Kai Episode 69 (22 August 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Kai Episode 69 (22 August 2010)

Post by Ahiru77 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:30 pm

- I loved the choir-thing during the Z-fighters sensing Ki scene. Very cool.

- When Cell was being blasted, he goes "weeeeehhhhhhhh''. What the heck, man. :lol:

- And the score they played during Piccolo and Cell's battle sounded pretty neat, but too "build-up''-like. They can try to go loose once in a while, you know, to keep you awake.

ayim

Post by ayim » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:24 pm

This episode was so awesome I'm going to watch it again. Two bad ass voice actors exchanging and I love cells voice I can't wait to hear how/if he changes it in the next form, how many episodes do you guys reckon till he gets his next form?

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:55 am

Has anyone made a recent video of all the eye catchers? I have no way to watch Kai so I feel like I'm missing out, and the Nicktoons airing doesn't show them and it will be years before the Kai US release will catch up to where the show is in Japan.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:26 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Has anyone made a recent video of all the eye catchers? I have no way to watch Kai so I feel like I'm missing out, and the Nicktoons airing doesn't show them and it will be years before the Kai US release will catch up to where the show is in Japan.
No videos, but there's plenty of screen shots on Kanzentai. You don't really need to watch all of them... Just watch one of the eyecatches on YouTube, since they're all exactly the same, and then replace the last images with those listed on the site.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Wow those are getting pretty good starting with SS Goku. Only odd thing that popped out at me was that Goku has been in bed 3 times, twice in a row with Piccolo.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:44 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Wow those are getting pretty good starting with SS Goku.
They're all really not too bad, although there are a couple that are drawn sort of funky. They really seem to have problems drawing Krillin and Chaozu these days, and sometimes Yamcha and Piccolo don't look all that great.
LeprikanGT wrote:Only odd thing that popped out at me was that Goku has been in bed 3 times, twice in a row with Piccolo.
Yeah, the last couple of episodes have really started to recycle things. It's kind of annoying... but not as annoying as having so many eyecatches in general.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:33 pm

I wouldn't mind a new eye catcher every episode; since thats the only truly new animation going on.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:17 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:I wouldn't mind a new eye catcher every episode; since thats the only truly new animation going on.
It's not even animation, but screen shots.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:35 pm

They cut Tenshinhan and Chaozu reaction to Cell power, didn't they?

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:08 am

sangofe wrote:
LeprikanGT wrote:I wouldn't mind a new eye catcher every episode; since thats the only truly new animation going on.
It's not even animation, but screen shots.
Then it would be even easier for them to do, and stop slacking with these doubles and triples.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:50 am

MR.Mark wrote:
Son Wukong wrote:Cell sounded like a generic villain this time, although I would bet that it was on purpose.
Especially since Cell, Particularly in his perfect form, is a generic villain, IMO.
I don't really see anything generic about Cell in any form. He wasn't, "I'm gonna take over the Earth, and enslave everyone to do whatever I say...". What I find most interesting is that he achieved his initial goal and eventually found a greater a purpose.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:53 pm

Cell was one of the most generic and bland villains in Dragon Ball.

He was "a Saiyan with Piccolo's regeneration," and every battle he participated in was sadly plagued with nothing but the worst DB stereotypes.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:05 pm

What about the topic, uh? :P
Senzu_Bean wrote:They cut Tenshinhan and Chaozu reaction to Cell power, didn't they?

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Savage68 wrote:Cell was one of the most generic and bland villains in Dragon Ball.

He was "a Saiyan with Piccolo's regeneration," and every battle he participated in was sadly plagued with nothing but the worst DB stereotypes.
He was a Saiyan with Piccolo's regeneration with Freeza's cells. ;)
Goku vs. Cell was probably one of the best fights in the entirety of Z, anime wise at least. Gotta love filler.
Concept wise his character was unique. Goal wise he was unique, maybe his last one was a bit over the top, but it was a lot less generic than Piccolo Daimao's.

@monkeydlogan below
I don't see how he is either. He's pretty much a fusion of Freeza, Vegeta, Goku, Piccolo. His Imperfect form is really different than anything else. His semi form is pretty, well it's short lived. But the narcissism is clear.
He's extremely single minded on becoming complete and doesn't care about creating collateral damage either. He's creepy, sadistic and overall something you'd see in a horror film. Perfect Cell is quite a bit different, with his character, motives, just about everything. He was focused on finding someone who could thrill him by matching him in power and speed. A worthy opponent for his supreme stature if you will. Eventually he comes to the realization that he's not the strongest in the universe and basically plans to kill himself, along with everyone else. However it's when he comes back that he realizes he has an entirely new goal, and a new perspective on life to match. Then there's that backseat joy he gets from spreading fear, though it's highly exaggerated by Trunks. He's not like Buu or Freeza personality wise, he didn't really set out to kill anybody in his Perfect form. Though I would imagine while the Earth was shaking from their battles in the Cell Games, people did die.
Last edited by Perfect on Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Cell's charm (as far as his personality goes) is all Wakamoto's performance. I know Kunzait describes Cell as the 'anti-thesis' of the martial arts film hero (gaining power by use of others) and had Toriyama cared he probably could have done something more with that.

Anyhow, I wonder how Wakamoto will do in #70...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

monkeydlogan

Post by monkeydlogan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:00 pm

I've heard this a lot, Cell is a generic villain. Can someone explain it more? I don't really see how Cell's a generic villain. Unless yall mean his motives.
MONEY, POWER, WOMEN

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:20 pm

I LOVE Cell but maybe because it's because he just wanted to beat Goku and be the strongest. Best villian = Frieza.

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Perfect wrote:He was a Saiyan with Piccolo's regeneration with Freeza's cells.
Freeza's cells had no discernible or significant bearing on his personality. He had a Saiyan's attitude, and he could regenerate, like Piccolo. That was all there was to him, besides the whole "every bad DB stereotype rolled into one" thing. Every villain besides Cell brought something unique to the table. Imperfect Cell was somewhat unique, but problem was - that charm wore off by the time he became perfect. Cell only became...stronger. His concept was pretty played-out after #17 and #18 were absorbed.

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Savage68 wrote:
Perfect wrote:He was a Saiyan with Piccolo's regeneration with Freeza's cells.
Freeza's cells had no discernible or significant bearing on his personality. He had a Saiyan's attitude, and he could regenerate, like Piccolo. That was all there was to him, besides the whole "every bad DB stereotype rolled into one" thing. Every villain besides Cell brought something unique to the table. Imperfect Cell was somewhat unique, but problem was - that charm wore off by the time he became perfect. Cell only became...stronger. His concept was pretty played-out after #17 and #18 were absorbed.
I believe Cell credits Piccolo, Vegeta and Freeza for being single minded. So yes, Freeza's cells did play a part. He also credits them once more in the filler where he trains in space. His attitude was more Saiyan like when he became enraged, though his intelligence was still above the average Saiyan. He was still able to manipulate Vegeta when he was getting thrashed around like a used chew toy. It's most likely that when he becomes angry, his Saiyan cells become dominant, rather than recessive.
As you can see with his dialogue between Goku before and at the start of the Cell Games, he's more calm and relaxed, unlike Vegeta and Trunks. That's most likely due to Goku's cells (ironically). He's also prejudice against feeble creatures, such as Krillin. He questions why such creatures are allowed to exist all, but says that it'll soon be corrected. There's a lot more to him that you're giving him credit for.

Savage68

Post by Savage68 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Not really; It just seems like you're over-analyzing his actions and making unfounded conclusions based on them.

Honestly, I've never heard anyone assert any of those "redeeming qualities" about Cell until just now. :|