Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:26 am

Herms! You're the hero guy! That translation made my night. A glimpse of ssjg Gokû, that means he's still got it! Hopes sustained.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:34 am

Yes to Goku and SSJ God sticking around possibly instead of gimmick stealing.

No to the Goten and Trunks taking that bullshit.

Everything else like the SSJ thing I've beaten in to death.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:36 am

I assume the 3rd chapter will be released before the movie, makes no sense for it not to be.
Linda Young 4 lyfe

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:39 am

Random thoughts/notes on the Chapter 2 summary:

Freeza's ship is said to land near North City, but then Freeza is said to blow up East City. I don't know if this is a typo by whoever wrote the summary, or if Freeza really does blow up East City all the way from the outskirts of North City.

The summary attributes a few lines to Tagoma, who supposedly was killed in Chapter 1, and doesn't attribute any lines to Sorbet. Maybe whoever wrote it got mixed up and thought Sorbet was named "Tagoma"? But maybe Tagoma really does make an unexpected return. It's hard to tell without any actual pictures.

Some people have said that Whis can time travel, but based on the way he phrases it, it sounds more like he reverses time, Prince of Persia-style (or the end of Galaxy Quest, etc). Which is sort of the same thing, but if Whis time-traveled Trunks-style to stop Beerus blowing up the stars, there'd be two of him around at once for a while, which isn't indicated. But again, it's hard to tell just going off dialogue. I also can't quite tell if Whis actually fixes the star Beerus blows up here, or if he only explains about how he fixed the two stars Beerus blew up last time.

The summary just says ゴッド/Goddo (the actual English word "God" phonetically written in Japanese) appears above Goku. It's common to refer to Super Saiyan God (and in particular Goku as a Super Saiyan God) as simply "God", so I'm pretty sure that's what they're talking about (this is the sort of complication I never anticipated back when I decided to just translate Kami as "God" all the time). The whole thing sounds pretty similar to Goku attacking Popo with the same "Oozaru inexplicably appearing behind him" attack he used to beat Piccolo, only for Popo to easily dodge it.

Oh, and presumably Whis' "character design picture" is the squiggly mark seen on Goku and Vegeta's clothes. So it really is a symbol that Goku and Vegeta are training under Whis, but it's not a formal part of the uniform like the Turtle mark on the Turtle School uniforms.
RandomGuy96 wrote:Hey Herms, quick question since we're on the topic of Hell: in the Japanese manga, was it stated that Hell was like Dabra's Demon Realm? Or simply that Dabra would enjoy Hell?
Enma only says Dabra would be happy to be sent to Hell, so he sent him to Heaven instead. I've always assumed this meant Hell is similar to the Demon Realm, but it's never explicitly stated. Maybe the truth is that Enma just knows Dabura really likes teddy bears and cute angels...
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:40 am

SSJGFrieza wrote:I assume the 3rd chapter will be released before the movie, makes no sense for it not to be.
It'll probably be leaked before but it's official release will be 2-3 days after the movie opens which makes sense cause it'll contain the last part of the movie.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:19 am

sintzu wrote:
SSJGFrieza wrote:I assume the 3rd chapter will be released before the movie, makes no sense for it not to be.
It'll probably be leaked before but it's official release will be 2-3 days after the movie opens which makes sense cause it'll contain the last part of the movie.
Actually, it's not supposed to have the end of the movie. More than anything, its function is to get people into cinemas to see the movie itself, so it wouldn't be fulfilling its purpose if it simply gave the ending away. Remember that the movie will likely be in theaters for the entire time that particular issue of V-Jump is current, allowing plenty of time for stragglers to go see it.

That said, I wouldn't be averse to seeing a complete version up for sale Tankōbon-style after the movie's theatrical run has finished.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MasterVampire » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:37 am

This is absolute bullshit!

I was really looking forward to the interaction between Freeza and Buu and how he wont be in the movie because he is SLEEPING???

That's just fucking shit.
A total cop out.

So what, they didn't want to risk the logic of Buu defeating Freeza and showing up everyone else due to his regeneration and absorbing ability?

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:38 am

MasterVampire wrote:This is absolute bullshit!

I was really looking forward to the interaction between Freeza and Buu and how he wont be in the movie because he is SLEEPING???

A total cop out.

So what, they didn't want to risk the logic of Buu defeating Freeza and showing up everyone else due to his regeneration and absorbing ability?
Buu is fodder to Freeza now.
Linda Young 4 lyfe

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MasterVampire » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:41 am

SSJGFrieza wrote:
MasterVampire wrote:This is absolute bullshit!

A total cop out.

Buu is fodder to Freeza now.
pfffffft I bet Freeza wouldn't expect his regeneration or absorbing ability.

And "Buu is fodder to Freeza now" god I never would have expected the day would come when someone would say that.

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:47 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Eh, I'm not sure Toriyama would be willing to go that far. He's in 60's now, I don't think he would want to dedicate another 5 years, let alone one year of his time writing a new series. Even if he wants to, it would be time consuming for Toyble to do art with Toriyama's writing. I think it would be best for this type of work to be left up to the the movies.
At this point I would prefer great quality OVA (I'm thinking 12 episodes) series over additional movies. Allows a lot more freedom and less restraints due to confiding to the length of a standard movie.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:00 am

Herms wrote:Freeza's ship is said to land near North City, but then Freeza is said to blow up East City. I don't know if this is a typo by whoever wrote the summary, or if Freeza really does blow up East City all the way from the outskirts of North City.
Isn't East City, the same city Nappa blew up all those years ago?
Oh, and presumably Whis' "character design picture" is the squiggly mark seen on Goku and Vegeta's clothes. So it really is a symbol that Goku and Vegeta are training under Whis, but it's not a formal part of the uniform like the Turtle mark on the Turtle School uniforms.
When you write "character design picture", it sounds a lot like, what Chuquita theorised the squiggly mark would stand for; a representation of Whis' head.
I wonder, if the guy who wrote the summary saw Chu's doodle and just assumed it represents Whis' head, but that it actually isn't shown in the manga.

Also Jaco bringing Goku and Vegeta along in his spaceship??
WTF?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:52 am

dbgtFO wrote: Also Jaco bringing Goku and Vegeta along in his spaceship??
WTF?
Pretty sure that's just Freeza mistaking Jaco's ship for Goku's.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

VyeRo
Beyond Newbie

Post by VyeRo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:40 am

Thanks for the translation, Herms!

Count me excited to see more of Goku/Vegeta banter with Whis!

To the people calling Bulma stupid and 'a bitch' for not letting Trunks and Goten fight: she actually has a point. When have they successfully won a battle? Gotenks is more of a liability than anything else, and let's not pretend they wouldn't have fused in this movie. Also, it's true Bulma didn't have a problem with Trunks fighting in battles before (Buu, Abo Cado) but in the Jump Special 2008 she became worried when he started receiving punches and expressed this outright. It is not too farfetched to think she may be worried about the safety of her son (and Goten), especially when Freeza is involved and Goku/Vegeta are nowhere to be seen.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:33 am

The only bit that has me wondering is there's not anything suggesting Chi Chi is also worried about Goten (and Trunks) getting involved in this fight, since she's usually the one to bring that up. But then again, she hasn't been mentioned at all, so maybe she's also not appearing and her trait kind of got given to Bulma slightly this time.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:37 am

The overwhelming negativity in this thread makes me wonder why people even follow the franchise anymore when they seem to hate every piece of new information, there is a negative response for everything. What has the Dragon Ball fanbase been reduced to? I'm not particularly wrapped in some of the concepts in this ongoing God arc, but it's nice to see the franchise living on after so long and that's what I love about any new Dragon Ball release. If you are concerned about the fate of the franchise, try not to worry and remember that it's easy for you to ignore BoG, RoF and whatever else comes after since it has come so long after the manga originally ended.

Positive vibes would be nice, however as dbzfan7 previously said, you can't always please everybody and I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles. At the end of the day, Frieza's face is gonna be planted firmly into the ground underneath the boot of Vegeta or whoever else Toriyama deems worthy, there's no point fretting over how Goten and Trunks should be included because it's logical since they're strong. Frieza and his goons are gonna be taken care of with or without their inclusion and sure they would have helped a lot, but I think it will be refreshing to see the veterans back in the game and who knows, the duo may even end up appearing anyway.

What I mentioned above is quite presumptuous I'll admit, but I don't see Toriyama altering his official conclusion to his manga anytime soon - nor do I see a light-hearted franchise going down the dark path just for a movie. It's all just speculation on my behalf so take it as a grain of salt, but keep in mind that if you can mentally erase the awfulness of Dragon Ball: Evolution and aspects Dragon Ball GT, I'm sure you can forget a few new movies. Everybody has their own head-canon anyway. :wink:
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:44 am

TJVY wrote:The overwhelming negativity in this thread makes me wonder why people even follow the franchise anymore when they seem to hate every piece of new information, there is a negative response for everything. What has the Dragon Ball fanbase been reduced to?
It may be hard to believe but the "fans" who don't like the new stories are a very small minority.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:45 am

sintzu wrote:
TJVY wrote:The overwhelming negativity in this thread makes me wonder why people even follow the franchise anymore when they seem to hate every piece of new information, there is a negative response for everything. What has the Dragon Ball fanbase been reduced to?
It may be hard to believe but the "fans" who don't like the new stories are a very small minority.
Yup. They're just decidedly more vocal than the rest of us could ever hope to be.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:45 am

bleed0range wrote:Old Kai only really pointed out that he could bring out his latent power. He never said it was a permanent thing. Makes sense that just because your potential is brought out doesn't mean you can keep it without training. It's like if someone could magically give me a six pack of abs... doesn't mean that they would stay that way without continuing to keep them up. If I got lazy I'd gain weight and lose them.
Gold_Jacobson wrote:The new manga text that was just posted. Gohan says he isn't as strong anymore. The sentence you quoted was me describing what we now know, Kai brought him up past his peak, now we know that it wasn't permanent.

Kai gave Gohan steroids, but then Gohan stopped boosting himself, now he is flabby.

Well, I particularly always though that "Mystic" was not a permanent thing, just like we see in GT... Many fans complained about Gohan transforming in a SSJ but is absolutely natural to him, I mean... Just like your example about 6 packs of abs, how could Gohan maintain his SSJ3-level power if he didn't train for the past 20 years?

But I don't know... I like the idea of Gohan being weak in GT because it was a 10 years after EoZ, he's being already weak before Eoz seems kinda lame to me.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:It looks like Toriyama is putting a lot of effort into this story which is very exciting. I can't wait to see it.
He could put more effort on his memory and stuff.
fadeddreams5 wrote:This is freaky...this dialogue...
I wrote almost word for word of this dialogue a few weeks ago in a little scrapbook (I...I'm weird)... :?

Pretty sure Whis is into Vegeta.

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:48 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Yup. They're just decidedly more vocal than the rest of us could ever hope to be.
Ah, too true. The loathsome bunch are quick to announce their opinions when need be, thankful the rest of us stay reserved and watch them squirm over the tiniest pet peeves.

The new blog entry was a nice touch, love seeing more of Tien I have a good feeling about his role in this film!
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:19 am

Whis totally acts like Korosensei from Assassination Classroom in his "fight" against Goku and Vegeta. Leaving his autographs on their outfits while boasting about his speed, plus calling himself a "life-form called Whis."

Someone should do a fanart of them together :lol: