Lurkers

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:What defines "the good old days of Daizex" for you, and why won't we ever get them back?!
This part has me curious, too. The only thing that's changed about Daizenshuu from what I can tell is the user base (Just looking through the posters in this thread, the decent majority of regular users are from 2006 or beyond). Everything else about the community's remarkably unchanged from its earlier years; I've known a few message boards that started out friendly and intelligent but degenerated long before hitting the five and a half year mark.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:30 am

I've become a bit of a lurker lately, but I always contribute when I feel the need to.

I do make an effort to drop by here daily, and keep up with the podcast, but quite often after a long day at work, I'm not in the right frame of mind to articulate my thoughts in a way that doesn't make me look like a complete asshole.

That and there are a bunch of cool people here that seem to make all my points for me.

Dizrythmia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dizrythmia » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:46 am

I just don't feel the need to contribute to every discussion. I'll add a bit in where I feel I can make a contribution, but for the most part the regulars have it covered.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:47 am

I use to be a lurker myself before I decided to join. First it was just out of curiosity after listening to one of the Daizenshuu podcast. I kept a close eye on the forums after that. Slowly becoming obsessed without even knowing it. The way it went about its daily business, posting comments without knowing that I was watching from a distance. And when the sun set and it was all tuckered out from hard day of replies I watched it sleep, breathing in ever so slowly, it's chest rising. Best days were when there was news about new DBZ material from Japan, it gets all hot and bothered... Oh you dirty bitch.

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:06 am

Like most lurkers before me have stated, I chime in when something that I want to say hasn't been said or when I have a question that I am sure has not been answered. I visit this board almost daily and 90% of the time I don't even log in only because I don't have to.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

Gabool The Wild
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gabool The Wild » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:42 am

Ghost of Vegeta wrote:I lurk simply because most of the time I have nothing useful to say.

That, or I do but I'm wary of breaking some taboo or otherwise making myself look the fool.
I'll second that one.

Wojak
Regular

Post by Wojak » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:45 am

Dr. Casey wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:What defines "the good old days of Daizex" for you, and why won't we ever get them back?!
This part has me curious, too. The only thing that's changed about Daizenshuu from what I can tell is the user base (Just looking through the posters in this thread, the decent majority of regular users are from 2006 or beyond). Everything else about the community's remarkably unchanged from its earlier years; I've known a few message boards that started out friendly and intelligent but degenerated long before hitting the five and a half year mark.
I used to lurk here a lot before (since 2005), and it maybe has to with this which got too big I guess.
Some liked the introduction forums with being off topic and silly and let some steam off there, and some hated it.
In the old days, those things happened. But now, with discipline, we can enjoy completely an all-Dragonball discussion.
At least I think that's what they meant.
No more time for Daizex. Goodbye folks!

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:52 am

The reasons for my lurking have pretty much been said.
If I don't have anything to say, I don't post.

I've recently been thinking of becoming more active, though. So maybe you'll see my head popping up every now and then. Who knows, maybe I'll become famous.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Cold Cobra
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Cold Cobra » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:02 am

May as well post here as well, since every other lurker has come out of their... lurking... cave.

Put me down as another "my opinion has already been said, and I hate people who just post "I Agree!" all time". Plus when I bored as work or at home, it's great sometimes to find a long Daizex thread and read through it. There's nothing more up-lifting than passionate fans whole use correct spelling and grammar (whether they want to or not :)) to debate something.

Still, I stand by my post in the animation art style changes thread, where I posted some awful Freeza/Goku artwork from their endless anime fight. That one was worth un-lurking for.

EDIT: Wow, July 04 and 35 posts. I'm the ultimate lurker, apparently...
Er.... No.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:50 am

I'll post if I have something to say, really. It seems kind of nonsensical to post simply to post.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:22 am

I started out lurking on the forums, back when people like PsyLiam were still around. Eventually, I registered on the forums and made 35 posts, at which point I forgot my password. I tried resetting my password, but for various complicated reasons it didn't work. So I went back to lurking for about a year or so, until I finally had an urge to post again. I got the problems with my password figured out, and I've been posting regulary ever since.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:53 pm

I'm a lurker. Just reading the content, then i became a member.

I only really post when I have questions that can only be answered by this forum. You see in the past I have tried asking the questions on other forums only to not get any useful replies.

I also post to get your opinions on the DragonballZGT games.
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:
Tweaker wrote:...join the IRC channel too...
We have one of those where is it? :shock: Can someone PM me with the info?
It's not like it's top-secret Level 4-Access info, it's right there in the Interaction section...
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

ThegreatPirateKing
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThegreatPirateKing » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:53 pm

We have irc... would of joined if I knew XD

You guys are 'mondo cool' but I just generally like reading your opinions and not saying anything. I've gotten to know you guys without saying a single word : D