Fan Confessions?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Fan Confessions?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:16 am

-I never liked Future Trunks that much. To me, he was just a typical angsty bishonen.

-I actually semi-liked Great Saiyaman. It was ridiculous no doubt but it always makes me feel warm inside.

-I don't think Gohan should have stayed voiced by Masako Nozawa for his teen and adult years like Goku since Gohan isn't a 'child by heart'. Heck even as a kid, Gohan generally acted more like an adult than Goku does.

-I was generally happy to watch Kid Buu kill all the Kais for some reason (it might be because my extreme dislike for Kaioshin).

-I am in love with Chi-Chi's first Japanese voice (the one voiced by Mayumi Shō) and wished she had never left. Naoko Watanabe is good too but she pales in comparison.

-I actually prefer Adult Chi-Chi over Kid Chi-Chi. Some people say Adult Chi-Chi makes women look bad but her kid-self was a timid crybaby with a loli-fetish outfit and was one-shotted by YAMCHA (of all people). I don't see why people want her to stay like that. Teen Chi-Chi is mad tight though.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fan Confessions?

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:24 am

-I think Broly is awesome. I like how he is like DBZ's Hulk. I like him even though he is stupid and repetitive at times, but dbz is also like that sometimes. His movie endings were P.I.S. I also would like to add i'm not a fanboy of him and don't say stupid things like he is the strongest and could beat everyone.

- I agree with DBZAOTA482 that Boo saga Gohan should of had a different voice. They sound too similar to me. Sometimes they differ but during the fighting he sounds too much like Goku.

- I also add that Bardock might be better off with someone else voicing him. It's probably because I have a problem with characters that sound the same as others. It annoys me because it feels cheap, and it makes me get sick of the voice of the characters a lot faster. Everything else she does is perfect cell.

-I don't understand why anyone can think Vegeta is badass. He has his moments, but most of the time he whines and complains about Kakarotto. That hardly is badass. My definition of Badass is someone who can retain his moments and rarely or never become whiny or bitchy. Someone like Kenshiro or Alucard.

-I think Gohan should have been the hero at the end of the manga/anime. It seemed to set him up as the hero, and then Toriyama thought he was unsuitable. The way Gohan was changing I would agree with him about his choice, but i feel he could have changed Gohan for the better. I think the story should have kept the whole Vegetto battle, but changed around when Kid Boo showed up.

-I don't care about Oob at all. I honestly would have prefered Goku's sons taking over. Then I see Gohan and the others becoming useless~GT.

-I like SSJ4. I honestly prefer it over SSJ2 and SSJ3. The SSJ2 form for everyone but Gohan(10yrs) was like a copy of SSJ1 ,but with a slightly altered style with lightning (except vegeta who is completely the same). SSJ3 just looked silly to me. It's like if Rapunzel fused with Goku and Gotenks. SSJ4 felt like a drastic change that combined the Oozaru and SSJ look. It felt and look very unique, and was not just an alteration of SSJ1 or went with a Rapunzel look(except spiky). I also liked how Vegeta's SSJ4 actually looked different from Goku's. His hair and body colour were different which I think was the best touch.

-I always hated Freeza until I saw Ayres and Nako. I thought He was a woman, and I never could respect him due to his annoying voice an attitude that felt so dumb. This was when I was 8.

-I liked the Shadow Dragon idea. If they made more of the Shadow Dragons like the last 3, then they would have been much better.

-I want the Humans to somehow be able to fight at at least base saiyan level. I don't know how, but I just hate how the humans are worthless characters towards the end of the series. If they could match base saiyans, then we could have a good Tenkaichi Budokai.

-I can't stand the DBZ anime pacing. I could only watch 6 episodes in and gave up. After I saw Kai it was impossible for me to go back. I can only watch clips online of DBZ Japanese to truly enjoy it. I have no idea how I got through this series before. Probably the action when I was younger.

-Videl should never have been in the story period.

-I think I like the English actor for Mr. Satan more then the Japanese. I just love it so much. I always get so many laughs just by hearing Chris Rager speak. He never fails to put a smile on my face.

-Goku's Ally to Good speech. It made no sense and sounded just plain silly. He is full of rage right now, and only wants to harm Freeza. He is only thinking about killing his friends murder and he makes that random Jesus/Superman speech. For being an ally to good, why don't I see you patrolling the world and ending crime. Goku isn't a superhero so that speech made no sense. The only person who actually makes sense saying that speech is The Great Saiyaman not Goku.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:30 am

I don’t think Masako Nozawa should’ve voiced Bardock or Gohan past his child years. Just because they’re members of his family doesn’t mean they’re anything like him. Neither of them are a “child at heart” like Gokuu, so that excuse doesn’t fly. Teen Gohan sounds ridiculously similar to adult Gokuu on numerous occasions, to the point that it’s jarring.

I actually never had a problem with Sean Schemmel’s Gokuu. It were his “Superman” lines that were the problem.

I think Scott McNeil, unlike the others, actually got better with Piccolo after the Freeza arc (was it called the Westwood dub?).

I’ve always liked the concept of Broli, just not the fans who overrate him. And each of the Broli films are better than the other in some ways, but I haven’t quite figured out which one I like the most.

Vegetto shouldn’t have existed because Potara was a bullshit plot device and removed the disadvantages of Metamorian fusion that made it that little more interesting.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:06 am

I think Linda Young is awesome as Freeza.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:09 am

I bought some SonMay / EverAnime CDs early on in my life. I was young! I didn't know!
ringworm128 wrote:I think Linda Young is awesome as Freeza.
Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of fandom law.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:13 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:-I actually semi-liked Great Saiyaman. It was ridiculous no doubt but it always makes me feel warm inside.
Anyone who doesn't like Great Saiyaman is my sworn enemy.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:55 am

VegettoEX wrote:I bought some SonMay / EverAnime CDs early on in my life. I was young! I didn't know!
Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of fandom law.
I'll hold back the best I can as he mentioned one of the confessions on my list that I hated even as a kid. :evil:
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:00 pm

If Vegeta or Goku were real, I might end up with a restraining order or *worse*, if you know what I mean.

I don't hate Chichi, I actually understand her obsession and why she's like that, but I believe Goku would have been happier if he had hooked up with Suno.

I don't like the Falconer's score at all. When I realized they had changed the OST for the English dub I thought it was an insult to the original composers.

My reaction to this Goku vs Majin Vegeta scene: :shock: "Oh god... OH GOD. *screaming at the TV* IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING!?" *drools*

Related to the above, I made this. :lol:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:02 pm

- I prefer the English dub over the Japanese dub any day.

- I hate Goten's girlfriend, Palace.

- When I was a teenager I stole DBZ videos from sun coast and then sold them for half the price to other kids.

- I love DB hentai. But you guys already knew that.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Herms wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:-I actually semi-liked Great Saiyaman. It was ridiculous no doubt but it always makes me feel warm inside.
Anyone who doesn't like Great Saiyaman is my sworn enemy.
I'll fight you to the death.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:30 pm

I like Kakarot more then Goku.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:31 pm

I think all of mine have been made by others already. :lol: Let's see....

-I don't think Gohan should have stayed voiced by Masako Nozawa for his teen and adult years like Goku since Gohan isn't a 'child by heart'. Heck even as a kid, Gohan generally acted more like an adult than Goku does.
Completely agree with these. Saiyaman was great. I still want to see a Saiyaman video game, done up in an 'in-universe' fashion. It'd make for a great beat-em-up/platformer game~

And I'll expand on the second point and say Nozawa should have only voiced Goku. Repeating her for the entire family just feels lazy to me. Especially with Gohan and Bardock who are very un-Goku-like.
dbzfan7 wrote:-I like SSJ4. I honestly prefer it over SSJ2 and SSJ3. The SSJ2 form for everyone but Gohan(10yrs) was like a copy of SSJ1 ,but with a slightly altered style with lightning (except vegeta who is completely the same). SSJ3 just looked silly to me. It's like if Rapunzel fused with Goku and Gotenks. SSJ4 felt like a drastic change that combined the Oozaru and SSJ look. It felt and look very unique, and was not just an alteration of SSJ1 or went with a Rapunzel look(except spiky).

- I liked the Shadow Dragon idea.
SSJ4 was easily the best SSJ desgin in the series. The concept, fusion of SSJ and Oozaru, is nifty, but it's the design I've always loved. It just looks and feels so... bad ass. Except for the mullet. Vegeta needs to ditch the mullet. >.>

I also love the concept of the Shadow Dragons, the idea of the DBs coming back to bite the heroes in the ass is great. They dropped the ball on designs, natures, and originations though. Having a dragon just come along basicly because of any old wish... it just doesn't make sense.
Piccolo Daimao wrote:I actually never had a problem with Sean Schemmel’s Gokuu; it was his “Superman” lines that were the problem.
Agreed. Though....

The only confession entirely of my own: I love Goku's "ally to good" dub line in the Freeza battle. In fact, I greatly prefer it to the whole "awakened by rage" spiel in the original.
>.> I think most people here already know I agree with this. The Kai VA has grown on me a bit, it's not as bad as I'd first thought. But I still prefer Young's version. Even over the original JP, with one notable exception. Freeza's laugh. His laugh in the Japanese is just all kinds of awesome. But other than that, I've always enjoyed Young's Freeza, and was never confused (either in the FUNi dubbing or when Ocean was doing the VA work) about Freeza's gender that so many others complain about.
Scarz wrote:- I love DB hentai. But you guys already knew that.
Ditto. :lol:

:twisted:
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:39 pm

-I completely and utterly despise the eyecatch used for the first half of DBZ. It killed the mood on countless occasions, and in some instances, made otherwise serious scenes unintentionally hilarious.

-I didn't know DBZ was of Japanese origin until I was 18.

-Me and my friends as kids constantly said this phrase by accident when talking about Freeza: "And then she--he, sorry--"*

*For that reason, I laughed so hard at Krillin in DBZ Abridged saying about Freeza, "THAT THING'S A GUY!?"
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:44 pm

- I was taken hook line and sinker by Buu's endless transformations on the first run of the Funi dub. Vegetto's birth is my sole "Holy Freaking Crap!" reaction with this franchise.

- Likewise, I totally bought into Broly's being an indestructible monster that broke Dragon Ball.

- Chi-Chi's not nearly so much a raving stereotype (Though stereotype she be) as the one reasonable person in a ridiculous group of people, raving at how ridiculous and detached they are, and raving even harder when they ignore her. "How the hell is saving the world going to get him into college!?!" is one of my favorite gags in the series (is it filler?).

- Kikuchi's music doesn't always capture the gravity of the heaviest scenes. One of the few instances I can remember of being let down by it on my initial Dragon Box marathons was Vegeta's Final Flash; I don't think I've heard anything his entire selection for the series that matches that scene, and was watching the dub at the time so the sound quality wasn't an issue.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:41 pm

I think Bradford Jackson is the best King Cold voice (yes, even better then Daisuke Gouri.) I watch the dub on the Dragonbox....a lot.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:12 pm

- A friend went to San Francisco and told me he was in Chinatown and found DB DVDs. I asked him to buy me the Dragon Box bootlegs circa 2004, I specified; "get me DVD-9 editions."
- I also bought Son May bootlegs, I used to own the 5CD and the Path to Power Albums, now replaced with originals. I was a freshman in high school.
- I hate Broli, never liked the character.
- I also hate Pan in GT.
- Not the biggest fan of Dragon Ball Kai, but I do like the Yamamoto Score.
- Dragon Ball related Hentai was my introduction to Hentai in general, circa 2001, I was 14, so yeah...

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Let's see...

-I'm not really that fond of the Dragon Box cover art.

-I think that Goten's appearance at the end of DBZ is what teen Gohan should've looked like. Don't ask why I think that, because even I don't know. :P

-I think Videl looked prettier before she butchered her hair.

-As much as I like "Dete Koi Tobikiri ZENKAI pawā", I think they probobly should've switched to a different ending song after the Saiyan arc. There's lots of songs on the hit song collections that would've made great ending themes for the series, such as "Eien No Chikyū" and "Power Of Smile".

-Like Krycek7o2, I'm not the biggest Kai fan, but I like Yamamoto's musical score.

-Speaking of Kai, I can never bring myself to call it "Dragon Ball Z Kai".

-I was a dubbie at one time. Hey, we all start somewhere, right?

That's all I can think of right now.

Note: As I think of more fan confessions, I'll keep updating this post. :)
Last edited by jpdbzrulz4sure on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
-Joey

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta 00 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Well I'll start with the biggest confession to get it out of the way. (Warning, rants ahead)

Although it is good, I think that the Freeza arc is immensely overrated and is nowhere near the best part of the series. I know that I'm in the minority here but the Freeza arc doesn't hold a candle to the Cell arc, or the Saiyan arc, and to be honest, I haven't seen the Boo arc in years (though I'm approaching it on my current run of the Dragon Boxes) but I think I'd say that it is superior to the Freeza arc as well. I might start a thread in which I provide an in depth analysis of the Cell arc and compare it to the Freeza arc in terms of overall quality, so if I do get around to it my thoughts will be described in full.

Basically; the pacing is absolutely terrible even by Dragon Ball standards, the filler is hands down the worst in the series, the idea of characters acting stealthy got old fast, the constant repetition of the Super Saiyan legend took away all of the mystery behind how Freeza would be defeated (although I'll admit that it did add to the tragedy behind Vegeta's character), there were far too many henchman that served little purpose other than to drag the story out (but at least the Ginyu force were awesome, unlike most groups of henchman), there was no sense of mystery and excitement to hold my interest like there was in the Cell arc, with the exception of Vegeta the side characters were just kind of there had made no real progress or developments, the final battle with Freeza was pretty poorly built up and executed until the point when Goku finally transformed, and it lacks any interesting subplots (again unless you want to consider Vegeta to be a sub plot, but I think that his development is more accurately described as a character arc) which is a big part of what made the Cell arc so great. These are just a few of my problems with this arc, I'm cutting this rant short because it is probably getting pretty close to ridiculous and the topic of this thread isn't to pick out flaws in any part of the series, but I do have one more major complaint, which is big enough to warrant it's own confession.

Honestly, Freeza is a pretty basic and kind of boring villain. Now I know that a lot of Dragon Ball villains are but the only reason I'm singling out Freeza here is because most people think that he is the best villain in the franchise and give him more credit than I think he deserves. He has a cool and somewhat unconventional personality, which makes him better than a lot of Dragon Ball villains, but when it all boils down he is basically the stereotypical villain that we have seen a thousand times before. He is pure evil, insanely powerful, and has the same generic motivation as every other villain. That doesn't make him a bad villain, it just makes him standard, and although his personality does distinguish him a little bit he is far from the best villain the series ever had to offer. Cell was surprisingly complex for a Shonen story given his history and similarities to the main character among other things (if I do get around to my analysis, I will also provide a lengthy explanation of the qualities that I think make Cell the best villain in the franchise) and Vegeta and the Saiyans were interesting because they had ties to Goku's past which provided some nice exposition for his character and they were basically a representation of everything that Goku should have been, but fortunately never became. Freeza was just another seemingly unbeatable threat to the universe, and when he is sandwiched between two story arcs with some of the best villainy in all of Shonen, it really makes him seem boring and underwhelming by comparison, which is why I completely disagree with the notion of Freeza being the definitive villain of the franchise.

Again, I'm sorry for the rants and veering off topic, but I just wanted to justify my two biggest confessions, and since I might not get around to writing that massive analysis I wanted to make sure that my basic thoughts were recorded somewhere in some form.Hopefully I didn't come off as belligerent and I would like it to be known that these are all simply my opinions and that I do not hate the Freeza arc by any means, I just find it to be severely overrated.

Now that that's all done I can move on to my lighter confessions.

-I am sick to death of Zenkai Power. I think that it should have been changed right after the Saiyan saga. It just doesn't fit in with any other part of the series and is honestly quite bland. Not to mention that it goes for what, 200 episodes?

-With a few exceptions, I absolutely love the original cast of the Ocean Dub. Mainly for nostalgic reasons, but I also think that a few of the voices were excellent fits.

-Although I have mostly completely shed myself of the Faulconer score, I admit that I miss a few of the themes. Again, mainly for nostalgic purposes.

-I adore the Kikuchi score, but at times I find it repetitive and a bit bland.

-I am not as active in the community as I would like to be. I'm terrible at balancing all of my interests and thus sporadically get consumed by Dragon Ball while being disconnected from it and focusing on other interests most of the time. I really wish I could do a better job at fixing this problem.

-I still miss my days as a dub fan, mainly because it was such an amazing period of my life when a lot of awesome anime was airing on TV, of which Dragon Ball, Escaflowne, and Gundam Wing still stand supreme.

-I agree with others about teen Gohan's voice, but I personally liked Nozawa as Bardock.

And that's about it for now, I might be back with more if any new ones come to me.
[url=http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=9403] 12 years, 100 memories[/url]
[Former dub fan 1996-2008]

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 pm

- I've never read the entire manga.

- Goku is Howard Roark.

- I like GT a lot.

- I like Brolli a lot (or at least think he's an effective villain).

- I think the latter half of the Namek arc in the original anime is absolutely unwatchable (though I can still watch it).

- If you're not down with the Great Saiyaman, you're not down with me.

- One of the things that actually bothers me most about the series is its tendency to introduce and quickly dismiss strong female characters.

Aaaaand this:
-I completely and utterly despise the eyecatch used for the first half of DBZ. It killed the mood on countless occasions, and in some instances, made otherwise serious scenes unintentionally hilarious.

Not that it can't be cute or silly, as I'm not a huge fan of Kai's endless rotation of bad-ass close-ups and the Boo arc eye catches work very well. It's just that this particular beat tends to play in many of the exactly wrong moments (like after Goku or Gohan get brutally injured), and it's usually unintentionally hilarious.
Last edited by Cipher on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:03 am

I had originally planned to watch Z all the way through via the DBoxes as they came out. I own all 7 boxes, yet I only got so far as episode 96. >_>
Sometimes I would watch it at 2x or 4x when something uninteresting was on screen. Always an experience watching the video and audio moving unnaturally fast.
(I might go back and watch those 4 original inside-Buu episodes on the DBox some time soon though since they were the first I ever saw in Japanese and I've kind of been thinking about that mini-arc lately).

Contrary to the disinterest at the start of this post, the day the 2013 movie was announced it metaphorically ate up my entire Tuesday; I spent nearly all my free time glued to the screen that day in speculation.
It's still driving me mildly crazy that I don't know what the movie's plot is about, even though I understand why that information is being withheld.

I adored seeing Goku mess with Vegeta in the 2008 special; it was like watching Vegeta's wish for Goku to pay attention to him gone horribly wrong. XD
And because of that special I now associate Yamamuro's Goku with that massive messing-with-Vegeta streak.
Because of that, I kept waiting for Goku to purposely taunt Vegeta during the videogame-related animated special and was disappointed when it didn't happen.

Even though I don't read much fanfic anymore, back in the day when I did read it regularly, I read more Goku/Chi-Chi than Bulma/Vegeta fics.

I went from V/G to G/V back to V/G to whatever I feel like preferring on any given day. I'm pretty much done with the drama. It's all for the humor now.

I like the Gokou spelling, even though I never use it.

I liked the Kai Stage Show's plot, it was fun.

I'd hoped that if Kai had continued into the Buu arc, there would've been a character song duet between Goku and Vegeta and it would've been hilarious and wonderful.

I'm happy to see Kuririn's going to be in the 2013 movie just because of how much he sounds like Luffy now, and Luffy is awesome.

I remember being on the edge of my seat during the "will he or won't he?" scene near the end of the Buu arc where Goku had to decide whether or not to sacrifice Vegeta in the process of defeating Buu with the genki dama for the sake of saving the universe. I don't know if it holds up, but it was so heart-tugging to newbie me at the time.

I still think Majin Vegeta ki-cuffing Goku to that cliff was amusingly suggestive. As was the light tap on the cheek before he slaps him.
Also the fusion point. X3
And a bunch of other fun things I could mention here.

Great Saiyaman is so much fun and I would've liked to have seen Gohan go and form a full 5-person sentai team using Videl, Piccolo, Goku, and Vegeta.

I wanted to see Goku's reaction to Vegeta shaving off his moostache in GT. It never happened.
I also wanted to see adult base form Goku with his tail back like in the final GT ED teases. That never happened either.

Whenever someone is shown in school in DB, they're wearing whatever clothes they want, like in public school in the U.S. I think this went for Dr. Slump too. It makes me wonder if Toriyama just disliked the idea of school uniforms, because I'd think they'd be easier to draw and from what I've read the guy likes shortcuts art-wise (hello reason for ssj hair is for saving on inking time).

I still like kaio-ken better than ssj.

I miss seeing Kinto'un and nyoi-bo being used regularly.
Last edited by Chuquita on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!