Episode #0328 (30 March 2013)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0328 (30 March 2013)

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Episode #0328 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version)
80:44; 96 kbps, mono; 55.6 MB

Episode #0328! Julian makes the entire English-speaking world jealous with his tales of checking out the new film "Battle of Gods" on its opening day in Japan. Does the movie hold up its end of the bargain with a proper mix of nostalgia all wrapped up in comedy and action? A recap of news leading up to the movie, information that helps set the stage, and more brings it all home with VegettoEX and Hujio! Referenced sites:
Enjoy!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Re: Episode #0328 (30 March 2013)

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:15 pm

The JSAT Special is 5 years old now...where does the time go? :cry: :crazy:

At the same time, I can't wait to see what the future holds for us! Hoping Uisu returns as the focal point for a sequel.

Still listening to the episode, interested to hear what you guys think the future holds for us.

"Miiike, stop fucking Dragon Ball." :lol:

Wow, great way to end the episode! Hope the whole fandom doesn't come down with "post-movie depression" after this. It's been such a long and busy time, but given the movie's success I think we can expect things to pick up as the franchise heads towards its 30th Anniversary.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Whoa! It was originally going to be Kuririn and 18's wedding?! :shock:

I'm super-curious as to what this alternate version of BOG was like, but I'm so so happy with the final version they decided upon. Everything I've read and seen looks so much fun and I can't wait to see it!!

I agree with how it totally takes you back all those years and everything feels all fresh and shiny and new. I don't think I've ever been this excited about new DB stuff since arguably the very beginning couple years of being in the fandom. Jump 08 comes close (because I adore Jump 08) but this is it and there's so many happy feelings I have about this movie right now it's amazing.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:05 am

For some reason when Iisten to the podcast and here Mike and Julian I picture Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters in my head :D

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:46 am

*gets to the part about the nixed Kuririn/#18 wedding idea, and remembers his own wishes for the Gohan/Videl wedding*

Dammit Toei/Toriyama, why are you so against giving me even the most remote hints of romance in this series! :lol: Ah well, at least we're seeing a pregnant (well, barely so, but still) character for once. So maybe timeskips DON'T make babies.

Also, I wonder if the Kuririn/#18 wedding was nixed before Toriyama came in, or if he was one of the ones that nixed it? He did have a comment about wanting the setting to be that last time-skip in the manga, since nobody would be 'really old' yet and would still be 'at their peak'...and unless they were going to have some kind of thing where they only got married at long last way, way, way after they had their kid, then the wedding would presumably have had to take place during the timeskip between Cell and Boo arcs, which would have left Goku out unless they pulled a Bojack movie again. Hmm...

medama_oyaji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by medama_oyaji » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:24 am

Although I get the impression that she doesn't do much in the movie, it would have been pretty cool to see #18 kick some butt in a wedding dress!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:*gets to the part about the nixed Kuririn/#18 wedding idea, and remembers his own wishes for the Gohan/Videl wedding*
This kind of idea is never lost forever, they might reuse it on some other occasion.
This time, it was Bulma and Videl's time to be in the spotlight due to one partying and the other one being pregnant.
But since they once thought of C-18, it means it seems interesting to them and they'll probably keep it in mind to exploit her character and her hot temper (she loves clothes so much, all hell will break lose if she doesn't have the ultimate wedding dress)!

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 am

Cold Skin wrote:This kind of idea is never lost forever, they might reuse it on some other occasion.
This time, it was Bulma and Videl's time to be in the spotlight due to one partying and the other one being pregnant.
But since they once thought of C-18, it means it seems interesting to them and they'll probably keep it in mind to exploit her character and her hot temper (she loves clothes so much, all hell will break lose if she doesn't have the ultimate wedding dress)!
I also think that all the unused idea will be in the next movies. I think it's something very current in Japanese animation.