What do you like / would like to see?

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

What do you like / would like to see?

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:33 pm

Just looking for some general feedback, really.

What about the site / sections of the site do you like the most? What do you find useful? What do you not find so useful? What would you like to see? What needs further emphasis? What needs less emphasis?

Keep in mind all of the current sections, in-progress sections, and future-planned sections. All is fair game. I just really like knowing what people have to say about our content ^^.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:21 pm

Alternate music video files! A lot of us are still on 56k, and just can't download 50 meg files, like so many of the AMV creators seem to think. If the site could just encode each of the large files into a smaller .rm file with Real Producer and put that up along with the higher quality one, it would be very appreciated. The MV may lose some quality, but .rm really isn't as bad as some think.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:09 pm

I love you're music database EX! What I would really like is if Julian could continue translating more DB songs. It's just that I'm an anime lyrics-collecting fanatic, especially about DB. Well, you already know I'm a DB music junkie, and at "animelyrics.com" and the "anythinggoeslyrics" page have pretty off translations for the DB songs at times and I just know with Julian it would be so much more accurate. That's the only thing I'd like to see, I think everything else on the site is great! :D

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:06 pm

''Live and Let Die'' on Daizex!! =P (Just how many times have I mentioned this already?)

Seriously, though, there's one idea I've been stuck with ever since I heard it: Temporary music files! You could put up a rare/really good DB-related music file, and replace it on a certain routine (Say, every week/two weeks). It wouldn't drain any of your hosting, and it would be a huge pleasure for all of us visitors.

That's about the only idea I really, really want to see, though!

Master_Roshi

Post by Master_Roshi » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:34 pm

I'd really like to see more pictures, just pictures in general, not covers (although they're great/helpful).
Something like a character's evolution throughout the series or their physical transformations. For instance, pictures of little Goku "with tail", adult Goku, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3 and 4, and then little Goku (GT). And the same goes for all the others; Kuririn and Satan with and without hair, etc. Does it make any sense ? :wink:
Maybe this is a dumb idea or too much to ask.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:31 pm

Master_Roshi wrote:Something like a character's evolution throughout the series or their physical transformations. For instance, pictures of little Goku "with tail", adult Goku, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3 and 4, and then little Goku (GT). And the same goes for all the others; Kuririn and Satan with and without hair, etc. Does it make any sense ? :wink:
Maybe this is a dumb idea or too much to ask.
No no no!

I was going to do that someday, because I haven't seen it done before. EX can't have EVERYTHING!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:33 pm

This might sound crazy, but I'd like some more guides. I want to be able to brag to people that Daizex has every damn thing covered on the site.

More fun sections. Not nessessarily fansounds, although those would be good, but more like the "Other Artists Draw DB". That's the best image section I've ever seen anywhere. As the artist of Sam and Fuzzy once said, I prefer fanart where you can see the artist's actual style. And, since I've seen works of a lot of the mangaka, it makes it even better (I guess that answers your first question).

So many sections are useful to me, which is why I'm a Daizex regular...

All I really want for existing sections is... completion. I want to see a finished movie guide, dvd guide, and so on. Although... with those sections, it's not really your problem, is it?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:26 pm

Alias wrote:Alternate music video files! A lot of us are still on 56k, and just can't download 50 meg files, like so many of the AMV creators seem to think. If the site could just encode each of the large files into a smaller .rm file with Real Producer and put that up along with the higher quality one, it would be very appreciated. The MV may lose some quality, but .rm really isn't as bad as some think.
That's one thing I'm never going to compromise on. It's got nothing to do with RealMedia; in fact, the codec / container / format has nothing to do with it. Low-bitrate video just doesn't have the same effect on you when you watch it. When I encode my videos, I'm encoding them in a specific way I want people to see the video; I'd hate to have people not see it the way it was intended to be seen. You'll probably notice that most AMV creators would have a problem with their works being re-encoded, and such; this is a reason why.

If you're on a dial-up modem and are interested in getting ANY (well, a good variety, anyway...) anime music videos on CD-R, I highly suggest checking out the AMV Distribution Center. Tons of AMV creators submit CD compilations of their works. You can send in as many blank CDs as you want (up to 50 at a time, I believe), and RedWolf will copy the discs and mail them back to you (a really nice SASE system). Meri and I have two CDs (from the last two fall seasons, as well as an old one of Meri's oooold CDs) that you can request (the catalogue will show you exactly what videos are on what CDs).

RedWolf's been tossing around the idea of distro-ing DVDs soon, too... ^^
Dai wrote:'Live and Let Die'' on Daizex!! =P (Just how many times have I mentioned this already?)
And do you have ANY idea how many times I've yelled at Scott to get the damn digital version over to his PC so I can encode it? :P

It's being worked on...
Master_Roshi wrote:I'd really like to see more pictures, just pictures in general, not covers (although they're great/helpful).
Something like a character's evolution throughout the series or their physical transformations. For instance, pictures of little Goku "with tail", adult Goku, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3 and 4, and then little Goku (GT). And the same goes for all the others; Kuririn and Satan with and without hair, etc. Does it make any sense ?
This is something I was thinking about tossing over in the "Character Analysis" page of respective characters in the.... dur... "Character Guide." Not quite sure how it'll be implemented, but definitely something I'd like to add in the future (sorry Deus! :P)
Zackarotto wrote:This might sound crazy, but I'd like some more guides. I want to be able to brag to people that Daizex has every damn thing covered on the site.
I'm all for it. Any other "guides" you can suggest? There's always the video game guide / reviews section that can be done... but that's a distance-future project, as it'll require a lot more work than traditional "info"-type sections.
Zackarotto wrote:All I really want for existing sections is... completion. I want to see a finished movie guide, dvd guide, and so on. Although... with those sections, it's not really your problem, is it?
Well, I can tell you that the movie guide has five movies with complete detailed synopsis pages all written up, including images... they're just not linked, yet ^^;;. We want to get a good portion of them done before they go live (right now, I've got DBZ movies 5-9 done; maybe I'll show them off in the section previews section in the near future).

But yeah, completing sections is a good thing. I'm desperately trying to keep myself from starting new sections, because there's so many ones that are in the works, already. On the other hand, I like having a bunch of ones that aren't quite complete, because that always gives me something to go back to, work on, add to, update about, etc. Does that make any sense?

Thanks, everyone! Keep it up... enjoying this ^^
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:32 pm

More info on manga+daizenshuu for me. Mind that's what I look at on all sites. :D
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:55 pm

Makes sense. As for what sections I have in mind... video games would be one, like you said.. What exactly do you have going that isn't live yet? Characters, Transformations, Inconsistencies... Didn't you have some kind of music thing? And, was there going to be a Timeline guide? Oh, and that one Julian is doing...

You've been slowly making every section I could ever imagine. I honestly can't think of a new section, at least right now. Maybe I'll get back to you.

I understand what you're talking about, though... you don't want to have a huge clutter of sections going on, but even if you just keep little stickies saying, "eventually make this guide!" you'll be fine. I think you've got enough sections to turn to if you're tired of one.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:22 am

Is there any interest in a "Daizenshuu Guide" ? I mean, it's OBVIOUSLY been done before, and while I don't have a problem tackling some "newb"-type sections (as long as I do it better!), I also want to have something that's of use.

If I did it, I guess it would be lots of sample pages, cover scans, detailed information about what's inside... I dunno... you tell me...

*watches Naruto instead of working on site and / or Doomrider track*

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:26 am

Yeah, I think it would be neat to have some info on the Daizenshuu, and your suggestions about what you'd include sound good to me. 8)

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:02 am

VegettoEX wrote:Is there any interest in a "Daizenshuu Guide" ? I mean, it's OBVIOUSLY been done before, and while I don't have a problem tackling some "newb"-type sections (as long as I do it better!), I also want to have something that's of use.

If I did it, I guess it would be lots of sample pages, cover scans, detailed information about what's inside... I dunno... you tell me...

*watches Naruto instead of working on site and / or Doomrider track*
:shock:

Do you even need to ask?! I swear, if these updates don't come faster I'm going to petition your school to give you more time to work on your website.

As for more section ideas, I had one that I had been tossing around in my head for awhile, but you'd probably do it better. A complete listing of the technology shown in the 3 series, from the Dragon Radar, to the Dyna Caps, to all the space ships. These things tend to get over looked a lot even though they play important roles.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:59 am

Technology guide, huh? That sounds pretty interesting.

You and your Naruto... I should've followed that other group who's doing Naruto, rather than TW. And you do know that it's impossible to just switch over. I made that mistake with GetBackers.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:53 am

I would love to see a Daizenshuu Guide, especially with some good pictures. Also some more pictures in general and the covers are awesome, more of those please!! :P

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:51 pm

OK... a "Daizenshuu Guide" is definitely something I'll throw on the platter for the not-so-distant future (although the "Transformations Guide" comes first).

A "Technology Guide" would be interesting, but that's one of the few things I remember Namek doing really, really well. Sure, the site's not around anymore, but I'd still feel kinda weird walking over their dead body with one. Plus, it would be a crapload of work... ^^;;

Keep the suggestions coming... conversation good~!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:03 pm

PN did a technology guide? That's funny, I don't remember that. Maybe I'll check it out on the wayback machine later...

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:16 pm

I don't quite remember PN having a Tech Guide, I do recall that they did have an Encyclopedia that listed vehicles and devices (some with pictures). I guess it sort of was a big Encyclopedia/Tech Guide... :o

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:22 pm

Yeah, maybe that's what I'm thinking of... it was pretty huge. Honestly, though, I can't say I browsed through much of their content, later in their internet-life.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:13 pm

hmm actually I got nothing, the DVD guide is excellent, stuff like that is REALLY helpful.

Maybe you can sort out the timelines thread and come up with something for a section - perhaps something along the lines of most common misconceptions/questions - sort of like a FAQ but its moire of a guide to how certain things work - timelines is one of these issues, the Buu transformations is another, and I'm sure theres more commonly confusing areas out there that could at least be a part of the FAQ
-Laserkid