"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:06 am

Guys don't get too hyped. Remember Majin Buu was on the Universe 6 tournament posters and we all expected him to fight and he did nothing.

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:08 am

nite_jay wrote:Maybe they are looking for the Super Dragonballs? And then at one point a villain appears, maybe? That's my only guess right now.
Hmmm. Sounds like a Grand...Tour....

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:11 am

No Trunks or Goten? Or Yamcha?

I'll be pissed if Tenshihan and Roshi get the spotlight again but Yamcha gets left out like the Freeza movie.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:15 am

precita wrote:Guys don't get too hyped. Remember Majin Buu was on the Universe 6 tournament posters and we all expected him to fight and he did nothing.
You're absolutelly right, but I can't look at the image and not get hyped. I should know better but I cannot help myself.
I hope the full image will get released soon, for now Buu and the androids have me hyped enough.

Canwe hope for a good use of the cast? Does Toei learn from his erros?

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:21 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Can't wait to see everyone else fail miserably so Goku & Vegeta clean up again. Seriously, after the U6 arc, you're deluding yourself if you think anything else will happen.
Goku don't win much in Super.
Goku lost to Beerus, arguably against Frieza and Sorbet, against Frost and he didn't win against Hit, and he didn't beat Black or Zamasu or Merged Zamasu.
But Goku did beat Botamo and kill Frieza.

Vegeta beat more people Tagoma, arguably Frieza and Frost, Magetta, Cabbe.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:22 am

Will wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Can't wait to see everyone else fail miserably so Goku & Vegeta clean up again. Seriously, after the U6 arc, you're deluding yourself if you think anything else will happen.
Goku don't win much in Super.
Goku lost to Beerus, arguably against Frieza and Sorbet, against Frost and he didn't win against Hit, and he didn't beat Black or Zamasu or Merged Zamasu.
But Goku did beat Botamo and kill Frieza.

Vegeta beat more people Tagoma, arguably Frieza and Frost, Magetta, Cabbe.
That's nowhere near my point, the U6 arc had a bunch of guys on the poster for the teams and who're the guys to do anything productive? Goku and Vegeta. Monaka was a waste of time, Majin Boo fails before he even gets a chance and Piccolo gets taken out to make Vegeta's beat down of Frost more satisfying. It'll happen again, mark my words, this posters means nothing.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:26 am

Monaka had his match and win thanks to Hit in a funny scene, Piccolo had a good fight and almost won and he would have without Frost cheating.
Only Buu didn't had his match.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:32 am

NO WAY. 17!?

Toei, don't tease us with Gohan please... But hey, he got his muscle back, maybe? Just maybe...?

I can't wait until Friday/Saturday
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:32 am

ekrolo2 wrote:That's nowhere near my point, the U6 arc had a bunch of guys on the poster for the teams and who're the guys to do anything productive? Goku and Vegeta. Monaka was a waste of time, Majin Boo fails before he even gets a chance and Piccolo gets taken out to make Vegeta's beat down of Frost more satisfying. It'll happen again, mark my words, this posters means nothing.
While I relate to the feeling of holding back the expectations. That's overly pessimist. In the Future Trunks Arc, Trunks was the most important character and Mai had a relevant role for a non-fighting character. They didn't fools us there.
I think a middle ground is the most realistic view. Goku and Vegeta do the heavy lifting, one or two characters shine, a bunch of others stick around doing some minor stuff and a couple of others say one line and are never heard from again(Gohan? :think: ).

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:36 am

LightBing wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:That's nowhere near my point, the U6 arc had a bunch of guys on the poster for the teams and who're the guys to do anything productive? Goku and Vegeta. Monaka was a waste of time, Majin Boo fails before he even gets a chance and Piccolo gets taken out to make Vegeta's beat down of Frost more satisfying. It'll happen again, mark my words, this posters means nothing.
While I relate to the feeling of holding back the expectations. That's overly pessimist. In the Future Trunks Arc, Trunks was the most important character and Mai had a relevant role for a non-fighting character. They didn't fools us there.
I think a middle ground is the most realistic view. Goku and Vegeta do the heavy lifting, one or two characters shine, a bunch of others stick around doing some minor stuff and a couple of others say one line and are never heard from again(Gohan? :think: ).
After the Trunks arc, I don't trust this series with anything good anymore. This might come off as entirely unfair towards it but I've adopted a "it's dog shit until proven otherwise" stance. Also, Mai didn't do anything, they teased that she might when she attacks Black with the energy bullet but ultimately, she has no worthwhile contribution to speak of. Trunks does admittedly do stuff but all of it is really, really forced.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:37 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Well looks like everyone's got their wishes!

Gohan could atleast get a new outfit jeez.
They probably wanted to him have the same as his father's which is unfortunately still the same. But I don't even fucking care. I'm so hyped.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:40 am

Come on, if Roshi is there, Chaozu & Yamcha need to fight too! FFS!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:44 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:Come on, if Roshi is there, Chaozu & Yamcha need to fight too! FFS!
Piccolo is barely in the picture. Right now I'm hoping that Yamcha and Gotenks are going to be part of the story but are cut off by the picture.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:45 am

kinisking wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:Come on, if Roshi is there, Chaozu & Yamcha need to fight too! FFS!
Piccolo is barely in the picture. Right now I'm hoping that Yamcha and Gotenks are going to be part of the story but are cut off by the picture.
You're right, there's still hope.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:47 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Don't put your hopes up too high though.
[spoiler]Sorry, as a Gohan fan I always wanted to say that :lol:[/spoiler]

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:54 am

kinisking wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:
kinisking wrote: Piccolo is barely in the picture. Right now I'm hoping that Yamcha and Gotenks are going to be part of the story but are cut off by the picture.
Don't put your hopes up too high though.
[spoiler]Sorry, as a Gohan fan I always wanted to say that :lol:[/spoiler]
I won't :thumbup:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:55 am

ekrolo2 wrote:After the Trunks arc, I don't trust this series with anything good anymore. This might come off as entirely unfair towards it but I've adopted a "it's dog shit until proven otherwise" stance. Also, Mai didn't do anything, they teased that she might when she attacks Black with the energy bullet but ultimately, she has no worthwhile contribution to speak of. Trunks does admittedly do stuff but all of it is really, really forced.
I disagree regarding Mai, she saved a bunch of people in the future and she helped save Goku, Vegeta and Trunks. She did worthwhile things for a side character, kinda like Bulma.
My friendly advice is not to take an inflexible view, it creates tunnel vision. The shit gets shittier and you won't be able to smell the goods things due to all the shit.

Anyway better not extend this discussion, we don't want to clog the thread. Hopefully this arc can surprise you.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:59 am

So with Herm's latest translation I'm assuming that this will start off as a tournament then turn into a "war" arc.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:05 am

nite_jay wrote:So with Herm's latest translation I'm assuming that this will start off as a tournament then turn into a "war" arc.
HA called it! knew it would be a war type of shiz judging from the arc title.

Out of topic: Just wasted money from buying Sun Wukongs Arcana and terrain from Dota 2, just gave a ton of Goku vibes that I had to :lol:
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:06 am

kinisking wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Well looks like everyone's got their wishes!

Gohan could atleast get a new outfit jeez.
They probably wanted to him have the same as his father's which is unfortunately still the same. But I don't even fucking care. I'm so hyped.
Well in GT, Gohan had the exact same gi as Goku. Orange Kame style, sash, and GO symbol. Like that, its the same but no symbol. He even has no bang too.Image
I want the return of purple Gohan from the beginning of the Boo arc

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34