DBZ Universe Map?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

DBZ Universe Map?

Post by FoolsGil » Thu May 23, 2013 1:37 am

We have a world map, but for the life of me I can never find a map of the DBZ universe: All the planets in manga and anime, and what quadrant of the universe they are in.

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: DBZ Universe Map?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 am

That's because an official one doesn't exist. The closest thing we get is the Cosmos Map in the Daizenshu that shows Earth as being in the North Quadrant and Namek, as well as Vegeta, being in an adjacent one, though its not specified which.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu May 23, 2013 4:57 am

Here's the cosmos map for the record.

Herms posted some good logic in his Guide to the DB Galaxy thread:
If Planet Namek isn’t located in the North Galaxy, where is it? The maps of the DB world that have planets labeled always show Earth and Namek as being on opposite sides of one of the galaxy-dividing lines etched into the macrocosm’s side, so going by that Namek would be in either the East or West Galaxy, but we can’t tell which from the map’s side-perspective. However, the Elder Kaioshin says that he warned the Namekians about using the dragonballs, and since he’s supposed to be the East Kaioshin of 15 generations ago, it would be logical for Namek to therefore be in his region. So overall I think the best guess is that Namek is located in the East Galaxy. The map of the DB world also shows Planet Vegeta and Planet Freeza No.79 as being with Namek on the other side of the galaxy-dividing line, so they’d probably be there as well.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu May 23, 2013 10:01 am

@Bussani

Yeah, I found that one map. I was thinking of something more as an 2D overhead and just the mortal plane like the map of Dragonball Earth. Namek in the East Galaxy? That's a surprise, and explains the difficulties of getting Krillin's soul back to the check in station once he died.

I'm not a great artist but I think I can make an overhead DBZ universe Map. I would just need to find out which planet is in which galaxy (or nebula, as Herms wrote.) Going to the DBZ Wiki I copied/pasted the list of planets except for the demon realm and the Kai Worlds. Planets existing in GT and in the anime don't really contradict anything by existing,(for example, even if Vegeta and Nappa never went to Arlia in the manga, there is nothing saying Arlia doesn't exist in the manga) so I added them as well

Planets that need mapping
Alpha
Beehay
Beenz
Cretaceous
Dark Planet
Dark Star
Eros
Gelbo
Hera
Ikonda
Imecka
Kabocha
Kuhn
Litt
luud
M-2
Namchinno
Na-me
New Namek
New Planet Vegeta
Nutts
Outa
Pital
Polstid
Popol
Rudeeze
Rygol 7
Shamo
Shikk
Tazba
Tritek
Yardrat
Zoon
Arcose
Arlia
Big Gete Star
Cooler Planet 6
Cooler Planet 98
Cooler Planet 256
Dual Planet
Fake Namek
Makyo Syar
Meat
Metamor

Planets in the North Galaxy
Earth

Planets in the East Galaxy
Freeza Planet 79
Namek
Vegeta

Planets in the South Galaxy
Konats

Planets in the West Galaxy
-----

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 23, 2013 11:04 am

I've been making one as part of my fan project over on deviantart (still a WIP though). I can promise most people wouldn't agree on placements, and I've made some changes too, so it wouldn't really be applicable here.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu May 23, 2013 11:06 am

I haven't even heard of most of these planets....
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:46 am

TheMightyOzaru wrote:I haven't even heard of most of these planets....
A lot of them are from movie supplemental information. For example, I believe that the Cooler Planets come from that same place that gave the power levels for Cooler's henchmen. And a lot are from GT.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Thu May 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Recently, I've began wondering where the bug planet is. You know the one, it's where Nappa and Vegeta are hanging out during the fight with Raditz. It takes them a year to get to Earth from the bug planet, in a spaceship that's capable of making the 4400 year-by-rocket journey to Namek in six days.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri May 24, 2013 12:21 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I've been making one as part of my fan project over on deviantart (still a WIP though). I can promise most people wouldn't agree on placements, and I've made some changes too, so it wouldn't really be applicable here.
Yeah I found your maps on DA. I'm surprised anyone would complain. There's no one else trying to figure out where the planets are after all.