Kai Stopping at Freeza? Since When?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

yunzabit
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Kai Stopping at Freeza? Since When?

Post by yunzabit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:44 pm

B wrote:
yunzabit wrote:I think that people should be able to accept any piece of Dragonball as canon as long as it agrees with them and their understanding. For example, I have mentioned on this board before that post-Freeza arc is unimportant to me, but for someone to prophecize their interpretation as law is not only ignorant but should also be grounds for banning.
Not to sound rude, but what good does this do when we come here to discuss DB? A "personal" canon sounds nice in theory, but when it doesn't apply to anyone else besides you, there's not much to say. Sure... you could just not participate in such discussions, but still.
Well to be honest it really doesn't affect the board at all. I mentioned it to add more of a philosophical fandom aspect to the discussion. A thought like this usually goes without saying but since it was just an add-on to the main point of my earlier post I figured it was worth the extra effort to acknowledge.

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:33 am

Xyex wrote:
Ducard wrote:Personally I would love for Kai to animate an alternate ending where Goku dies on Namek, but it's just not very likely to happen.
Now here's an interesting question. Assuming Kai does go all the way to the end of Z.... what ending will we get? Would Toei go so far as to reanimate the last few moments of Z to match with the new manga ending?
What do you mean by this? Does the new manga end any differently than the older one?

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:40 am

SylentEcho wrote:
Xyex wrote:
Ducard wrote:Personally I would love for Kai to animate an alternate ending where Goku dies on Namek, but it's just not very likely to happen.
Now here's an interesting question. Assuming Kai does go all the way to the end of Z.... what ending will we get? Would Toei go so far as to reanimate the last few moments of Z to match with the new manga ending?
What do you mean by this? Does the new manga end any differently than the older one?
The manga had a re-release in Japan in much nicer "Kanzenban" Volumes. The Kanzenban featured a modified ending.
Several panels were added to the destruction of Boo to make for a more dramatic finale to the fight, and then four whole pages were added to the very end. All of this by Toriyama himself.
In the original, Son flies off with Oob. In this new ending, Son stops and calls Kintoun (Nimbus to you dubbies) and sets Oob down on the cloud; he can sit on it just fine without falling through. He proceeds to fly off with Son trailing after him, and you see a shot of Oob on the cloud side by side with a transparent "memory" of Little Goku from the beginning of Dragon Ball to show that Son has come full circle and is training this new generation of fighter.

The final message was changed too. Originally it said: (and I'm paraphrasing)
"This is the story as far as I can tell you. It is certain the Earth will fall under peril again, but it will always be safe because they have the Dragon Balls."
The new final message says:
"This is the story as far as I can tell you. It is certain the Earth will fall under peril again, but it will always be safe because it's protected by a great bunch of guys!"

End on Vegeta declaring he'll defeat Kakarott. (Which, in a rather baffling way, works against his character development.)
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Or, ya' know, you could just point folks over to our page all about the new ending ^_~.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:01 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Or, ya' know, you could just point folks over to our page all about the new ending ^_~.
Oh, come on Mike. That would be silly to post links to supplemental information. ^_^

Just look at you, pimpin' your own stuff like that.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:34 pm

I know I'm new to posting here although I've been lurking for quite some time but, there was an announcement that 99 episodes are planned. Therefore Kai stopping at the Freeza arc just isn't going to happen.

So, the OP's question has been answered. Shouldn't this thread be locked :?:

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:46 pm

EX isn't fond of locking threads simply because the first question in the thread was answered. If there really is nothing left to discuss, new threads and/or current ones will knock this down the page into obscurity.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:11 pm

I have seen threads locked for less. This thread will be locked.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:35 pm

craddle wrote:I know I'm new to posting here although I've been lurking for quite some time but, there was an announcement that 99 episodes are planned. Therefore Kai stopping at the Freeza arc just isn't going to happen.

As B noted, we don't just lock threads for the sake of locking threads. Even if the question posed in the first post of a thread has been answered, there's a good chance that further discussion can stem off from there.
Khalid Shahin wrote:I have seen threads locked for less. This thread will be locked.
What on Earth are you even talking about? This post doesn't make a lick of sense.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:53 pm

VegettoEX wrote:What on Earth are you even talking about? This post doesn't make a lick of sense.
Sorry, I thought it was a sure thing that this thread would be locked considering it is already confirmed that Kai will continue past Freeza arc, and that I don't see how there can be any more discussion over the matter. I saw other users commenting on what ending will it have the, Kanzenban or the original. But that conversation is over and the true answer won't come up until at least a year from now going by the rumored/expected minimum episode count. I was just comparing this thread to other threads which were less obvious to get locked. But who am I to decide a thread's faith? Locking threads left and right would ruin the point of discussion. So why not, leave this thread open and if there is anything that can be added, it will be added. If not, then it will get buried by other threads.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:51 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
craddle wrote:I know I'm new to posting here although I've been lurking for quite some time but, there was an announcement that 99 episodes are planned. Therefore Kai stopping at the Freeza arc just isn't going to happen.

As B noted, we don't just lock threads for the sake of locking threads. Even if the question posed in the first post of a thread has been answered, there's a good chance that further discussion can stem off from there.
Discussion of what though? Kai isn't stopping at the Freeza arc and we have a bazzilion Kai threads to begin with. I really do not see your point but, you're the boss. :wink:
Last edited by Craddle on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Okay, I locked it.

EDIT: Now I've re-opened it ten seconds later. Hurray! Everybody wins!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:06 am

That's the exact thing I didn't want, Kaboom.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:04 pm

craddle wrote:Discussion of what though? Kai isn't stopping at the Freeza arc and we have a bazzilion Kai threads to begin with. I really do not see your point but, you're the boss.
Please do not edit my posts due to a minor grammar error. It's very childish. I mean come on, I misspelled 1 word.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:15 pm

craddle wrote:
craddle wrote:Discussion of what though? Kai isn't stopping at the Freeza arc and we have a bazzilion Kai threads to begin with. I really do not see your point but, you're the boss.
Please do not edit my posts due to a minor grammar error. It's very childish. I mean come on, I misspelled 1 word.
You agreed to it in the forum rules before you registered. If you don't like the rules, you don't have to post here.

And before you potentially whine back at me, I'm not even the one who edited the post. There are several moderators who take up the job, and they do their job equally among all members.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:27 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
craddle wrote:
You agreed to it in the forum rules before you registered. If you don't like the rules, you don't have to post here.

And before you potentially whine back at me, I'm not even the one who edited the post. There are several moderators who take up the job, and they do their job equally among all members.
Why would I whine at you?

That is fine VegettoEX. I'll simply go back and edit any edits that I may have made a mistake on. :D

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Would the thread get locked now since it's kind of de-railed a little? :P
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 am

Nah, this falls under 'further discussion'. :lol:

Actually, though, I do have a bit of an topic re-direct back to one of the topics that did come up in here under the 'further discussion' label. Namely:
Xyex wrote:Now here's an interesting question. Assuming Kai does go all the way to the end of Z.... what ending will we get? Would Toei go so far as to reanimate the last few moments of Z to match with the new manga ending?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:26 am

Big Momma wrote:Would the thread get locked now since it's kind of de-railed a little? :P
That's not going to happen. :lol:
Xyex wrote:Nah, this falls under 'further discussion'. :lol:

Actually, though, I do have a bit of an topic re-direct back to one of the topics that did come up in here under the 'further discussion' label. Namely:
Xyex wrote:Now here's an interesting question. Assuming Kai does go all the way to the end of Z.... what ending will we get? Would Toei go so far as to reanimate the last few moments of Z to match with the new manga ending?
They just may. Then again, they might not. Seems they're trying to spend the least amount of money possible. Which is a good trend for businesses to make money. Which could be a reason they may not reanimate the ending. I would personally love a new ending fitting with the new manga.

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:05 am

DemonRin wrote:The manga had a re-release in Japan in much nicer "Kanzenban" Volumes. The Kanzenban featured a modified ending.
Several panels were added to the destruction of Boo to make for a more dramatic finale to the fight, and then four whole pages were added to the very end. All of this by Toriyama himself.
In the original, Son flies off with Oob. In this new ending, Son stops and calls Kintoun (Nimbus to you dubbies) and sets Oob down on the cloud; he can sit on it just fine without falling through. He proceeds to fly off with Son trailing after him, and you see a shot of Oob on the cloud side by side with a transparent "memory" of Little Goku from the beginning of Dragon Ball to show that Son has come full circle and is training this new generation of fighter.

The final message was changed too. Originally it said: (and I'm paraphrasing)
"This is the story as far as I can tell you. It is certain the Earth will fall under peril again, but it will always be safe because they have the Dragon Balls."
The new final message says:
"This is the story as far as I can tell you. It is certain the Earth will fall under peril again, but it will always be safe because it's protected by a great bunch of guys!"

End on Vegeta declaring he'll defeat Kakarott. (Which, in a rather baffling way, works against his character development.)
Wow! I knew about this, but I totally forgot. I thought you were talking about an alternate ending after the Furiza arc. :lol: