Is there anyone here who hasn't seen the whole series?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Is there anyone here who hasn't seen the whole series?

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:46 pm

I've been into the Dragon Ball franchise for about 11 years (5 of them as a casual fan) and yet I have still only seen about 2/3 of the series. Is there anyone else on this forum who hasn't seen all 508 episodes of the series or am I just weird?

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Is there anyone here who hasn't seen the whole series?

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 pm

I haven't seen all of the original Dragonball :( I'm hoping the Dragon-box comes out that way I can solve that problem :) But as far as Z,GT, and all the movies, specials, & the rarities. I've seen and got them all
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 pm

I've seen most of the original DB dubbed, and up to 31 + the Red Ribbon Army saga subbed, Dragon Ball Z up until the Majin Vegeta fight subbed (still watching) and the first 16 episodes of GT subbed. And scattered movies.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:57 pm

I've seen it several times in English and once or twice in Japanese. I've never seen GT in its entirety and I don't plan to do so, ever.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 pm

I haven't seen all of the buu saga, I missed a good chunk of that. I haven't read the entire manga and I've only seen probably four or five of the movies. The only thing I've seen in its entirety is GT, although every time I finish watching it I immediately forget a good portion of the series. I'm not bashing GT here, I really do forget most of it sometimes.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Up until recently I hadn't seen any of the 4 Dragon Ball-era movies, which I rectified earlier this month.

Aside from that, I don't think I've ever made it to the end of DBZ movie 13. Waiting until Breaking Bad season 3 goes back down in price to make it worth the shipping cost of importing the final two movie packs.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Android 50
Beyond Newbie

Post by Android 50 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:43 pm

For the longest I didn't see the 23rd Tenkachi Budokai arc in its entirety until last year (sad I know). I also STILL have not seen the second and third Dragon Ball movies. I've only seen Blood Rubies and Path of Power.
Maron is stacked!!

Turtle bits

Post by Turtle bits » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:06 pm

I've seen every episode, even GT, and now the ”legacy movie”. But after all this time, still havent seen every movie, none of the DB ones either, I hope to rectify that some time too. Oh...never seen the bardock or trunks specials either...sad eh?

Oh, and I've seen then new special on youtube, and I'm really hoping they release a dub for the new bardock one. Or maybe i'll get fed up and watch it already, its tempting...

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:24 pm

I hadn't seen all of Z until 2010 with the first two US Dragon Boxes, and I hadn't seen it all uncut until I got the fifth Dragon Box last year. I didn't finish all the Z movies until the last couple years, either.

As for what I haven't seen at all:
-I keep putting off watching GT 61-64.
-I have no idea when I'll see Kai 98.
-I still haven't seen any version of "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans."
-I guess I won't see the Episode of Bardock anime until after my DVD gets here.

Also, here's a dirty secret: I have lots of guidebooks, but I haven't properly read through most of them.
-Rachel

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 pm

There are bits and pieces of both DB and DBZ that I haven't seen--I missed part of the Piccolo Daimao arc and I think I still haven't seen certain episodes of the Cell Games and the Buu arc (I first saw these in the early 2000s when I got tired of waiting for new TV episodes and started downloading American TV rips and fansubs, so there were quite a few holes in my viewing experience.)
I've never had the patience to get through GT, so I've only seen a couple episodes here and there.
As for the movies, I've never seen DB movie 3 and DBZ movie 11. I'm not too bothered.
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!

medama_oyaji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by medama_oyaji » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Okay, I can kind of split it up into Japanese and English...

Manga

I've read it all in Japanese (I'm not fluent, but it's not too hard to get thru with the aid of a dictionary and what I was learning in my Jse classes at the time) and in English, buying the Viz releases later.

Anime

DB - I saw most of it in English as they aired on television, and then all of it in Japanese w/subtitles later on DVD.

DBZ - I saw most (if not all) of it in English as it aired on TV, and most of it from Freeza onwards in Japanese via fansubs and then later rewatched some thru official releases. I've still never really seen the Saiyan arc in Japanese!

DBGT - Never made my way all the way through it. Don't think I've ever seen it in English, maybe and episode or two out of curiosity. And I watched up until Majuub shows up in Japanese w/subtitles, I think that's like 25 episodes or so? Looking forward to breaking past that with the podcast! :P

Movies - Saw all the DBZ movies (1-13) and the 10th Anniversary Movie via fansubs, and then a couple of them on DVD later (in Japanese w/subtitles). I've seen the Trunks and Bardock special in Japanese w/subtitles but not the DBGT special or any of that video game stuff. And I just finally watched the other 3 DB movies (in Japanese w/subtitles) last year! And I've seen the recent Jump specials.

I'm personally more of a manga fan, so that's what I'm most completest about, owning the entire series in Japanese and in English. When I was in High School it was "DBZ DBZ DBZ!" but as time goes on, I've become a bigger fan of the first "Dragon Ball" part of the series which is why I've only bothered to purchase the DB DVDs for myself. However, I would like to go back and see the Saiyan arc in Japanese some day....

sanorin
Beyond Newbie

Post by sanorin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:40 pm

I have been a fan since 1991 or 92 when DB started in Spain. Since then I have read all the manga and watched all DB, DBZ, movies, specials and about half of DBGT. I just couldn't. Maybe one day I will give it another chance, now that it's being discussed in the podcast.

19Nyoi-bō95

Post by 19Nyoi-bō95 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Never seen GT but i'm watching it on nicktoons.
LOVER OF DUBS AND SUBS!!!!

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:52 pm

I think I have seen everything (manga, anime, movies, GT) except for the fillers after the 23rd Budokai.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:31 am

I haven't seen DB movie 2 and only the first English version of "Curse of the Blood Rubies". I haven't gotten around to watching the Trunks special yet. And there were a few eps from the Cell saga/Cell games I haven't watched, despite owning them on dvd. Never really cared for GT so didn't watch much of it. Many of the episodes I haven't seen in Japanese as had on vhs or watched only on Cartoon Network and haven't gotten around to watching them. I admit I haven't watched many of my dvds due to having seen on CN years ago, or just haven't had time. Currently I'm watching through Vehicle Voltron with plans to watch "Fleet of Doom" and Go-Lion after it. And I still have Kaleido Star, Angelic Layer, Nadesico, Hare + Guu, Abenobashi, Aquarion, Star Blazers, and various other series I need to watch but I haven't yet.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:02 am

I've seen every episode put out and movies. I just haven't read the manga. :(

Krakabeast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Krakabeast » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:47 am

The Tori-bot wrote:Aside from that, I don't think I've ever made it to the end of DBZ movie 13.
Movie 13, in my eyes, is like a sneak preview of GT. "Hey, nothing is going to make sense, but at least the animation looks good." Granted, it's just another movie, so not much will line up correctly with the canon universe, but still. I'll never understand why many fans like it, other than the fact that the villain is Godzilla-sized, ah and Tapion is an interesting guy. Overall, the movie makes me drift off, just like GT. Mini-rant complete.

On Topic: Have seen 97%(number pulled straight from my bum) of it, from the actual series, movies, OVA, specials(wish I never watched EoB), to some old Japanese ads. Oh, I've only watched a few episodes of Kai. Does Kai really count? Guess it does due to re-animated scenes.
Gohan: At least he doesn't have his sword out anymore.
Kuririn: Yeah, and your dad put his finger away too.

MechaDragon-Z

Post by MechaDragon-Z » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:23 am

The whole of DBGT.
Some parts of Dragon Ball like the Red Ribbon Army and the Fortuneteller Baba sagas.

Kiddo626
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kiddo626 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:26 am

I've seen the entirety of DBZ in Spanish (though I barely remember the Buu saga), almost all of it in English, and very little of it in Japanese. I've watched all of GT in Spanish, and I didn't even bother with it in English ever since I heard that godawful rap "song." :x I've seen maybe about the first third of Dragon Ball; I barely remember watching the first part of the Red Ribbon Army saga, but from there on, it's fuzzy.

As for the movies, I only remember watching DB movies #1 and #4; DBZ movies #1-3, #8, and #10-13; the Bardock special; the Trunks special (though I'm still not sure about this one); the Jump special (with Tarble); and PtEtSS, the new version. I've still yet to see Episode of Bardock, though with the lukewarm reviews I've read here, I'm not sure whether I should or not. :?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:34 am

I haven't seen the Wedding Dress arc of the original DB and about 90% of GT simply because they're so underwhelming.