Dragon Ball Kai - The Fandub

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RemiLeopold

Post by RemiLeopold » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:15 pm

DBZOceanHD wrote:Alright Bejita, that's fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbG71-1u ... annel_page

Thanks to the official editor of the dub, Cheska.

Also updated received auditions. If you aren't listed, then contact me. I probably just skipped your name over by accient.
Holy crap! Cheska is my friend from school XD.
That's awesome.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:27 pm

Sent in my auditions! :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:15 am

You know, after actually trying voice acting, I feel sorry for all of those professional voice actors on DBZ who walked in every day and yelled their heads off, because my throat hurts after 20 minutes of it!
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Just to let you know the name Tommy in the auditions list is me.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:51 am

kei17 wrote:Since I've got a deep voice, I can imitate Daisuke Gouri's voice :)
...Probably my English isn't good enough to dub, though.
This leaves me wondering if you could voice King Cold. :D

Such a wonderful time for my recording computer to be dead. Ah, well, we'll see how this goes.

*Reminded of attempted audio project that fell apart because one important VA would never send lines, and there weren't enough VAs involved to recast, and * *combusts*

I'm getting a not-quite-as-pseudo-but-a-little-actually professional vibe from this so far, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:20 am

DBZOceanHD wrote:All that left to do in Episode 1 is essentially put the voices in. If all goes according to plan, it should be released in May.
Really? How did you do to put in the FX and music? And what kind of SD and music did you put in?
As for voices... that's the trickiest part, because you are dependent on others delivering the job.

DBZOceanHD
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZOceanHD » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:39 am

sangofe - Kai is recorded is Stereo, ne? So for Kai, I was able to actually take an episode's audio and extract the BGM out of it. My editor can testify for me. We have the Kai BGM and some of the Kai SFX. My editor, Cheska, then went back through and replaced some of the Kai SFX with higher quality sound effects. It was a process that took a little less then a day, but I have timed it up with the episode. I am very satisfied with the result.

I do agree voices is going to be the most difficult part. In fact, I am having trouble getting lines for a promo for Masako-kun. But again, if all goes according to plan, it will be out by May.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:14 am

How are you extracting the BGM from Stereo?

It would have to be a 5.1 mix to make that possible, even then with the season sets, the sound effects are still audible.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Ocean,

I am really interested in auditioning for Piccolo. I don't have a mic for my computer, any recommendations on what I should get? Also, What program should I use to record my voice clips and save them as MP3?

Best, and thanks in advance!

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:08 pm

I used Audacity. It's simple, easy, and free!
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Kuhan wrote:I used Audacity. It's simple, easy, and free!
Thanks a lot, Kuhan! I downloaded it and got a microphone! As soon as I finish my homework I'll tinker with it!

EDIT: Just sent mine in! =3

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:07 pm

I suggest telling us who everyone auditioned for...

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:47 pm

I would like to know if this dub will use the standard English pronunciation of Goku or the prolonged Japanese "Gokuu".

DBZOceanHD
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZOceanHD » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:42 am

SonGokuGT wrote:I would like to know if this dub will use the standard English pronunciation of Goku or the prolonged Japanese "Gokuu".
Yet to be decided, but I would like to use "Gokuu". It could go either way on that, though.

Kuhan, I got your audition, but I will update the list sometime tomorrow. It's going to take a lot to write out who every auditioned for. But expect it sometime tomorrow.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:13 pm

I might drop in an audition tomorrow for kid Gohan. I have no idea but I feel like I could pull it off better than the other characters, although as stated I am waiting on Vegeta... Even though I probably wouldn't get picked, but my voice would be nothing like Sabat's.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:04 pm

DBZOceanHD wrote:
SonGokuGT wrote:I would like to know if this dub will use the standard English pronunciation of Goku or the prolonged Japanese "Gokuu".
Yet to be decided, but I would like to use "Gokuu". It could go either way on that, though.

Kuhan, I got your audition, but I will update the list sometime tomorrow. It's going to take a lot to write out who every auditioned for. But expect it sometime tomorrow.
I agree on Gokuu. I hope my audition made it out to you ok! :)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:26 pm

DBZOceanHD wrote:

...there's a difference? :?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:54 pm

Big Momma wrote:...there's a difference? :?
There is in Japanese, but not so much in English. So I'm curious as well just what pronuncing his name as "Gokuu" would entail.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

FuniYamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by FuniYamcha » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:23 pm

If you're going to use Gokuu, just make sure the other voice actors also pronounce "son" with the long o sound as opposed to "sun gokuu".
Not a problem.

DBZOceanHD
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZOceanHD » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:52 am

Herms, good point. I guess it would be a longer 'u' sound, but now thinking about it ... it might not be much of a difference.