Kai Episode 4 (26 April 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Fuujin wrote:I remember Mexican Freeza having a masculine, awesome voice.
I love my country so much! Pikkoro's voice is probably the best one

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Did you have to spell Piccolo that way? :wink:

Also, maybe it's because I haven't seen enough of it, but I did use to watch it on telemundo when I was a kid from time to time simply because it was uncut, but the voices in the Mexican Dub sound too similar, as if the same guy was doing a lot of them. But I guess the same argument can be made against the English dub, where in reality one guy did do a third of the characters.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:52 pm

omegacwa wrote:Did you have to spell Piccolo that way? :wink:
I never really noticed, I grew up with the Mexican dub and it uses 'Pikkoro' so I guess it's just a habit, I also call Frieza: Freezer, Chichi: Milk, etc :wink:

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Rod wrote:
I never really noticed, I grew up with the Mexican dub and it uses 'Pikkoro' so I guess it's just a habit, I also call Freeza, Freezer :wink:
S'cool. He was probably just asking cause some American fans spell it like the Japanese just to try to look cool (ex. "Torankusu").
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Yeah, I was just ripping on him, I don't care, it's not like I had no idea who you were referring to.

I will also on occasion refer to Freeza as Freezer, I never spell it the English dub way of Frieza though, cause that sucks. :D

On another note, does anyone think Kai will completely skip the Garlic junior Saga? Because honestly that's 9-10 episodes of stuff that could easily be dropped.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Kendamu wrote:
Rod wrote:
I never really noticed, I grew up with the Mexican dub and it uses 'Pikkoro' so I guess it's just a habit, I also call Freeza, Freezer :wink:
S'cool. He was probably just asking cause some American fans spell it like the Japanese just to try to look cool (ex. "Torankusu").
Yeah, I've seen people do that, but then it's just annoying

Although I have noticed the Mexican dub keeps and changes some names: Kaio-sama, Krilin, Trunks, Milk, Roshi (Master Master)

I think Garlic Jr will be skipped since it's supposed to "be closer to Toriyamas manga" (or something) since it's completely filler

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Hey dudes, any snapshots from this episode? I can't be busied by watching it but wanna see if there's any tracing issues.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:35 pm

bkev wrote:Hey dudes, any snapshots from this episode? I can't be busied by watching it but wanna see if there's any tracing issues.
I didn't notice any tracing issues. If there were any they didn't seem obvious to me.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:38 pm

bkev wrote:Hey dudes, any snapshots from this episode? I can't be busied by watching it but wanna see if there's any tracing issues.
I posted some in the other epiosode four thread (which should be moved to this section...). LINK

If you have any requests I'd be happy to help.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:42 pm

Neat-o, inconsistency... -goes to nearest store to buy orange brick, as now he won't feel so bad- Thanks for the links Rambo!

Wow, those soft edges... wonder if Nappa'll have rabies too in Kai XD
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Now that you mention Nappa I'm curious about knowing it the're going to remove any lighting since it's only supposed to show up on SSJ2

Deity
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deity » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:15 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
rereboy wrote::lol:

But Freeza has a kind of feminine and/or anoying voice in most dubs and even in the original.
It's more gentlemanly. Nearly impossible to properly reproduce as well, not to mention far smoother and, dare I say, bad ass than any other voice given to him.
yeah, notice how he often says something gentlemanly and smiling, and in the next second he rages out, its great.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:24 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
I posted some in the other episode four thread (which should be moved to this section...). LINK
All of those scenes weren't re-animated or re-drawn (traced); they appear that way in DragonBall Z as well. As far as I know, only 5 scenes were re-animated, one of which was just taken from the previous episode (Piccolo killing Goku and Raditz).
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Rod wrote:Now that you mention Nappa I'm curious about knowing it the're going to remove any lighting since it's only supposed to show up on SSJ2
....I don't see the problem. I mean, other than that they forgot to put the yellow aura around Nappa.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:46 pm

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:
Rod wrote:Now that you mention Nappa I'm curious about knowing it they're going to remove any lighting since it's only supposed to show up on SSJ2
....I don't see the problem. I mean, other than that they forgot to put the yellow aura around Nappa.
I don't mean only on Nappa, because he did have lighting in the manga, I meant in most power ups in the seriesw where they just randomly add lightning , Nappa just reminded me for some reason

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Rod wrote:
Kendamu wrote:
Rod wrote: I never really noticed, I grew up with the Mexican dub and it uses 'Pikkoro' so I guess it's just a habit, I also call Freeza, Freezer :wink:
Yeah, I've seen people do that, but then it's just annoying

Although I have noticed the Mexican dub keeps and changes some names: Kaio-sama, Krilin, Trunks, Milk, Roshi (Master Master)

I think Garlic Jr will be skipped since it's supposed to "be closer to Toriyamas manga" (or something) since it's completely filler
Except in Mexico they pronounce Krillin the say it's supposed to be (Kree-Leen). They also keep Ten Shin Han, Pai Ku Han, Mr. Satan, etc. And as for Chichi... yeah, even the live-action movie called her Milk.

And for the record, I don't know the guy's name, but the same guy that voices Nappa also voiced Dr. Gero, Dr. Myuu and I think Ii Shen Long too. But all the major characters were voiced by different people, unlike Sabat voicing Vegeta, Piccolo AND yamcha...

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:04 pm

I'm not really sure but I think Milk was chosen since it's slang for breasts and some people speak Mayan (and if they don't they still know swear words and stuff) and the Mayan word for breasts just happens to be 'Chu-chu' (pronounced choo)

@Hujio
I'm curious how much time do the kanzentai.com Kai guides take to make? they seem very in-depth and extense

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:52 am

Yeah, they seem to keep the tracing in check now, just like in the first two episodes. It's during the fights that they decide to go all out for some reason.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:29 am

Please remember that these threads are specifically for discussing a particular episode of DragonBall Kai. Unless it is related to this particular episode, please either post in a different (but related) thread, or create an entirely new one.

Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Episode 004's ratings have shot up from episode 003's 9.6%, to 11.1%. That kept it in 4th place just after One Piece, which had 11.7%. I'm really surprised this episode got a higher rating than the previous episode, considering the last episode was full of action and this one was mostly dialogue. Maybe the kids in Japan just don't like action these days?!
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::