What do you want?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

What do you want?

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu May 05, 2011 7:13 pm

As a fan of the series, at this point in time what do you want from the franchise (within reason)?

We currently have the entire series available for home viewing. I haven't been following the english Dragon Box releases, so I'm not sure if the Z portion has completed it's release. But we do have the Blue, Orange, and Green brick releases available for cheap. The Dragon Ball four pack (if someone could let me know if the other three movies recieved a redub), Z steelbook Double Feature, and GT special. What more could we want from home video releases?

I wouldn't mind a full collection of the television series and movies and specials in one package. Although, I don't think it could be priced affordably. Would $200 be asking too much for it? I think smaller bites would be better that a big gulp. And, I'm actually satisfied with just owning the bricks. And probably won't upgrade to the Dragon Boxes until for a couple of years.

I also don't follow the manga release, but hadn't the series already recieve a full release? Is the Viz Big release close to completion?

We get a PlayStation/Xbox video game release every year. With a decent DS game every so often. I would assume this will contnue with the 3DS. I guess there's always room to improve the quality of the titles. I know I'll probably never get my Street Fighter-like fighting game, I do have hope for a decent motion control game (There was a game featured on the NXE with special powers and whatnot that of developed properly could easily have a Dragonball game made like it).

Team Four Star has been doing a wonderful job with Abridged Parody. The only improvement I can think of is if FUNi or Toei named them the official unofficial english dub or some sort of acknowledgement.

As far as remakes go, I not sure how to clissify Kai. Was it one of those "To test the waters" kind of experiments to see where the fanbase was? Many older series get remakes and reboots (currently watching FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Netflix), I would love to see an actual remake of the series, but would hate to be on the internet discussing it leading up to the release.

I would like a new live-action movie. I personally think that the only reason Evolution existed was because the rights were expiring. If we do get another chance, it's going to come out of Japan, unless some super fan has the cash and influence to give it another go.

So, what else do you want from the franchise? If I missed any areas, feel free to let me know.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Re: What do you want?

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:22 pm

As a fan of the series, at this point in time what do you want from the franchise (within reason)?

We currently have the entire series available for home viewing. I haven't been following the english Dragon Box releases, so I'm not sure if the Z portion has completed it's release. But we do have the Blue, Orange, and Green brick releases available for cheap. The Dragon Ball four pack (if someone could let me know if the other three movies recieved a redub), Z steelbook Double Feature, and GT special. What more could we want from home video releases?
There's still more 2 Dragon Boxes and possibly a movie one.
I wouldn't mind a full collection of the television series and movies and specials in one package. Although, I don't think it could be priced affordably. Would $200 be asking too much for it? I think smaller bites would be better that a big gulp. And, I'm actually satisfied with just owning the bricks. And probably won't upgrade to the Dragon Boxes until for a couple of years.
You could probably get all of Dragon Ball for $200, definitely not the wholl series.
I also don't follow the manga release, but hadn't the series already recieve a full release? Is the Viz Big release close to completion?
The VizBigs have finished their run.
Team Four Star has been doing a wonderful job with Abridged Parody. The only improvement I can think of is if FUNi or Toei named them the official unofficial english dub or some sort of acknowledgement.
They are pretty good voices, I don't think that would ever happen though.
So, what else do you want from the franchise? If I missed any areas, feel free to let me know.
I want all of the Dragon Boxes, all of the manga, and Dragon Boxes for DB and DBGT. Maybe a few figures or something, that's about it.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Thu May 05, 2011 7:24 pm

The Viz Big release is complete. However, the Viz Bigs are censored and not all of the chapters which were in colour are in colour in the Viz Big release. I would like an uncut release of the Kanzenban with a new translation.
That is the biggest thing I would like though I doubt it will happen.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:49 pm

All I ask of FUNimation is for a Dragon Ball Dragon Box.

And all I ask of Viz is for a re-translation of the comic in a kanzenban or perfect edition.

With these two things, I would be a truly happy fan. :) Too bad the second one will probably never happen, and the first part is also somewhat unlikely. But then again, so was getting the Dragon Box Z. :O
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Thu May 05, 2011 10:01 pm

You missed figures. Stuff like HQDX SSJ3 Goku (apart form Max Muscle Mania and Master Star Piece SSJ3 Goku prototype), HQDX Perfect Cell, HQDX Androids (all numbers, regardless of Pichi Pichi 18), HQDX SSJ4 Goku, HQDX Future Trunks in Saiyan Armor, and Ascendant Saiyan mode etc etc, special figures like these that haven't been produced on the DX scale apart form seperate series and vinyl releases. Hell the continuation of the HQDX line overall.

Not even just HQDX but other lines and figures I'm sure my fellow collectors would love to see created.
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Thu May 05, 2011 11:22 pm

As far as animated media goes, I want the entire run of Dragon Ball Z Kai in English with Kenji Yamamoto's score, as well as the movies re-dubbed with FUNimation's new cast where appropriate. The thought of Movie 9 with Clinkenbeard as Gohan sends chills up my spine!

As far as toys go, S.H.Figuarts for as many characters as possible would be incredible. I want a Dragon Ball Z line that can act as a companion set to the likes of Marvel Legends/Select and DC Universe/Direct. Definitely a huge pipe dream on my part...
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu May 05, 2011 11:30 pm

My immediate and realistic desires are:

- A DBZ Movies Dragon Box from FUNi
- A GT Dragon Box from FUNi
- Ultimate Butoden in English
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 05, 2011 11:35 pm

A U.S. and European release of Ultimate Butoden some time this year.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Fri May 06, 2011 12:01 am

I want FUNimation to redub all of DB in the way they are doing Kai, then air it someplace major but don't have to censor it, perhaps Nick @ Nite or Adult Swim.
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Fri May 06, 2011 12:09 am

The one thing I want badly is an official DVD release of the Ocean Group Dub episodes 108-276.

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Fri May 06, 2011 12:25 am

What I really want is:

Dragon Box Movies
Funimation to release the Ocean Dub because so many of us want it

I also want TOEI or Toriyama to make more movies or another series.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:27 am

metamoss wrote:I want FUNimation to redub all of DB in the way they are doing Kai, then air it someplace major but don't have to censor it, perhaps Nick @ Nite or Adult Swim.
That would be pretty amazing. I can't stand the old dub thanks to Gokuh and Bulma. Everything else about is it A-okay, but those two...and the script for episodes 1~13...make what would be a decent dub into something I can't watch. :/

Unfortunately, I think it's far more likely that we'd just get a Dragon Box for Dragon Ball instead. At least that way the Japanese version would be available in excellent quality. :D
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

SolarBlade52
Beyond Newbie

Post by SolarBlade52 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:55 am

I would like to have a 100% complete BGM collection by Shunsuke Kikuchi from Both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. After several BGM releases of the scores, it's not enough to be complete. Dragon Ball is missing 3/4ths of the music and Z is missing 1/3rd. A man can dream though.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri May 06, 2011 4:28 am

I wish that all guides to be translated into english.

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Fri May 06, 2011 4:48 am

I want them to put the Cooler steelbook back in production. Other than that, I'd love a Dragon Ball and a GT Dragon Box in English, along with the rest of the Daizenshuu in English, also I guess I want the "Perfect" edition of the Manga in English, I mean come on it's in French, but not English. The specials like the ones in the Japanese Dragon Boxes and the TV specials and the Jump Tour DVD special to all get an English release, since a fan is a fan, the Japanese shouldn't get all those specials without us getting them too and we've waited long enough for the ones in the Japanese Dragon Boxes.

I'd also love Banpresto to start exporting the figures they make, so I don't have to sell my organs to pay for figures.

Then there is also Dragon Ball kai, I'd love to actually see it on TV in the UK, I don't care wether Ocean Dub it or if we just get Funi's version, I just want one on the TV.

Lastly, which will never happen I'd like Toryiama to have some financial difficulties that force him to go back to the Dragon Ball universe and make a whole new awesome series that gets a Manga and Anime version, or at least make a load of new specials, I'd be happy with one a year even. :) Oh and for good measure finish off Dragon Ball Kai, not that I'm that bothered about it, but since it's missing the Buu saga, it's not like it was abandoned early on and it gave Dragon Ball a boost, with some new figure lines.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Fri May 06, 2011 8:40 am

-FUNimation to release all of the Dragon Boxes
-Jump Tour Special English Release
-UK Broadcast of Kai (FUNi or Ocean)
-UK DVD Release
-All guide books released in English

If FUNimation release a GT or Movies Box, I hope they're released as one box, not split up.

Arique
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arique » Fri May 06, 2011 9:35 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:All I ask of FUNimation is for a Dragon Ball Dragon Box.
THIS.
Oh, and there are a few other things I really want:
-An English dub of the Jump Super Anime Tour
-A redub of DragonBall and DragonBall GT with the Kai cast
-US Release of Kai Ultimate Butoden
-US Release of Zenkai Battle Royale
Forum quote of the moment:
Castor Troy wrote:You're all doing it wrong.

DBZ bootlegs have the movie 9 cover with the pioneer movie 2 description on the back and the disc actually has a Japanese soap opera in MEPG2. :roll:

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri May 06, 2011 1:34 pm

US DB, Movies, GT Dboxes and the Jump Special.

I want them alllll.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Fri May 06, 2011 2:24 pm

-A german DVD release that I can afford.
-A decent Kazeban release in my country
-now that I think about to many things to list ,but most of them involve me being able to afford something
-凯

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Fri May 06, 2011 7:07 pm

-FUNimation Dragon Ball, GT and Movies Dragon Box sets
-Episodes 108/123-276/291 of the Ocean Dub released to DVD

but for something that would probably never happen: The entire Dragon Ball (DB, Z, GT and the Movies) series retransferred and restored to HD (without all the filters Kai had), using the original negatives and Master Audio Tapes for Blu-Ray.