Favorite overpowered characters?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Favorite overpowered characters?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:17 am

I'm not talking about broken characters with mechanical exploits I'm talking about characters who major advantages over the other characters with no discernible weakness. What's your fave?

Notable Top Tiers:

Budokai: Goku (more than two cancel combos, total of 4 transformations giving up to a 40% attack power increase), Vegeta (does great damage with high combo potential, decently varied and visceral), Cell (highly varied and visceral, total of 3 transformations giving up to a 30% attack power increase)
Budokai 2: Goku, Gohan (he's a Goku-clone only with 3 transformations), Vegeta, Cell
Budokai 3: Cell (fastest neutral P combo, Energy Field has priority over teleporting, decently varied and visceral), Omega Shenron (great mix-ups, max ki baseline, double DTs), Bardock (highest combo damage potential), Piccolo (best zoning in the game)

Budokai Tenkaichi 2: SSJ4 Goku (Kamehameha 10x does great damage with 8 hits, decently fast, has Power Up to the Very Limit!), Kid Buu (insanely fast rush attacks, Mystic Ball is very controllable and has great range, does good deal of damage)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Favorite overpowered characters?

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:31 am

I don't remember why I would have been doing this, but I used Yi Xing Long a toooooooooon for the tournament mode in Budokai 3 for one of the reasons you stated: highest baseline ki. I would step back toward the edge of the ring, wait for the opponent to attack, teleport counter, and immediately knock them out of the ring. If they happened to teleport counter my own teleport counter, I'd have enough ki (and guaranteed more than them) to keep the teleport game going until I ultimately won.

Would I just get Zenny out of that? I don't remember, but it's burned into my head from doing it both in the American and Japanese releases.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:36 pm

SSGSS Goku has a Z Soul that lowers your opponents stamina down in Xenoverse. Has a very fast Kamehameha. along with beastly stamina. Not to mention a decent counter move and manual charging.

So i'm going to say "him". Probably my personal best version of Goku to play with in XV, with SS4 coming next.

vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:35 pm

In budokai tenakichi 3 I would say Broly. His entire move set was spammy and I believe he didn't flinch. Not sure its been years. But I loved using him. Oh and Vegetto too because of final kamehameha. He was pretty unstoppable.

For raging blast I think ssj3 was OP because his moves were insane and he was very fast.

For budokai 3 kid buu because he had those really awesome combos.
Horgus wrote:NSSJ2O... Nitrogen Sulfur Shounen Jump Dioxide? :?
digireign wrote:I vote to call it "Super Cyan."
-zach

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:42 pm

SSJ4 Gogeta in BT3. His speed is ludicrous and thus you can simply spam the square button and your opponent will barely have a chance to evade the fast hits.
They either take them or blocks them, but even then you can just continue to spam and they won't be able to counter it all that easily making your melee offense quite much like an impenetrable wall.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:21 pm

InfernalVegito wrote:SSJ4 Gogeta in BT3.
Him,Omega Shenron&Kid Buu were my got to characters when I wanted a quick win.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:18 am

Kid Buu in both the Raging Blast games. The little bastard was so damn quick.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:24 am

Kid Boo in most games, especially the first Raging Blast and also the Shin Budokai (no idea if he was actually overpowered here, but I remember I used to win quite easily with him). He's too fast, more often than not has a lot of Ki, and hits hard with those fast punches of his, too. It's to be expected, as well, since he's the final boss of every game, only rarely taking a backseat for Broly or any other movie/GT character.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:08 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Kid Buu in both the Raging Blast games. The little bastard was so damn quick.
He's practically god tier in those games. Don't think he counts.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:43 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Kid Buu in both the Raging Blast games. The little bastard was so damn quick.
He's practically god tier in those games. Don't think he counts.
If he doesn't count, then I guess I'll go with Omega Shenron in B3 and IW.

Ree
Regular

Post by Ree » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:05 pm

Teen Gohan in Infinite world.
Badass Metabee avatar created by Endless-warr!

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:01 am

sintzu wrote:
InfernalVegito wrote:SSJ4 Gogeta in BT3.
Him,Omega Shenron&Kid Buu were my got to characters when I wanted a quick win.
Did the same with Pan afte equiping her with whatever items help charge ki faster/gives more (I'm certain of the fast Ki charge, but not if it gave more base ki).

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:04 pm

SSJ4 Gogeta was hard to make in Budokai 3 and Infinite World, but he could OHKO any character with his special. In BT3 I liked to use Vegetto (SSJ4 Gogeta took a very long time to charge ki).
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

JustSaiyan34

Post by JustSaiyan34 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:04 am

SSJ4 and SSGSS Goku in Xenoverse. You run their stamina dry, and trap them in an infinite melee combo for an easy win. It's worse on SSGSS Goku though because of his Z-Soul.
A B S O L U T E L Y S U B A R A S H I I

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:38 pm

Kid Buu in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and SSJ4 Vegeta in Xenoverse.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:33 am

I've only played Extreme Butoden and Final Bout when it comes to DB games, but I'm gonna put in a vote for SSG Goku in Extreme Butoden. Yeah, SSGSS is pretty OP in it as well but I like SSG's moves slightly better. Particularly OP is his super god punch of death or whatever that amazing move is. :lol: