The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Galan007
Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Galan007 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:11 pm

Adamant wrote:
Galan007 wrote: While I'm thinking about it, would any of you gents happen to know where this power-level chart came from?:

I know it's not a translation request per se, but I've never been able to figure out its source.
From some random fan. It's not official in any way, if that's what you're asking.
Yeah, I knew it wasn't official. I was moreso just curious where it came from.

Thanks, though. :thumbup:

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Galan007 wrote:
Adamant wrote:
Galan007 wrote: While I'm thinking about it, would any of you gents happen to know where this power-level chart came from?:

I know it's not a translation request per se, but I've never been able to figure out its source.
From some random fan. It's not official in any way, if that's what you're asking.
Yeah, I knew it wasn't official. I was moreso just curious where it came from.

Thanks, though. :thumbup:
I'd assume the random fan in question is mirai_trunks_18@yahoo.com, considering every single picture of it has that "watermark" on it, meaning this person probably didn't just randomly find it online.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:13 am

Is it true that something similar to this image showed up in one of the Daizenshuu guidebooks?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:21 am

Yes. It's in Daizenshuu 7's World View-Race section.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:02 pm

Can someone give me insight on the picture from this? https://twitter.com/dragonball2ch/statu ... 7062822912

I see some mention at DB super being unpopular. What's the deal with this table?
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:03 pm

soulnova wrote:Can someone give me insight on the picture from this? https://twitter.com/dragonball2ch/statu ... 7062822912

I see some mention at DB super being unpopular. What's the deal with this table?
In a poll of game users asking about most anticipated TV anime series beginning this summer, DB Super actually came in first overall, and was by far the most popular choice for males. However, for females it didn't even make the top 3, and the same was true for people in their 20s. For the 10-19 set and those in their 30s it came in 2nd, and the only age group where it came in 1st was for people in their 40s.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:56 pm

I know so many other female DB fans; it makes me think this wasn't that big of a poll. ^^; Or it was a luck of the draw.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:26 am

I was glancing through Daizenshuu #7 last night and noticed there's a little message and doodle of Goku included with the original title page for chapter #428. I suspect that it's likely a message about an upcoming sale, but would someone care to translate what's being said here?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:11 pm

What is alien leader's voice actor (here)?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Sandubadear wrote:What is alien leader's voice actor (here)?
We actually provide full credits translations for each episode of Dragon Ball Super (along with everything else we do in our episode and movie guide pages): here's episode two.

The voice actor is Sōta Arai. He did a bunch of bit roles in Dragon Ball Kai.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Tyro wrote:I was glancing through Daizenshuu #7 last night and noticed there's a little message and doodle of Goku included with the original title page for chapter #428. I suspect that it's likely a message about an upcoming sale, but would someone care to translate what's being said here?

It's telling people to go to Jump Multimedia World (more information on pp33-35!). It's sure to be loads of fun, and there will even be a DB game there.

(It doesn't name names, but we know that game was the DBZ VRVS arcade game featuring Ozotto. There were apparently a few ads like this on title pages, and one was preserved in the tankoubon, but removed for the kanzenban.)

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:19 pm

Thank you for translating that, Herms. It's quite interesting. I wish the collected editions of the manga would leave in all these little gems. I know the kanzenban removed a picture of Goku holding a racecar from a title page in the late Piccolo Daimao arc.
Herms wrote:There were apparently a few ads like this on title pages, and one was preserved in the tankoubon, but removed for the kanzenban.)
Would these ads be text only? I'll double-check Daizenshuu #7 but I think this was the only title page to remove something like this.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:26 pm

@Kanzenshuu staff
Have you Guys come across this yet?
It's the May 2013 edition of some DVD magazine(I don't know its name EDIT: Apparently it's "Nikkei Entertainment" according to the french db-z site) with a feature on Battle of Gods. I couldn't find any interview from this magazine translated in the translations section on the site, so I assume you just haven't been able to put it up yet or don't own it.
Regardless here are the interviews from that magazine, if you want it ^_^
Though looking at that it might be too small to properly translate. :thumbdown:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:15 pm

We own it. Transcribed it all. Just hasn't gotten a translation yet.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:08 pm

That's good to know. I Wonder how much you want translated as there are sometimes also interviews, but done in a manga format like this interview with Ryusei Nakao(sample):

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:01 am

How accurate is the Viz translation of this introductory page for volume 25? Specifically the story section.

The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Herms

Post by Herms » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Long story short, it's almost completely different. The Japanaese introduction devotes half its space to explaining about events from up to the start of the Red Ribbon arc. It's kind of ridiculous.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:09 pm

Does it mention anything about Goten/Trunks being the strongest heroes left on earth, or is that just VIZ spicing it up?

Herms

Post by Herms » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Galan007 wrote:Does it mention anything about Goten/Trunks being the strongest heroes left on earth, or is that just VIZ spicing it up?
It's something Viz added. Here's a translation of the original summary:
Long, long ago. Son Goku set out on a journey in search of the seven dragon balls, which summon Shenlong when assembled, and gathered them all after a grand adventure. However, the balls were almost used for evil purposes, and ended up granting a stupid wish. After granting a wish Shenlong wouldn't appear again for over a year. In the meantime, Goku trained under Kame-sennin, and set out in search of the balls one more.

Time passed...The wizard Babidi awakened Majin Boo, who began killing all life on Earth. In order to defeat this mighty foe, Goten and Trunks at last perfected Fusion. However, just as Majin Boo befriended Satan and was about to give up killing, a terrible change occurred...!!
I told you it was a bit ridiculous.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Herms wrote:
Galan007 wrote:Does it mention anything about Goten/Trunks being the strongest heroes left on earth, or is that just VIZ spicing it up?
It's something Viz added. Here's a translation of the original summary:
Long, long ago. Son Goku set out on a journey in search of the seven dragon balls, which summon Shenlong when assembled, and gathered them all after a grand adventure. However, the balls were almost used for evil purposes, and ended up granting a stupid wish. After granting a wish Shenlong wouldn't appear again for over a year. In the meantime, Goku trained under Kame-sennin, and set out in search of the balls one more.

Time passed...The wizard Babidi awakened Majin Boo, who began killing all life on Earth. In order to defeat this mighty foe, Goten and Trunks at last perfected Fusion. However, just as Majin Boo befriended Satan and was about to give up killing, a terrible change occurred...!!
I told you it was a bit ridiculous.
Holy crap, you weren't kidding!

Thanks for the clarification. :thumbup: