Baby's eggs

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Baby's eggs

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 pm

If Baby from GT laid one of his eggs in Broli or Goku, would it work?

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Baby,s eggs

Post by dragondyle » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:55 pm

Probably. It worked on everyone else that got Baby's egg in them.
You must have faith in who you are.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Baby's eggs

Post by Bussani » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:51 pm

Why wouldn't it?
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:34 am

@ringworm128: My friend, that is one giant avatar you have there. Maybe you should try resizing it? :wink:
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

piccolo-san785
Beyond Newbie

Post by piccolo-san785 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:31 am

dragondyle wrote:Probably. It worked on everyone else that got Baby's egg in them.
The only one that we know of that wasn't affected was buu.

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:46 am

piccolo-san785 wrote:
dragondyle wrote:Probably. It worked on everyone else that got Baby's egg in them.
The only one that we know of that wasn't affected was buu.
Hmm, then that brings up more thought then. What makes someone not effected by the egg?
You must have faith in who you are.

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:57 am

dragondyle wrote:Hmm, then that brings up more thought then. What makes someone not effected by the egg?

Boo's laws-of-even-Dragon Ball-physics defying internal body structure (See: Vegetto splitting inside Boo) seems to be the only thing that stopped an egg being effective. I forget, did Oob just not get implanted or did he avoid being assimilated by some other means?

If I remember correctly, Baby's egg inside Boo just kind of lies there, not doing anything. Perhaps Boo's magical make-up is so unique that Baby's eggs cannot recognise him as a being to be assimilated. Boo's a unique being, created by magic billions of years ago and making no sense whatsoever, so it wouldn't be a surprise that Baby wouldn't know what to do with him.
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:25 am

I don't remember GT stuff very well, but I seem to remember Buu saying that the egg didn't taste good so he kind of...quarantined it inside himself. When Mr. Satan is inside him, Buu points out that the egg is wrapped up nearby him.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:10 am

No, Goku is the main character.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:21 am

Sprite Satan wrote:Boo's laws-of-even-Dragon Ball-physics defying internal body structure (See: Vegetto splitting inside Boo)
THAT NEVER HAPPENED I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA

But yes, Buu is simply too goddamn weird for baby's egg to work on him. Broly would get controlled just like anybody else, while Goku would be able to fight off the control because he's Goku and it's GT (see: him resisting being absorbed by Cell after Cell already powered up from absorbing him).

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:58 am

Bebi can still do so or not at all. After all, he was the Tsufuru-jin parasite and survivor after the Saiyans cleansed Plant wiping the Tsufuru-jins out when they arrived from the Planet Saiyan which the Original Super Saiyan tossed them off the planet.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 am

So the answer is:
Logically and based on in-universe rules, Baby should be able to control them both just like anyone else.
But, there is precedent in GT for Goku defying logic by being Goku (See getting absorbed by Cell), so in actuality it probably wouldn't work on Goku. :mad:

One could argue that Cell's absorbtion failed for other reasons (Him being perfect, dead, or whatever), or that Gou could pull a Vegetto and barier himself from absorbtion... but... I'm just going with it being Toei going "ZOMG GOKU! x_x". :cry:
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:34 am

I know it seems silly but, couldn't it be that Goku was too strong for Cell to fully consume? Remember Cell only absorbed 17 and 18 in that fashion and they both were considerably weaker than him.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun May 02, 2010 7:23 am

That shouldn't even happen in the first place because Cell absorbing anyone else, or even stretching his tail after reaching his perfect form makes absolutely no sense. Cell was made to absorb #18 and #17, no one else, all he could do before reaching perfect form was suck life energy out of living beings, but he could only absorb #18 and #17.

This is why I rage every time I see people discussing "what would happen if he absorb #18 first"; answer: the same; "what would happen if he absorbed #16"; answer: he couldn't, like he showed by trying to suck his life force; "what would happen if he absorbed #8/#13/#14/your mom"; answer: *face palm*; "Lol Cell tried to absorb Goku in GT"; answer: FFFFFFFFFFFFFF; "Lol Cellin"; answer: *aneurism*.

In sum, I'm sure the only being he couldn't affect is Buu because his whole body doesn't really obey normal universal rules.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun May 02, 2010 3:13 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:I know it seems silly but, couldn't it be that Goku was too strong for Cell to fully consume? Remember Cell only absorbed 17 and 18 in that fashion and they both were considerably weaker than him.
Which, well, is so incredibly annoying that it shouldn't have happened in the first place. And I get the impression that that is what the writers were going for. T.T
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun May 02, 2010 8:09 pm

Buu can control every aspect of what goes on inside of himself (unless a barrier using, potara fused SSJ enters his body), so it was easy to keep the egg from controlling him.
[/theory]

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon May 03, 2010 7:55 am

Zephyr wrote:Buu can control every aspect of what goes on inside of himself (unless a barrier using, potara fused SSJ enters his body), so it was easy to keep the egg from controlling him.
[/theory]
Yeah, basically my thought. Also that Buu is magical, and the eggs are biological.
But that Mr. Satan is hiding in Buu right beside the egg shows that Buu can keep things in there doing their own thing.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Wed May 19, 2010 8:49 am

DNA wrote:This is why I rage every time I see people discussing "what would happen if he absorb #18 first"; answer: the same;
Not necessarily, I mean when he absorbs them both, his perfect form would obviously be the same, but how do we know that a second stage brought about by #18 wouldn't somehow be different than the one from when he absorbed #17?

Of course, such speculation is purely academic as there's almost zero chance of there being any official word either way.

As for Baby's eggs... Yeah, they control anything, Buu is a magical freak of nature who defies all forms of logic.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed May 19, 2010 9:30 am

If his perfect form would be the same, why wouldn`t his semi-perfect form be the same? :|

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed May 19, 2010 2:30 pm

rereboy wrote:If his perfect form would be the same, why wouldn`t his semi-perfect form be the same? :|
Precisely my point.