Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:05 pm

Movies weren't written by Toriyama and most don't even count the movies unless it's convenient for them.
The movies being non-canon doesn't change the fact that Goku "finally" beating the villain isn't a fresh idea at all. I also don't see how Goku beating Buu doesn't count.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:08 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I honestly expect them to appear at the verrry end of the film after Freeza is already defeated. A "what did I miss?" moment. Freeza seeing Trunks after being beaten would make him shit his pants.
Freeza is supposedly looking for revenge against both Goku and Trunks, so I'd be surprised if we don't see him at some point and of course you can't have Trunks without Goten.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:19 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:
Movies weren't written by Toriyama and most don't even count the movies unless it's convenient for them.
The movies being non-canon doesn't change the fact that Goku "finally" beating the villain isn't a fresh idea at all. I also don't see how Goku beating Buu doesn't count.
Beerus-sama wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Right, but still, they are movies, and Goku always wins on them, even though BoG and FnF are Toriyama movies it doesn't take the fact that Goku haven't lost in the movies until now.

Because they don't take place in the same universe or impacted the story in ANY way. They're just 45 minutes short stories. All sudden movies count when it's Goku's time but any other time it's

"Movie sucks. It's non canon!".

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:27 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Because they don't take place in the same universe or impacted the story in ANY way. They're just 45 minutes short stories. All sudden movies count when it's Goku's time but any other time it's

Even if the previous movies were bad or not it doesn't take the fact that we have already seen Goku win a lot because of them.
And people already gave you examples of canon villians, or Buu and Yakon don't count?
Buu was a mayor villian.
He also defeated Freeza the first time, not killing but he did defeated him.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Drayenko » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:41 pm

I just read the first chapter of the manga adaptation. If's funny how Freeza is like "I'll train 4 months," randomly, out of nowhere. And if 4 months is "enough" to get "that powerful", why not train a whole year?

I know we don't have the full story, yet. So I'm just rambling in the meantime.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Freeza training for 4 months and surpassing Cell, Gohan abosrbed Buu, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Vegetto, and possibly even Beerus? Terrible writing. They would have been better off creating a new villain. Or picking up where BoG left off with the whole "12 universes" thing.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:50 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
In Brightest Day wrote:
Beerus-sama wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Right, but still, they are movies, and Goku always wins on them, even though BoG and FnF are Toriyama movies it doesn't take the fact that Goku haven't lost in the movies until now.

Pretty much. He only beat Freeza by himself. It took Piccolo with him to beat Radtz, and Piccolo finished him. Vegeta beat Goku and it took everyones help to beat him. Goku was more powerful than the Ginyu Force, but the less powerful Ginyu still came out on top with body change. Would have succeeded without Gohan, Krillin, and Vegeta. Goku lost to 19 cause of heart virus. Goku lost to Cell. Goku couldn't beat Kid Boo and needed the worlds, and Boo/Mr. Satan/Vegeta's help to succeed.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:50 pm

Drayenko wrote:I just read the first chapter of the manga adaptation. If's funny how Freeza is like "I'll train 4 months," randomly, out of nowhere. And if 4 months is "enough" to get "that powerful", why not train a whole year?

I know we don't have the full story, yet. So I'm just rambling in the meantime.
I don't think they'll do this, but I kinda picture it being this way:

"4 months of training. That'll be enough to give me the strength to crush those apes."
-Next Scene-
Subtitle: 2 years later...

:P

I mean, this is the same guy that thought Namek would explode in his allotted time. XD But, I dunno, who knows what they'll do?

With that said, good to see those screenshots. They look pretty cool! :D It's great that Toriyama is giving Kuririn, and the others some spotlight. Hope he gives them all some great victories.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:53 pm

I'll only call the writing terrible after I see the movie, and the writing is in fact terrible.

Otherwise we're making conjecture and nothing more. Not getting my hopes up, but I'm not making assumptions in the opposite direction either. It's pointless and a waste of energy, to me, without the full context and experience.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Drayenko » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:53 pm

This whole thing is making feel as if I'm reading Fairy Tail.
KaiserNeko wrote:Not getting my hopes up, but I'm not making assumptions in the opposite direction either. It's pointless and a waste of energy, to me, without the full context and experience.
Hating on something is incredibly fun!
Last edited by Drayenko on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:54 pm

I find it funny one thing I did like being FLOW's songs, is actually something people really seem to hate. Man can't agree on anything XD

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:56 pm

Here, here, Kaiser...though I doubt many people will take it to heart. They certainly haven't when I and others have said it yet, anyway...
Drayenko wrote:Hating on something is incredibly fun!
I fail to see how, considering it's not in the least bit productive.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Drayenko » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:57 pm

And how is being cheerful productive?

There's just no right way to view things.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Drayenko wrote:And how is being cheerful productive?

This. Honestly it's better to have lower expectations than higher. That way if things turn out great, I'm really happy. For people who have high expectations, those might not be met, and you'll be left disappointed to a degree.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:03 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:I'll only call the writing terrible after I see the movie, and the writing is in fact terrible.

Otherwise we're making conjecture and nothing more. Not getting my hopes up, but I'm not making assumptions in the opposite direction either. It's pointless and a waste of energy, to me, without the full context and experience.
I'm not saying the entire movie is terribly written or that it'll be a terrible movie....I'm just saying the fact that they are presenting this under the premise of Freeza training for 4 months and becoming more powerful than a Super Saiyan 3, Majin Buu, and Gohan...is just stupid. I mean I don't know how much more context they can add but we'll see. I just can't believe such a thing is realistically possible. (And I mean realistically within the confines of the Dragon Ball universe)
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Drayenko wrote:I just read the first chapter of the manga adaptation. If's funny how Freeza is like "I'll train 4 months," randomly, out of nowhere. And if 4 months is "enough" to get "that powerful", why not train a whole year?
He does talk about training to draw out all of his dormant power, so maybe he somehow knows that after four months of training he'll be all tapped out and won't be able to get any stronger past that point. Of course, characters like Gohan get "all" of their dormant power drawn out two or three times, but generally there's at least a few years between each "unlock dormant power" session. Maybe dormant power is something that gradually accumulates over time, like leftovers in the fridge.

(I've been meaning to make a "What the Hell is Dormant Power, Anyway?" thread since before BoG came out, but I never quite get around to it.)
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:06 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:

This. Honestly it's better to have lower expectations than higher. That way if things turn out great, I'm really happy. For people who have high expectations, those might not be met, and you'll be left disappointed to a degree.
Because, and I'm going to say this as nicely as I am able, no one wants to read pages upon pages of endless bitching about every single miniscule scrap of information that we are given. It gets old. Fast. It's not productive, and it only serves to drown out everything else being said.

So, for the love of God, if you have nothing productive to say about the movie, just don't say anything. We get it; you don't like what you've seen. No need to shove it down our throats every page.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:09 pm

Being cheerful is more productive to the community, if nothing else. Having low expectations is one thing, but we don't really have to hear about it every. Single. Post. Ever.

It's seriously turning this thread into a cesspool of negativity that makes it a pain to read for new information as it does come out, because almost instantly after seeing it, there's already people going 'AWW MAN, REALLY, C'MON, THIS RUINS EVERYTHING'. I absolutely cannot fathom how you guys can't understand how grating that is.
Last edited by Gyt Kaliba on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:09 pm

Herms wrote:
He does talk about training to draw out all of his dormant power, so maybe he somehow knows that after four months of training he'll be all tapped out and won't be able to get any stronger past that point. Of course, characters like Gohan get "all" of their dormant power drawn out two or three times, but generally there's at least a few years between each "unlock dormant power" session. Maybe dormant power is something that gradually accumulates over time, like leftovers in the fridge.

(I've been meaning to make a "What the Hell is Dormant Power, Anyway?" thread since before BoG came out, but I never quite get around to it.)
Also makes Freeza who even by his own words prefers to stay on the side of caution, a total lazy fuck. He prefers to be cautious, but won't do the simplest thing to prepare for those fears...train.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Because, and I'm going to say this as nicely as I am able, no one wants to read pages upon pages of endless bitching about every single miniscule scrap of information that we are given. It gets old. Fast. It's not productive, and it only serves to drown out everything else being said.

So, for the love of God, if you have nothing productive to say about the movie, just don't say anything. We get it; you don't like what you've seen. No need to shove it down our throats every page.
Sorry but I get real tired of "This is really new and amazing" when most of this new stuff has been done by the series itself, or in fanfictions. Makes me truly believe if Toriyama was not on board, people would not be so optimistic. Like Toriyama could say Goku is now a hermaphrodite, and people would mostly eat it up.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:09 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:

I don't think anyone sees the premiese of this movie as the best thing ever in Dragon Ball (or maybe there are people...)
I am not getting my hopes that up for it either, not even speculating if something I think it could be awesome will happen, it is bad if you actually want a speculated thing to really happen, you have to wait until you see the thing and see what you liked and what not to really judge.

also, about being cheerful or hater:

I do think its better being positive that being hating everything new that you don't like, if you don't like it then you just say it but its bad if you just keep making your point in how the new thing "sucks", maybe others like it and can't comment on it because theres too much hating about it.
Kamiccolo9 wrote: Because, and I'm going to say this as nicely as I am able, no one wants to read pages upon pages of endless bitching about every single miniscule scrap of information that we are given. It gets old. Fast. It's not productive, and it only serves to drown out everything else being said.

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Being cheerful is more productive to the community, if nothing else. Having low expectations is one thing, but we don't really have to hear about it every. Single. Post. Ever.

It's seriously turning this thread into a cesspool of negativity that makes it a pain to read for new information as it does come out, because almost instantly after seeing it, there's already people going 'AWW MAN, REALLY, C'MON, THIS RUINS EVERYTHING'. I absolutely cannot fathom how you guys can't understand how grating that is.
This so much
Last edited by Beerus-sama on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.