
[url]http://forums.chozosanctuary.com/[/url]

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:05 pm

fdsfgs71 wrote:
Luso Saiyan wrote:
There's a site too...
Err, my mistake, somehow it honestly never occurred to me to check the news posts on the main site to see if it's been translated...

Boy, do I feel like a dumbass now.
Nah, don't feel bad. You're not truly inducted into the Kanzenshuu family until hit with the forum's unofficial motto.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Sanity's_Theif
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sanity's_Theif » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:06 pm

ParkerAL wrote:
kidhero1000 wrote:Looking back at the trailer, I noticed some Freeza scenes look like they were taken straight outta Xenoverse's gameplay graphics. Oh, and of course Gohan has once again been relegated to jobber status in yet another movie. Because why not? Sigh.
I will never understand why so many fans take issue with Gohan becoming a productive (and by all indications, successful) member of society. I wholly support criticizing Toei and Toriyama for de-powering him, but not for showing that he cares about other things besides punching people in the face.
De-powering? Isn't Gohan the same strength as before? He used his Ultimate form in BoG

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:08 pm

Dyno wrote:It is Hollywood's counterpart.

In Hollywood first trailers, they all are with bad CGI... Toei is, for whatever reason, trying to do the same. :lol:
It's just the common practice of having more time for developing the CGI (or animation in this case) between trailers. There was a noticeable difference with the recent Jurassic World trailer that came out recently. I suppose it's necessary if they're on a schedule and need to get something out there even if it's not finished yet.

In the final product it'll probably look even better yet as they've still got over a month till release.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:10 pm

Well less than a month since pre-screenings are happening March 30th I believe.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:22 pm

With the whole "Kyūkyoku no shinka: Gōruden Furīza" that the site/V-Jump uses to refer to Freeza's transformation/evolution I totally want him to (warp digi-)evolve with Brave Heart (Digimon's digievolution insert song) in the background. :lol:

Also, he's not golden, he is totally blue (and black) [can't believe nobody made this joke yet... or did anyone?]
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:26 pm

omegalucas wrote:With the whole "Kyūkyoku no shinka: Gōruden Furīza" that the site/V-Jump uses to refer to Freeza's transformation/evolution I totally want him to (warp digi-)evolve with Brave Heart (Digimon's digievolution insert song) in the background. :lol:

Also, he's not golden, he is totally blue (and black) [can't believe nobody made this joke yet... or did anyone?]
The official name is Golden Freeza?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:28 pm

Doctor. wrote:The official name is Golden Freeza?
Yes.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:29 pm

Hahaha, wow.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:30 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Doctor. wrote:The official name is Golden Freeza?
Yes.
T-That's hilarious. I expect some comedy scenes regarding Freeza's transformation, otherwise I'm going to be Beverly disappointed. :lol:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:35 pm

I wish they'd be this creative with names back then in the day.

Golden-haired Goku.

Spikier Golden-haired Goku

Long Golden-haired Goku
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:36 pm

The trailer now has over 1 million views and it only took a full day to do it :clap: .

Not just that though but the video for F by Maximum the Hormone has had a huge boost in views since yesterday :lol: .

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:39 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I wish they'd be this creative with names back then in the day.

Golden-haired Goku.

Long Golden-haired Goku
As opposed to just adding a number to the end of whatever Super Saiyan form or however big of a Kaio-Ken it was?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:41 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:I wish they'd be this creative with names back then in the day.

Golden-haired Goku.

Long Golden-haired Goku
As opposed to just adding a number to the end of whatever Super Saiyan form or however big of a Kaio-Ken it was?
I wasn't being sarcastic. :shifty:
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super