Kai Episode 15 (12 July 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Kai Episode 15 (12 July 2009)

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:55 pm

General Discussion for DragonBall Kai episode 15, aired 12 July 2009

(title coming)
(title coming)
(title coming)

PLEASE SAVE DISCUSSION FOR AFTER THE EPISODE HAS AIRED
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Just watched it, had no speakers but overall its a nice episode, next one looks even better. I may alter my opinion when I watch the episode with audio, since music is an important factor too, and I hope Ryo improved his voice work since last week.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:10 pm

> ends on page 5 of chapter 237
> so, 3+5 pages and 3 chapters
> pages 75-125 of vol 20
> 50 pages exact

No notable filler either. There's a short scene of Vegeta walking towards Gohan, threatening him right before Yajirobe cuts his tail off, but that's really all.

Several single-panel shots of Yajirobe commenting on the battle got cut from the manga, but I can't remember if they were in Z either.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:28 pm

Great episode! Loved the music.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:07 am

No complaints here. The redrawn scenes were noticeable, but not in a bad way. I'm just in awe that they actually may be able to wrap 35 episodes up into only 16 or 17. It really blew by. O_O
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:50 am

Chuquita wrote:No complaints here. The redrawn scenes were noticeable, but not in a bad way. I'm just in awe that they actually may be able to wrap 35 episodes up into only 16 or 17. It really blew by. O_O
I know :shock: I'm, really surprised Namek episodes are practically already here

Unfortunately I missed the episode, again. For some reason I always seem to have something to do during weekends, even though I barely do anything on weekdays :P

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:38 am

Man, the Taiyo-Ken at the start of the episode was pretty lame. It happened way too quickly. It just didn't have that epic feel that it had in the manga. (I saw the scene from Dragon Ball Z...)

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:17 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:Man, the Taiyo-Ken at the start of the episode was pretty lame. It happened way too quickly. It just didn't have that epic feel that it had in the manga. (I saw the scene from Dragon Ball Z...)
Agreed, it was too fast, I had to stop my player in order to see the frame..

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:58 am

Good episode and by the looks of the next-episode-preview a lot of the scene where Gohan fights Vegeta are newly animated. Crossing fingers for Vegeta's ''!!''.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:27 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm just in awe that they actually may be able to wrap 35 episodes up into only 16 or 17. It really blew by. O_O
I don't think it's so much "they actually may be" and more "they actually will be". Next weeks episode will be the last episode of the Saiya-jin arc, so things really have flown by quite fast. I feel like the series just started and we're almost into the second main story arc. That's crazy! I just wonder how fast the Freeza arc will go by.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:32 pm

Hujio wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm just in awe that they actually may be able to wrap 35 episodes up into only 16 or 17. It really blew by. O_O
I don't think it's so much "they actually may be" and more "they actually will be". Next weeks episode will be the last episode of the Saiya-jin arc, so things really have flown by quite fast. I feel like the series just started and we're almost into the second main story arc. That's crazy! I just wonder how fast the Freeza arc will go by.
Taking into account the listing up to an episode 50 via the DVDs, and I believe even something Wasted Wisher said, I'm almost inclined to believe it'll run up through there, though who knows. The rate at whcih chapters and episodes are merged isn't at a set rate.

I'm wondering if we'll get a new opening and ending week after next...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:35 pm

When we get to Namek, we're gonna see some more aggressive cutting of Material.

The Saiyan Story Arc had filler, but it was mostly Throwaway Filler episodes during the Training, so MOST of what we lost came from there (thank God)

Namek was where the padding out of Canon events got REEEEEALLY REEEEEEEEALLY Bad.

Even the people around here like Super Ghost Kamikaze who love the Filler would probably Admit Toei went too far with the Filler on Namek.

I think even people who don't like the editing now will have something good to say come Namek.

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:09 pm

DemonRin wrote:When we get to Namek, we're gonna see some more aggressive cutting of Material.

The Saiyan Story Arc had filler, but it was mostly Throwaway Filler episodes during the Training, so MOST of what we lost came from there (thank God)

Namek was where the padding out of Canon events got REEEEEALLY REEEEEEEEALLY Bad.

Even the people around here like Super Ghost Kamikaze who love the Filler would probably Admit Toei went too far with the Filler on Namek.

I think even people who don't like the editing now will have something good to say come Namek.
Would you elaborate?

I dislike the filler about the fake Namek, so pointless.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:27 pm

DemonRin wrote:When we get to Namek, we're gonna see some more aggressive cutting of Material.

YEs, I'm very curios about how they'll handle it.

And of course let's not forget the infamous 'constipation episodes' :lol:

Seriously, an entire episode of powering up? They have to get rid of that, and they probably will

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:19 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I'm wondering if we'll get a new opening and ending week after next...
I doubt it. The opening and ending both feature scenes from the Freeza arc, so I doubt they'll be changed. Toei seems to have intended the ones we have now to be used until Freeza's death. We'll probably get new ones for the Artificial Humans, though.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Bulma and the crab was epic shit.

MaJamie

Post by MaJamie » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:32 am

Didn't really like the music during the scene when Vegeta beats up on Gohan. Seemed kind of overly dramatic and awkward. Never really been bothered by the music in Kai until now.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:37 am

jda95 wrote:Bulma and the crab was epic shit.
Oh, was it now? >_>;
I remember watching that for the first time. I thought it was OK. Then... *vomit*

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:40 am

jda95 wrote:Bulma and the crab was epic shit.
Let's not discuss Bulma's vaginal problems please....

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Damn you Team Four Star! I kept hearing Goku squeaking during the episode