Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by fexus » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Cetra wrote: And when is "a little early"? Super 17 appeared when Goku was not on Earth and Super Yi Xing Long gave them like no chance at all - I would even say the power up they made has a bit in common with the god ritual. I mean, I would not explain it like that in my story because I would write that SSJ4 has the SSJ God energy in the first place but it is still Malik's story and there is really no gamebreaking inconsistency.

Rigor brought in an actual fleshed out character. He has a reason to hate Vegeta and good god, he even is a family man. And that comes from someone who hates that Broly is not included because Broly is his favourite Dragon Ball character. Freeza is evil because he is evil and was revived and fought because he is evil and was defeated. I know what kind of written story I prefer
Vegeta is a fleshed out character. Goku is a fleshed out character. Gohan is a fleshed out character. Freeza is evil because he was mad with power and was revived because his minions need him. He trains because he finally understand that his power isn't enough. Even when he trains and got the power he doesn't train to control the power because of his pride and arrogance.
Last edited by fexus on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:31 pm

fexus wrote: Vegeta is a fleshed out character. Goku is a fleshed out character. Gohan is a fleshed out character.
Really using the term "fleshed out" or "character development" is pretty ridiculous in Dragon Ball but as I was the one who brought it up now: I did never say the three had no character so I don't know what this post is supposed to counter.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Cetra wrote:
fexus wrote: Vegeta is a fleshed out character. Goku is a fleshed out character. Gohan is a fleshed out character.
Really using the term "fleshed out" or "character development" is pretty ridiculous in Dragon Ball but as I was the one who brought it up now: I did never say the three had no character so I don't know what this post is supposed to counter.
It's supposed to counter that you think that Rigor was the one to bring a "fleshed out character".
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:34 pm

fexus wrote: It's supposed to counter that you think that Rigor was the one to bring a "fleshed out character".
That was not to claim Dragon Ball has no characters which never learned anything but because you said "Beerus and Whis brought in this and that. Rigor brought in nothing but power"
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:05 pm

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Dammit Bra why are you the new Yamcha?! D: So much potential wasted.

...dammit Bulma.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:34 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Dammit Bra why are you the new Yamcha?! D: So much potential wasted.

...dammit Bulma.
Looks at DBM...
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:36 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Dammit Bra why are you the new Yamcha?! D: So much potential wasted.

...dammit Bulma.
Looks at DBM...
Universe 16 Bra doesn't count.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:39 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:

...dammit Bulma.
Looks at DBM...
Universe 16 Bra doesn't count.
Wishful thinking can break the borders of space and time itself :)
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Honestly I don't know why having Vegetto for a father would change Bra's way of thinking. If anything Vegeta should be the one forcing Bra to train instead of having her make him his lackey.

...dammit Bulma.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:47 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Honestly I don't know why having Vegetto for a father would change Bra's way of thinking. If anything Vegeta should be the one forcing Bra to train instead of having her make him his lackey.

...dammit Bulma.
Well, the thing with alternate universes, is that one small event could change everything. There could be another reality, where she's also Vegettos daughter, where she isn't a fighter. Maybe a friend got bullied or something, giving motivation to start fighting. I'm probably just overthinking this, but then again, that's DB fans :D

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:50 pm

lol Fair enough.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:54 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:
Universe 16's Bra is the daughter of Vegetto and Bulma, not Vegeta.

Universe 18 has its own Bra, which is the daughter of Vegeta and Bulma, and she is pretty much like the Bra in New Age.

This means that even though she is similar to regular Bra and looks similar, she is vastly different in everything, from genetic make-up, to personality and potential. And it so happens that this Bra is much more like Pan was in the manga, and likes to train and improve, while the regular one is not interested in that.

I see no problem in that.
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Honestly I don't know why having Vegetto for a father would change Bra's way of thinking. If anything Vegeta should be the one forcing Bra to train instead of having her make him his lackey.
Because it means that she literally is not the same person. She has the same name and even looks similar but it's a very different person. It's like Trunks from universe 9, which is the son of Yamcha and Bulma... He kind of looks similar and has the same name, but its another person : http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en ... l/0401.jpg

And I don't see Vegeta making her do anything. Vegeta didn't even force Trunks to train in the manga and had never trained him, which is why he was shocked to see he was a SSJ.
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:04 am

rereboy wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:
Universe 16's Bra is the daughter of Vegetto and Bulma, not Vegeta.

Universe 18 has its own Bra, which is the daughter of Vegeta and Bulma, and she is pretty much like the Bra in New Age.

This means that even though she is similar to regular Bra and looks similar, she is vastly different in everything, from genetic make-up, to personality and potential. And it so happens that this Bra is much more like Pan was in the manga, and likes to train and improve, while the regular one is not interested in that.
Yes, i know. I was making a joke.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:55 am

Hey Mailk just simple question, are u going revamp chapter 18 all through chapter 34? or just simple revamp chapter 18? another question? is vol 3 the 10th anniversary manga?

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:40 pm

goku1234 wrote:Hey Mailk just simple question, are u going revamp chapter 18 all through chapter 34? or just simple revamp chapter 18? another question? is vol 3 the 10th anniversary manga?
Volume 3 is not the 10th anniversary volume. Volume 3 brings chapter 10 - 14. The Anniversary volume didn't get released yet.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Helios518 wrote:
goku1234 wrote:Hey Mailk just simple question, are u going revamp chapter 18 all through chapter 34? or just simple revamp chapter 18? another question? is vol 3 the 10th anniversary manga?
Volume 3 is not the 10th anniversary volume. Volume 3 brings chapter 10 - 14. The Anniversary volume didn't get released yet.
oh!! ok thanks for the info!!!

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Mon May 04, 2015 5:31 am

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon May 04, 2015 11:31 am

On first panel on third row, Vegeta left eye looks little weird, but other than that, great redraws.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon May 04, 2015 1:37 pm

I think he's raising his eyebrow slightly...I think.