Who voiced Tenshinhan in the Blue Water dub?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

andrewtuell1991
Beyond Newbie

Who voiced Tenshinhan in the Blue Water dub?

Post by andrewtuell1991 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:51 am

Brendan Hunter or Jonathan Love? Because I've seen both be listed on various sites.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Re: Who voiced Tenshinhan in the Blue Water dub?

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:20 pm

andrewtuell1991 wrote:Brendan Hunter or Jonathan Love? Because I've seen both be listed on various sites.
It's both actually. Now I'm not sure when each actor started though.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

RazorX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RazorX » Sat May 12, 2012 5:30 pm

andrewtuell1991 wrote:Brendan Hunter or Jonathan Love? Because I've seen both be listed on various sites.
The voice for Tien in the Blue Water dub of Dragon Ball was the same from start to finish (of Dragon Ball) and I'm fairly certain it was Brendan Hunter.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat May 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Both are listed at the voice compare database. It even has samples. Sometimes I love this website.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

RazorX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RazorX » Sun May 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Interesting, when I watched Dragon Ball, I did not remember Tien having different voices. I'll go back and check this but at the moment I'm not convinced that Blue Water had 2 different voice actors play Tien but if they did, they sound very similar.

After checking voice samples of both actors it seems Brendan Hunter is more likely the voice of Tien. Jonathan Love has a "softer" voice and his Shu (he voiced Shu in Dragon Ball) seems to get in a little bit in his other voices.

Also the admin of that website said he's not sure if the Blue Water clips are of their respective actors.