New FUNimation DragonBallZ.com

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soul
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

New FUNimation DragonBallZ.com

Post by Soul » Wed May 22, 2013 9:34 am

I figured this was noteworthy; apparently in the last week or so, FUNimation revamped their http://www.DragonBallZ.com website.
Using a lot of more recent artwork. Though, while they're heavily still pushing the Orange Bricks, they...use a Level 1.2 trailer next to it. :roll:

Pretorious
Beyond Newbie

Re: New FUNimation DragonBallZ.com

Post by Pretorious » Wed May 22, 2013 10:31 am

Ooh! I have a feeling they're preparing it to showcase some new releases. It's very nice looking.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed May 22, 2013 11:34 am

Hahaha, Ten and Chaozu don't get separate character pages.

Er, anyway, the site looks good. I wish they'd promote the Dragon Boxes or BD Levels instead of the Orange Bricks, but with the former being rare and expensive now and the latter being more or less discontinued, it'd be kind of... I dunno, mean.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Alpha_Flight

Post by Alpha_Flight » Wed May 22, 2013 12:00 pm

Very slick and modern looking website. The character art and bio page is a nice touch!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed May 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Kaboom wrote:Hahaha, Ten and Chaozu don't get separate character pages.
"This white-skinned, red-checked little being..."

Red what? Come on, people, do some proofreading!

And also...

WH-WH-WH-WHAAAAAAT?! They have the "sagas" divided into Saiyan, Freeza, Cell, and Boo?! Since when do they do that? Where's all the Imperfect Cells and World Tournaments and Ginyus and the dozens and dozens of other sagas? When did they become so logical about it?! :P
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 5/27/24!)
Current Episode: Kuririn the Plot Device - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 4

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed May 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Are Artifical Humans really considered bad guys...?
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed May 22, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm not sure (I haven't seen them beforehand), but it looks like the pages for the original and GT have been changed, too. Or at least the Z site was changed to match them.
Last edited by Big Momma on Wed May 22, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed May 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Big Momma wrote:I'm not sure (I haven't seen them beforehand), but it looks like the pages for the originalGT have been changed, too. Or at least the Z site was changed to match them.
I find it strange how they showcase the canceled blu ray sets.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed May 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Big Momma wrote:I'm not sure (I haven't seen them beforehand), but it looks like the pages for the original and GT have been changed, too. Or at least the Z site was changed to match them.
I guess it's about time they change the websites. It's been like that for a long time and it's refreshing to see new pages.

Not to be off-topic, but it's good to see you be a regular in the forums again :)
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed May 22, 2013 2:31 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: Not to be off-topic, but it's good to see you be a regular in the forums again :)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Fennekin
Not Banned

Post by Fennekin » Wed May 22, 2013 2:37 pm

They obviously didn't update the Z Kai website. It's still advertising the Season 3 DVD when Season 4 was released months ago.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed May 22, 2013 2:40 pm

It's odd that they're promoting DBZ Level 1.2 on the main page even though it's been cancelled/pending since 2011. Nevertheless, the website looks great and very informative!
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

ForestEquilibrium
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ForestEquilibrium » Wed May 22, 2013 2:53 pm

How is Trunks' "exact age not certain"? He outright says (in the Japanese version at least, not sure about the Kai dub) he's seventeen years old after he kills Freeza (meaning he would be somewhere around 18-20 after leaving the ROSAT). I understand they might be going off the original dub script but w/ the original version so readily available there's not much point in hiding it.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed May 22, 2013 3:28 pm

It's weird how they are promoting the Dragon Boxes even though their OOP and expensive as fuck. (well, some of them are)
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
Kaboom wrote:Hahaha, Ten and Chaozu don't get separate character pages.
"This white-skinned, red-checked little being..."

Red what? Come on, people, do some proofreading!

And also...

WH-WH-WH-WHAAAAAAT?! They have the "sagas" divided into Saiyan, Freeza, Cell, and Boo?! Since when do they do that? Where's all the Imperfect Cells and World Tournaments and Ginyus and the dozens and dozens of other sagas? When did they become so logical about it?! :P
They didn't know that Chaozu is human?

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Also, HOW THE HELL IS BULMA A MINOR CHARACTER?

I mean seriously, she was more important to the plot of the Cell and Boo saga than Chaozu ever was.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed May 22, 2013 4:37 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:It's odd that they're promoting DBZ Level 1.2 on the main page even though it's been cancelled/pending since 2011. Nevertheless, the website looks great and very informative!
Yeah, as I wrote before:

sangofe wrote:
Big Momma wrote:I'm not sure (I haven't seen them beforehand), but it looks like the pages for the originalGT have been changed, too. Or at least the Z site was changed to match them.
I find it strange how they showcase the canceled blu ray sets.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed May 22, 2013 5:19 pm

It actually looks nice. I love how they've adopted the "Orange Brick" fan term for the season sets. :lol: If you can't beat um', join um', eh FUNimation... :wink:

This new and improved DBZ website of theirs is perfect for promoting new releases. BoG must have spurred this change. To me this is just another good sign that more high quality releases are on the horizon.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed May 22, 2013 5:32 pm

I was going to complain about the use of "seasons" and "sagas".

And then I saw they separated the story arcs into the four arcs I use and not their one hundred different little ones, which curbed my anger.

It's still hilarious that they boast of "revised english dialogue" when a lot of it isn't revised. "Hey, watch this with dialogue that's ever so slightly not entirely inaccurate!"
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed May 22, 2013 6:02 pm

That's kinda what 'revised' means if you ask me...nowhere does it say or indicate that the entire thing has been re-done, it just has revisions. Small ones, all throughout.

Yeesh, it's like you try to find something to give them hell for. :P
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)