Kai Episode 52 (11 April 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Kai Episode 52 (11 April 2010)

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:07 pm

General Discussion for DragonBall Kai episode 52, aired 11 April 2010.

消えゆく星に残った2人!これが最終決戦だ
Kieyuku Hoshi ni Nokotta Futari! Kore ga Saishuu Kessen da
Two Remain on a Vanishing Planet!
This is the Final Showdown
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kai Episode 52 (11 April 2010)

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Pretty good episode, and ended with Fr­ieza getting cut in half, but in the next episode preview I saw no scenes of Goku trying to escape Namek, or the actual explosion, and I saw the scene where Goku "quit" which happened this freaking episode. I really hope they don't keep that huge flashback that Fr­ieza has before he fires his blast at Goku...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:38 pm

This week, on Dragon Ball Kai...

Dragon Ball covered: 3 last pages of 324, all of 325, first 11 pages of 326
Dragon Ball Z covered: 102, 103, and up to 4 minutes left in 104

This is easily the most fun I've had in watching Dragon Ball Kai in months. We sped right through nearly three episodes. Surprisingly, we ended with Freeza being sliced by his own Homing Kienzan, and there was quite a bit of blood. Next week is the conclusion of the fight, meaning the Super Saiyan portion lasts but six episodes!!

Next week will probably be back to 1.5-2 episodes. The rest of #104 needs to play out, along with material from #105. The episode could end with #105, or include some of #106.
Last edited by JulieYBM on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: I really hope they don't keep that huge flashback that Fr­ieza has before he fires his blast at Goku...
Well, with the episode titles we already know the Freeza arc is wrapping up by episode 54, so surely they can't be stretching out the remaining material too long.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:56 pm

Did I hear some new music? I thought I heard some new music.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Herms wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote: I really hope they don't keep that huge flashback that Fr­ieza has before he fires his blast at Goku...
Well, with the episode titles we already know the Freeza arc is wrapping up by episode 54, so surely they can't be stretching out the remaining material too long.
Ugh, thanks for reminding me. Can't say I'm glad that flashback was gone. Wasn't that literally half the episode (at least)? And as of this moment, I've only ever seen that particular episode in the English dub with its incessant "sparkly" (droning) flashback music. Bad enough for a thirty second flashback, for one that last upwards of ten minutes?! Yeesh!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:47 am

Pretty good episode, indeed. It was exciting and action-packed - enjoyed it quite a bit. :)

But I can't seem to understand how they showed Freeza being cut in half with all that blood and gore, but replaced Goku's whole with a bruise during the Raditz fight?! :?
I simply can't follow the logic here.. and it's just plain irritating. :x

Lugo

Post by Lugo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Don't forget Vegeta getting his chest blasted through by Krillin and him coughing up blood after Freaza's bleam pierces through his chest too. Its really weird they edited those two bloody scenes as well... >.>'

But all in all, this episode was awesome! Much better then the previous fighting before. Much better at the pacing back to back, speeding up to all most 3 episodes in one. OVO

Just gets your blood pumping. :mrgreen:

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:26 pm

BobZ wrote:But I can't seem to understand how they showed Freeza being cut in half with all that blood and gore, but replaced Goku's whole with a bruise during the Raditz fight?! :?
I simply can't follow the logic here.. and it's just plain irritating. :x
It's probably because Fri­eza's blood appears to have a slight magenta tint. Or it's because he's an alien (visibly, because Goku looks human) and possibly because he's a villain.

It's also entirely possible that they are becoming more laid back on the censorship, which I really hope (but kinda doubt) is the case.

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Actually, I think that there are different teams working on Kai for each episode, in terms of the censors.

We were fortunate enough for this episode to get the team that isn't too crazy about them. There seems to be no consistent rule for the censors, sometimes they get rid of the smallest amount of blood, and sometimes they leave a large amount.

But for episodes like 50 or 42, every bit of blood was either removed or changed to spit. Hell, theres a scene in 50 where Freeza coughs blood but that was changed to spit, yet in this episode we see him do it like what 3 times?

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Boy, that's retarded.

If they had left everything uncensored AT LEAST in the DVDs and BluRays, that would've been smashing and I wouldn't be bitching about it... but noooooo... :lol:
Oh, screw it. I give up. We'll just have to accept it as is it, and that's that.

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:25 pm

It was an ok episode, but I just hated how they cut off between action and peaceful scenes.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:25 pm

If there was one instance I wouldn't mind FUNimation tampering with the footage, it would be if they restored the censored footage with the original Z footage. :wink:

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:21 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:...Fr­ieza ... Fr­ieza...
Question, did Mike remove the word filter?
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:28 pm

DemonRin wrote:Question, did Mike remove the word filter?
Nope, Metalwario64 has done something sneaky and, possibly, demonic to achieve this. Whenever I want to dodge the filter, for comparing names, I usually throw in a tag in there like Frie[ b][ /b]za. That would preserve the name.

Expect the Secret Police to remove this post and drag me away. Fight on without me, comrades!
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:31 am

But, unless they're comparing the two side-by-side, why would someone go out of their way to spell it wrong?...
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:52 am

DemonRin wrote:But, unless they're comparing the two side-by-side, why would someone go out of their way to spell it wrong?...
...Seriously? Are you really bringing that here? :?

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:48 am

Vino wrote:It was an ok episode, but I just hated how they cut off between action and peaceful scenes.
I actually liked that.
I also liked this episode. I remember I was always relieved when Goku said "I quit" and turned back to his normal self. Back in the day I feared that SSJ was permanent... so I was really glad *hee-hee*.
So I guess Namek will go kaboom next week?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:15 am

Bura wrote:So I guess Namek will go kaboom next week?
I sure hope so... I can't even watch the Z counterpart because of Fr­ieza's ridiculous flashback that flashes back to things that have happened even in the last episode... It's like a thinly veiled clip show of the Fr­ieza arc. It looks like some remnants of that flashback will remain, but it should be short enough to show Namek explode.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:54 am

Just look at next week's episode title. It'll have to explode!

Anywho, this was a pretty good episode! I think that, even as sped up as it is, the Freeza arc was a little longer than it should've been. Of course, they kept many of the filler parts of the battle in, but what saved it was that there was very very little re-use of footage in this battle. In the original Freeza battle, there was tons of stock footage and flashbacks by this point.

While not as fast-paced as I hoped this fight would be overall, this episode was pretty nice.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co