Kai Episode 16 (19 July 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Kai Episode 16 (19 July 2009)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:26 pm

General Discussion for DragonBall Kai episode 16, aired 19 July 2009

(title coming)
(title coming)
(title coming)

WHOOPS OUT OF TOWN AND FORGOT TO MAKE THE THREAD BUT IT LOOKS LIKE NO-ONE REALLY CARED OR NOTICED!
Last edited by VegettoEX on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:28 pm

I wonder if anyone actually watched this. :lol:

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:34 pm

Big Boss wrote:I wonder if anyone actually watched this. :lol:
I did! Good episode.

Deity
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deity » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:38 pm

I noticed, I always come here to check everyone's comments on the episode lol

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:39 pm

I didn't, I was going to, but I missed because I recently got obsessed with Waka-Waka on Facebook :lol:

Usual questions: How was the filler? and How were the redrawn scenes?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:52 pm

I watched the last few minutes to see where it ended, but between having things to do in the outside world and keeping up with Dragon Box speculation I haven't sat down and watched the full episode yet.

I'll probably do it sometime within the next couple days when a friend of mine who needs to catch up has time to hang out and watch the last few episodes with me.

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:47 pm

Fantastic episode, really liked the redrawn scenes, that's how they should be. Gohan's transformation music worked well with the scene, but its not as epic as the version of Z(although it played like once or twice during the entire series). Ryo's voice work this episode was good, definitely sounded like old Vegeta.
Last edited by Vino on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:17 pm

Chapter count: 10 last pages of chapter 237, all of chapter 239, 240 and 241, and 3 and a half-ish page from chapter 242 (jumping around a bit in the middle of it - forgot how DBZ covered that chapter).

Quite a sizable amount of ground covered. Only bit of filler I remember was a short extention of the "Gohan fires a Masenkou at Vegeta" scene, and a half minute or so of Vegeta and Monkey Gohan fighting.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:20 am

Wow. You are right, Mike! No one cares about Kai now that they discuss about Dragon Box.

I think the last episode of Saiyan arc was pretty good. The pace was much better than previous episode. I do wonder if there will be new eyecatch next episode and a new title card background.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:57 am

As expected the re-animated scenes were fabulicious. Only a darn shame Vegeta's ''!!'' was on the screen for a split second

The music start to kick in on me now so that's a plus.

Edit: never mind people, gotta start to learn how to read!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:57 am

Son Wukong wrote:As expected the re-animated scenes were fabulicious. Only a darn shame Vegeta's ''!!'' was on the screen for a split second

The music start to kick in on me now so that's a plus.

Edit: never mind people, gotta start to learn how to read!
Huh? Are you serious? Do you seriously mean the redrawn scenes usually are great? I think the opposite.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:09 am

sangofe wrote:Huh? Are you serious? Do you seriously mean the redrawn scenes usually are great? I think the opposite.
I can understand that the initials ones were uuhhmm...effortless (I think that's the word I'm looking for) but the last 3 episodes have improved like 210%. You should try to watch a HD rip, there is a heck of a difference between it and the ones around the 200MB size. And if you already are, well to each his/her own opinion. But if it's the transition between the new redrawn scenes and the normal ones that is bothering you, I'm with you on that one. That goes without saying, for me.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Looks like no episode next week...

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:15 pm

I actually thought the reanimation on this episode was pretty good. A shame it is an exception among Kai.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:29 pm

RoarkVegeta wrote:Looks like no episode next week...
What? How come?

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Rod wrote:
What? How come?
Because of an annual "FNS Day" special.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Hujio wrote:
Rod wrote:
What? How come?
Because of an annual "FNS Day" special.
Appreciate your time to take on the history of American DBZ and how they mess it up. Don't get me wrong, I am not offended because of Funimation scraped the idea of UUE. I'm just happy that I will be able to own the entrie DBZ. I love their Remastered and widescreen. But I still don't understand why they can't let go. Do the fans really have to vomit in rage and drunk out on them? They did, after all, redub all 67 episodes. What more could they want? Is 4:3 a must for the fans? Why aren't the fans complain about Japanese Dragon Box the Movies that has 16:3? Hypocritical, if you ask me....
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:25 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Why aren't the fans complain about Japanese Dragon Box the Movies that has 16:3? Hypocritical, if you ask me....
Because the movies were INTENDED to be cropped to fit the widescreen of the cinema, unlike the series which was INTENDED for 4:3 televisions.

Mystery Person X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystery Person X » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:30 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:They did, after all, redub all 67 episodes.
Why would this be any more than an incidental curiosity to fans of the Japanese version?
Is 4:3 a must for the fans?
Yes. Did you somehow miss all the bitching about this?

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:32 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Appreciate your time to take on the history of American DBZ and how they mess it up. Don't get me wrong, I am not offended because of Funimation scraped the idea of UUE. I'm just happy that I will be able to own the entrie DBZ. I love their Remastered and widescreen. But I still don't understand why they can't let go. Do the fans really have to vomit in rage and drunk out on them? They did, after all, redub all 67 episodes. What more could they want? Is 4:3 a must for the fans? Why aren't the fans complain about Japanese Dragon Box the Movies that has 16:3? Hypocritical, if you ask me....
Like Big Boss aid, the movies were animated to be shown in Widescreen. Flat out.

As for the fans being upset about the wide-screen, we have every right to be pissed that after years of supporting the show, we're provided with a flawed product. No just a flawed product, but a knowingly flawed product, meant to pander to people obsessed with "cinematic" style. The show was animated to be shown in 4:3; any other portrayal of the show is flawed, unnecessary, and ultimately insulting.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/