Episode #0326 (10 March 2013)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0326 (10 March 2013)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Episode #0326 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version)
73:42; 96 kbps, mono; 50.8 MB

Episode #0326! VegettoEX and Julian dive in to the last two weeks worth of "Battle of Gods" news. We are learning more and more about the plot, Toriyama's involvement and lightening-up of the movie, related merchandise, and so much more. The movie is almost upon us! Referenced sites:
Random note: somehow Julian's audio source got switched from his headset to his laptop's internal mic very shortly into the recording. It still sounds OK-enough, but... ya' know... we have higher standards usually :P. Did what I could with it! Certainly listenable after it's all processed. Just be aware! Or don't! Whatever!

Enjoy!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Re: Episode #0326 (10 March 2013)

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Wait, Julian was recording this from school?

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 pm

I'm so sorry guys:
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/movie/2013_dragonballz/imax/
New ad came out today. That's sadly hilarious. :lol:

By the way, tell Jeff I said congratulations! :wink:

EDIT: Still feel that the Gohan hair-thing was an actual mistake. I mean, why would they go through the trouble of editing Gohan's hair for this little shot:

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:13 am

Maybe they did have some scenes of Gohan as a Super Saiyan. Perhaps they just caught their mistake? At least they fixed it. Ya' know, this wouldn't be the first time they went back and changed Super Saiyan hair to normal hair. I forget what episode of DBZ it was, but I'm sure someone will jump in and fill in that detail. It was one of the episodes before the Other World tournament. The next episode preview showed Goku powering up to a Super Saiyan, but in the actual episode they re-painted his hair black.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:23 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Maybe they did have some scenes of Gohan as a Super Saiyan. Perhaps they just caught their mistake? At least they fixed it. Ya' know, this wouldn't be the first time they went back and changed Super Saiyan hair to normal hair. I forget what episode of DBZ it was, but I'm sure someone will jump in and fill in that detail. It was one of the episodes before the Other World tournament. The next episode preview showed Goku powering up to a Super Saiyan, but in the actual episode they re-painted his hair black.
That'd be episode 195, "A Great Inspiration!! I’m Ready! The Awesome Guy from the Next World" (or 'Warriors of the Dead' in the dub). I actually had no idea that it was a re-coloring, I had for some reason assumed that it was them showing off the movie 4 form again briefly, for...some...reason. Knowing it's a mistake, it makes a lot more sense to me now. Maybe they only realized that they wanted to hold off anyone else in the afterlife seeing Super Saiyan until the tournament's final round too late. Pikkon was in that scene, so to make him shocked along with everyone else later, he had to not see Goku transform there.

Oh, right. Battle of Gods. Uhh, anyway, great topic and discussion on this episode. As far as the Gohan thing goes again, I was fine if he did go Super Saiyan as that would have made fitting everything together with GT even easier, but him not transforming also works for me.

Edit: Re-reading your comment, I had no idea about the next episode preview (even though I HAVE that Dragon Box...shows how much I paid attention), so I guess it'd be 194 that had the shot with him actually transforming, then it's 195 that has the re-colored black hair. Just thought I'd go back in and re-clarify that.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:56 am

That Vegeta mystery was really something for me. XD I don't know how many different theories I went through over the course of November~March.
I'm still so happy it was revealed/solved the other week. Learning the reason behind that big cheerful expression...I still smile when I think about it. X3 Having seen some of his other roles as well, I do have a feeling Horikawa's going to knock it out of the park with that scene. It'll be amazing. X3

I also still like that Birusu is based off Toriyama's current pet cat. That's really cool. (Of course it causes me to picture the actual cat being a huge troublemaker for Toriyama in rl.)

I feel like Goku's Gokuness is going to stand out even more when placed in scenarios with energetic Luffy and (brash?) Toriko. XD

Of all the theater-related technology they could've played with in this film, I am so, so happy they chose IMAX. IMAX is my favorite movie-enhancer. It's so immersive both visually and (maybe even more so) audio-wise.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Oh guys, please please! I know it's not your favorite hobby and with all the new stuff about the movie. But I'm dying to hear another GT review with Jeff :(