Super Saiyan in Kai - Confirmed!

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Super Saiyan in Kai - Confirmed!

Post by Hujio » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:55 pm

I just posted this over on Kanzentai, but I thought people may want to discuss it here as well. Someone at Toei has leaked the next couple of episode titles early, confirming that Super Saiyan Son Goku will make his Kai debut in episode 047. So with that, let's do what we do best, speculation!

What does everything think Toei will do with this scene, both musically and visually? Will we hear the insert song "An Ultra-super Dragon Soul" again? Will the cropping horribly alter it, or will the entire scene be re-animated at top-notch quality?

Finally, with it only be two weeks away, do you plan on actually tuning in to watch the episode?
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Saiyan in Kai - Confirmed!

Post by Big Momma » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:59 pm

I'm definitely watching this one.

And while I have no idea what will happen, here's hoping that they re-animate the scene.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:04 pm

I'll be watching this one live, too!

I'm really hoping they do all the works for this episode and scene. I suspect that #46 will cover Dragon Ball Z #93-93, so we might actually see about a half episode's worth of fighting in Kai #47.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:11 pm

JulieYBM wrote:so we might actually see about a half episode's worth of fighting in Kai #47.
Man, that's something that absolutely solidifies just how awesome DBZ 095 is -- it ends with an evil staredown. I don't know if the emotional impact can be retained if, within the exact same episode, they start fighting. I think it's worth it to get rid of that cut-away to Bulma and Ginyu-Frog, though.

Never mind the fact that DBZ 096's animation is terrible...

This is something I'll probably check out in a somewhat timely fashion. It's arguably the first OMG HUGE EVENT in the (Z) series continuity, and it's worth a look. Crazy that they potentially blew the usage of "Super Ultra Dragon Soul" so early, since it would have been the perfect opportunity to use an insert song (as opposed to some of the earlier uses)... of course, I don't actually think that song would fit with the scene at all, so maybe that's a good thing...?

We've still got "CHASER" and "Muteki AURA..." (and lolz Dende's song) that they haven't used yet, and neither of them seem like appropriate songs for the transformation. Hell, all of them sound like nothing more than backing music to a general AMV of fight scenes...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

UristtheGreat
Beyond Newbie

Post by UristtheGreat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:15 pm

With all this talk of silence I think they should use that, no music except for Goku turning Super Saiyan and some sound effects.
LeprikanGT wrote:...I LOVE that we are getting the Dragonboxes, but the JP ones are HUGE ones are noticably taller and the dicks dont overlap.

Super Klonoa

Post by Super Klonoa » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Considering that past reports have said that there's a Super Saiyan theme in the Song Collection, and that SSJ Goku is in the background of this song's lyrics page, I'm gonna be surprised and disappointed if they don't use Super Dragon Soul in episode 47.

I mean, the music is perfect for the scene, the lyrics are fitting for it... It'd be a mistake not to use it, really.

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to this episode if they are planning to use the song. It was really epic for me back in the day...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:58 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:so we might actually see about a half episode's worth of fighting in Kai #47.
Man, that's something that absolutely solidifies just how awesome DBZ 095 is -- it ends with an evil staredown. I don't know if the emotional impact can be retained if, within the exact same episode, they start fighting. I think it's worth it to get rid of that cut-away to Bulma and Ginyu-Frog, though.

Never mind the fact that DBZ 096's animation is terrible...

This is something I'll probably check out in a somewhat timely fashion. It's arguably the first OMG HUGE EVENT in the (Z) series continuity, and it's worth a look. Crazy that they potentially blew the usage of "Super Ultra Dragon Soul" so early, since it would have been the perfect opportunity to use an insert song (as opposed to some of the earlier uses)... of course, I don't actually think that song would fit with the scene at all, so maybe that's a good thing...?

We've still got "CHASER" and "Muteki AURA..." (and lolz Dende's song) that they haven't used yet, and neither of them seem like appropriate songs for the transformation. Hell, all of them sound like nothing more than backing music to a general AMV of fight scenes...
Aye, my suspicion is that the first eyecatch with cap with the final shot of #95 and then #96 will be contained in the second half of the episode (didn't that end with the "I am Son Gokû, the Super Saiyan!!"...?)

As awesome a episode-ender as #95 has I think #94's end of Gokû smashing down the Genki-dama is the sort of episode-ender that "just feels right." Another plus is the fluidity of which the episodes will likely move with (i.e. less "holy cow, speed up lulz") and more...dare I say classic Dragon Ball Z epic stare down-esque?

Might as well throw down right now suspicions that #45 (airing this weekend) will follow the usual "one episode as Part A, another a Part B" formula the Freeza arc has taken tenderly to with Part A being the end of #91 and Part B ending with #92 (which means we get Twenty-Times Kaiô-ken failing in the first half and the episode ending with Gokû grinning about his hidden-in-plain-sight Genki-dama).
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:09 pm

So, I want to be able to tune in to watch these last few episodes before Goku turns SSj. Where do I go to/how do I watch these?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Tyro wrote:So, I want to be able to tune in to watch these last few episodes before Goku turns SSj. Where do I go to/how do I watch these?
Well, being that you live in Kentucky, and being that Kentucky is in the US, and being that FUNimation has it licensed for the US...

We sure ain't talkin' about that here no more :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:19 pm

VegettoEX wrote:We sure ain't talkin' about that here no more :).
What about telling someone how to watch it live? Or would you not like that discussed as well? It doesn't matter to me, I'm just curious if you only meant don't tell someone where to download the episodes illegally. Where are you drawing the line on this one?
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Well, if they use KeyHoleTV, it would be completely legal since it's from Japan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs. :mrgreen:
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:50 pm

VegettoEX wrote:We sure ain't talkin' about that here no more :).
I hate you.

We (well, most) do not talk like that. At least from where I'm from. :wink:
Hujio wrote:What about telling someone how to watch it live?
This is the info that I wanted. Not torrents or anything. I thought back when Kai was still new word got around about how to watch it live on the interwebz.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Tyro wrote:This is the info that I wanted. Not torrents or anything. I thought back when Kai was still new word got around about how to watch it live on the interwebz.
That information certainly wouldn't be somewhere here on the forums or on sites like Kanzentai. Certainly not. No sir.

In other news, this may be the first episode of Kai I watch in ages. I'm curious to see how bad the (bound to be) reanimated portions are.
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:41 pm

All I'm wondering is what they'll do with "the scream."

Will they keep in line with the original and have some freaky-ass voice come from no where to yell for Goku? Or will Nozawa get in touch with her inner Super Saiyan for some killer yell? 8)
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Wasn't that Ginyu's Z VA? What if they had Katsuyuki Konishi do it over? That would be a treat.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 pm

I still think it sounds like it's just pitch-shifted.
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:

Flamzeron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flamzeron » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:42 am

Damn, we've still got 3 more episodes to go. Next to Trunks' first appearance, Goku going SS1 for the first time is the one thing I want to see in DBKai the most.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:52 am

I personally don't really care what insert song they'll use in the transformation scene... I'm sure they handle it fine though :3
I do hope they use Freeza's insert song when he suddenly turns out to be alive and killing everyone. That would be sweet! (I do realise the song is being overused but I just think it rocks XD)

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:19 am

I wonder if Masako will do her loud screams like she did in Dragon Ball Z

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:26 am

Original SSJ scream is pitch-down of Nozawa's scream. Let's see what they'll do in Kai.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88