Hyper Anime DragonBall?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Hyper Anime DragonBall?

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:03 pm

What is this?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Re: Hyper Anime DragonBall?

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:10 pm

And what exactly is "this" that you're referring to? A quick Google search isn't turning anything up.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:43 pm

I saw it in Kanzentai's Dragon Box Z Vol. 1 page, listed in it's Bonus Features. Here: http://kanzentai.com/dvd.php?id=dbox_z1 And do you think that I didn't google it? But all I got is youtube videos, brought down by Funimation...
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:47 pm

It was a short clip showing Gohan fight Cell in some weird 3d landscape IIRC. I think Goku was also present in some way or another.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Can I find it anywhere?

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:07 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I saw it in Kanzentai's Dragon Box Z Vol. 1 page, listed in it's Bonus Features. Here: http://kanzentai.com/dvd.php?id=dbox_z1 And do you think that I didn't google it? But all I got is youtube videos, brought down by Funimation...
Well having that in the original post would've helped.... And I mentioned Google since that was all I had to go on the title of thread since that was the most info you gave.

Anyway,
dbgtFO wrote:It was a short clip showing Gohan fight Cell in some weird 3d landscape IIRC. I think Goku was also present in some way or another.
If it's that CG video with Goku and Cell, then it's this.
Correct?
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Can I find it anywhere?
I guess, but you're gonna have look through more than just Youtube, apparently.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:13 pm

@DBZGTKOSDH
On Japanese DBox Z Vol. 1 obviously :P .
If it wasn't for the fact that it was taken down, then I'd say youtube, since that's where I saw it, but with that option out of the window, I don't know where to find it other than getting that DBox.
AgitoZ wrote: Anyway,
dbgtFO wrote:It was a short clip showing Gohan fight Cell in some weird 3d landscape IIRC. I think Goku was also present in some way or another.
If it's that CG video with Goku and Cell, then it's this.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll24 ... sback1.jpg
Correct?
No, I'm sure it wasn't that. As I recall it Goku, Gohan and Cell were animated like in an episode, but the landscape was 3d.
Either way I don't think it was a commercial/trailer for a video game.
I'm waiting to see, if others have more info on it.

EDIT:
So I did a google search of "hyper anime dragon ball" and this turned up as the second result:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXSkOle8IXQ

Youtube had it anyways!

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:42 pm

That was the most confusing Dragon Ball related thing I've ever seen. It felt like a bad acid trip.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Wow, that was... odd... Anyway, thanks!

dr_raichi

Post by dr_raichi » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Some sequences of Hyper Anime (or vice versa) was used to make the commercial of DBZ Super Butoden 2 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJPkTp_5UQM

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:17 pm

what the fuck

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:18 pm

I could swear parts of that looked more like dancing than fighting. :lol:

Also, wow does that CGI really date itself. More so than the 2D animated parts I think.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:25 am

I...uh....uhhhhhh...

What the hell was that :/ ? its still a lot better and more accurate than Evolution,yes I went there
-凯

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:40 am

Folks, one-line "WTF" responses aren't worth posting. Please try to add some legitimate conversation, questions, etc. to your posts.

It's great that you find it wacky, but barely posting just to say that isn't really contributing anything.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Wow. That is pretty amazing.

This was on the Dragon boxes? Which one?

I also think its pretty cool how they took some clips from the show and that they put in those dance parts.
Horgus wrote:NSSJ2O... Nitrogen Sulfur Shounen Jump Dioxide? :?
digireign wrote:I vote to call it "Super Cyan."
-zach

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:18 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Folks, one-line "WTF" responses aren't worth posting. Please try to add some legitimate conversation, questions, etc. to your posts.

It's great that you find it wacky, but barely posting just to say that isn't really contributing anything.
Alright bro, in your opinion maybe, but don't go around pushing it on others since that could offend people and we don't want that. I personally think it establishes that indeed I have no understanding of the context of the subject beyond the spirit of its conception, therefore I express this through my legitimate lack of words dealing with the subject, thus adding to the conversation by establishing my role in its understanding.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Nex Carnifex wrote:Alright bro, in your opinion maybe, but don't go around pushing it on others since that could offend people and we don't want that. I personally think it establishes that indeed I have no understanding of the context of the subject beyond the spirit of its conception, therefore I express this through my legitimate lack of words dealing with the subject, thus adding to the conversation by establishing my role in its understanding.
Well, since I and the rest of the moderation/administration team kinda run the place, and since you kinda agreed to the community's rules before you even registered.... I'd say, yeah, we have a pretty good reason to "push" our conversation requirements on you.

You started off in this community with a semi-rude e-mail about your account activation, you've had plenty of needlessly-sarcastic / butting-head incidents with other members, you've had at least one or two warnings against your account, and you don't seem to want to play nice at all. Perhaps you might want to take a step back, accept your warnings with humility, and contribute something more akin to what the rest of your peers are doing?

This is your last free warning -- against my better judgement, I'm willing to at least offer you that.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Wow! I thought that was really cool! I wish that extras like that were in our domestic Dragon Boxes. BTW does anyone know the song that starts playing at 1:38? I like it!
Nex Carnifex wrote:I personally think it establishes that indeed I have no understanding of the context of the subject beyond the spirit of its conception...
Then you shouldn't be posting. You should be researching or asking questions about the subject that contribute to others. Expressing your lack of knowledge via a useless "WTF" post is not very helpful to the wealth of people that read these threads, and defending posts like these with exaggerated prolific language for no reason does not make you sound smart in the least.

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:56 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:Wow! I thought that was really cool! I wish that extras like that were in our domestic Dragon Boxes. BTW does anyone know the song that starts playing at 1:38? I like it!
Nex Carnifex wrote:I personally think it establishes that indeed I have no understanding of the context of the subject beyond the spirit of its conception...
Then you shouldn't be posting. You should be researching or asking questions about the subject that contribute to others. Expressing your lack of knowledge via a useless "WTF" post is not very helpful to the wealth of people that read these threads, and defending posts like these with exaggerated prolific language for no reason does not make you sound smart in the least.
Sorry I didn't realize how seriously you guys took yourselves, I'll back down. Maybe I thought it would be the slightest bit humorous that I express my disbelief in the nature of the titular product in such a blunt fashion but clearly this was not the case, my greatest apologies.

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Um. Wow. That was the most 90s thing I've seen in a long time. Geez.

0_0;

Err... Does anyone happen to know what purpose this originally served? Kanzentai refers to it as a "promotional video", but for what? The series as a whole? One of the video games?
[quote="Kunzait_83, on FUNimation's dub of [i]Dragon Ball Z[/i]"]"ACTION!!! EXTREME!!! AMERICAN!!!! PUNCHES TO THE HEAD!!! FUCK YEAH!!!"[/quote]
On [url=http://twitter.com/joey_blanton]my Twitter[/url], postin' some mad tweets.