Welcome to Integrated-Kanzenshuu!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Re: Welcome to Integrated-Kanzenshuu!

Post by lost in thought » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Bussani wrote:Isn't the idea that only members of the Kanzenshuu community would be able to edit the wiki? As I understand it, that's the main reason Mike wanted the accounts to all be linked together. It gives us a greater control over what goes into the wiki and should limit abuse.
It definitely would yield greater control, but there's always flaws even in the best laid plans, when you can't read someones intentions. You also can't trust people not to turn into idiots and attempt to ruin the good things you share with them, so you often need to hold their hands in order to make sure that they can control themselves.

As they say, shit happens.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Excellent, I did not know that or perhaps didn't remember but that does solve the problem nicely.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:52 pm

lost in thought wrote:It definitely would yield greater control, but there's always flaws even in the best laid plans, when you can't read someones intentions. You also can't trust people not to turn into idiots and attempt to ruin the good things you share with them, so you often need to hold their hands in order to make sure that they can control themselves.

As they say, shit happens.
Oh, of course. Nothing is fool proof. But at least this won't be as easy to consistently vandalize and mess up as most fan-wikis.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:22 am

CashmanX wrote:No disrespect intended.

But seeing people go apeshit over the smallest things on the internet has made me cynical I guess... :?
Oh I've seen that too. On a previous daizex forum I once got to help clean up after a nasty spam attack that I really won't go into the details on, so I know idiots will be idiots. xD

Also, you didn't offend ME, I'm not one of those people, I was just saying we shouldn't be labeling them all out to be that way. :)
-Laserkid

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:29 am

Hot damn! I was pretty sure it was a joke until things didn't come back up on April 2....

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:09 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but have you guys considered tossing the menu bar onto the forums somehow? It'd lead to greater intergration of the site and forums, I think, if members were more easily reminded of the content at their finger tips.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:05 pm

That really would be cool, but I'm not entirely sure how they'd make that work (then again I'm STILL not sure how they linked the userbase from the forums to a wordpress site so I could be very off on the difficulty level of this).
-Laserkid

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:41 am

Combining Daizenshuu EX with Kanzentai was a great idea. Now a few complaints/suggestions for Kanzenshuu:
  1. I hate the Goku in Kanzenshuu's header image. I JUST HATE THAT GRIN! Please replace it sometime soon. May I suggest putting Shenlong's head/face in it?
  2. It would be cool to have the forum integrated into Kanzenshuu page's layout. Not sure how much work there is to make such changes in phpBB's theme, but it would be a nice addition, really. I know phpBB's visual integration into Wordpress is possible. Would suggest the same for the upcoming wiki, as well.
  3. The "Contact" pop-up looks kinda bad, and also why did you make "Contact" and "About Us" pop-up at all? I think that generic pages for them would be a better idea, especially since "About Us" pop-up isn't wide enough to fit the text.
That's all from me for the time being.

sanorin
Beyond Newbie

Post by sanorin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:09 pm

The website looks great! Thanks to VegettoEX and all the guys for your hard work. I must admit when I opened the website on April 1st I thought "Yeah right, you did something similar 1 or 2 years ago, I'm not falling for it again", but quickly realized it was real and got so excited!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 am

I wonder we will see the character, transformations and video game guide up again?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

oldboy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by oldboy88 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:33 am

fusion of the best of the best :)
I'm so happy about your decision, reading to all the kanzentai content back then for the first time was so interesting and instructive, then i nearly caught up with all the daizenshuex podcast episodes, you guys brought back my feelings for the Dragonball Series which were fallen asleep a bit. Please keep up the great work!

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:17 am

Is it just me or is the main website a bit laggy? The forum is normal but for some reason the main site just takes a while for me to load for some reason.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:05 am

I noticed that you changed FUNimation's dub errors to "International Adaptation Mistakes" in the Rumor guide! Does that mean it'll include dub errors from other languages or Vizisms?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:28 am

Yep, that's the plan.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:51 pm

To be honest, due to the "Temporary Name Change" thread, I thought it would be possible that the people who made requests would get new names for the ported over forum. :P
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:40 am

I really like the new, fresh look that the website has gotten. It's like taking some of the best from Kanzentai and some of the best from DaizenshuuEX and fusing them together into Kanzenshuu.
Now where have I seen this before? This "fusion" thing? Hmm... :D
Take that as a compliment!

I find the website easy to use, and I especially like the user panel, where I can easily access the forums too.

And everything looks so pretty!

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:22 am

Godo wrote:I really like the new, fresh look that the website has gotten. It's like taking some of the best from Kanzentai and some of the best from DaizenshuuEX and fusing them together into Kanzenshuu.

I find the website easy to use, and I especially like the user panel, where I can easily access the forums too.

Remember, it didn't just add their powers together... it was more like a multiplication. :wink:
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Godo wrote:I really like the new, fresh look that the website has gotten. It's like taking some of the best from Kanzentai and some of the best from DaizenshuuEX and fusing them together into Kanzenshuu.

Remember, it didn't just add their powers together... it was more like a multiplication. :wink:
And because Hujio was VegettoEX's "Number One Rival", that's definitely strongest! 8)
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:31 am

If you don't mind me asking, what did you build the site in? :)

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:38 pm

SSJSteve wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what did you build the site in? :)
I don't mind, since it isn't a trade secret or anything. I built the layout in Photoshop, and then coded it in Notepad. Once it was all coded, I installed WordPress locally on my computer and converted the layout into a WordPress theme. The biggest chunk of my time was spent coding the HTML, JQuery, PHP, and CSS. So yeah, mostly just elbow grease. Nothing too fancy. :P
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::