Kai Episode 43 (6 February 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Kai Episode 43 (6 February 2010)

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:40 pm

General Discussion for DragonBall Kai episode 43, aired 6 February 2010

孫悟空VSフリーザ!超決戦の幕開けだ!
Son Gokuu tai Furiiza! Chou-Kessen no Makuake da!
Son Goku vs Freeza! The Curtain Opens on the Super Decisive Battle!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Adamant
I Live Here

Re: Kai Episode 43 (6 February 2010)

Post by Adamant » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:22 pm

The episode started with page 7 of chapter 308, and covered the rest of that, as well as 309 and 310. Part of the Kaiou scene from the beginning of 309 had been moved to last episode, but the remainder of it was left here. 310 ended with a quick scene with Chichi and Gyumaou, which was skipped. There were a good amount of filler fighting between Goku and Freeza early in the episode, and it also included the first parts of the Return of Ginyu filler (noooo). 36 pages in total.

Episode-wise, it covered episode 87 and 88 of DBZ.
Last edited by Adamant on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:28 pm

36 pages while including some filler? Not bad at all!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:29 pm

You know, I almost forgot that Bulma was even on the planet, lol. Looks like they're going to remind us with the lame Bulma-Ginyu switch, which seems a bit unnecessary, especially during a big fight like this.

Also, the Yamamoto score really worked well in this episode during Goku and Freeza's battle, almost like it was made for it. I would prefer a few new tracks, but still, what was used fit, so I can't complain too loudly.

I'd forgotten how awesome some of Goku's fight with Freeza was.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:09 pm

I wonder if they're keeping it just to give Bulma's voice actress a reason to get paid.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Maybe she'll start getting back on track with the character's voice. She's been a little weak in Kai, in my opinion.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Can I get a Schemen?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:27 am

I think she's pretty good now, it was mostly early Kai that felt like she was phoning it in.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Darn, they didn't change Kuririn's outfit when he flew away right before the battle between Goku and Freeza. :?

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:36 pm

Either my mind's in the gutter or I have a habit for noticing all sorts of shapes within other things, even if they're not intentional. But does anyone else see a giant smoke wang during the explosion from Goku and Freeza's fight in this episode?!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Sometimes a mushroom cloud is just a mushroom cloud.

Can I get a Schemen?

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:19 pm

I actually thought "Oh hey, it's the dick cloud again." :P

Actually, I haven't seen this battle since it was on TV way back, but I remember getting bored pretty quickly back then. This time, it was a lot more enjoyable--then again, the original Season 3 dub might have had something to do with it :P

I'm pretty bummed they're keeping the Ginyu filler, though. It was annoying as hell.
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:21 pm

ThunderPX wrote:Actually, I haven't seen this battle since it was on TV way back, but I remember getting bored pretty quickly back then. This time, it was a lot more enjoyable--then again, the original Season 3 dub might have had something to do with it :P
Goku: Just what's your deal, anyway?
Freeza: Well, basically, I'm trying to kill you.

Can I get a Schemen?

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Blech, the minute into the actual episode I was thinking "damn... this is Kai isn't it? this staring is kind of annoying". Fortunately the rest of the episode was pretty good :D

Hmm... I can't remember the Ginyu filler exactly, but I'm going to be kind of disappointed if those fillers scenes could've been removed :(

verto
Beyond Newbie

Post by verto » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Tsukento wrote:Either my mind's in the gutter or I have a habit for noticing all sorts of shapes within other things, even if they're not intentional. But does anyone else see a giant smoke wang during the explosion from Goku and Freeza's fight in this episode?!
No, I noticed it too, its really pretty blatant.
Proud to be a S<3NE.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 pm

._.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:32 pm

It's Future Goku!
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Drayenko » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Herms wrote:It's Future Goku!
OMG! :lol: It's actually: Kai Goku!

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:38 pm

What is up with those ridiculously saturated colors? Is it the fault of the person who recorded it or what?

And was his arm cropped out or something?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:12 pm

fps_anth wrote:Image

._.

I don't get it.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Tsukento wrote:Either my mind's in the gutter or I have a habit for noticing all sorts of shapes within other things, even if they're not intentional. But does anyone else see a giant smoke wang during the explosion from Goku and Freeza's fight in this episode?!
No, My girlfriend and I saw it too. I had to do a double glance to make sure I wasn't seeing things. This episode was a good one but did you see the one shot of Freeza where the outline of his eyes were SUPER thick? :shock:
Big Momma wrote:

I don't get it.
His arm is missing.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?