Episode #0335 (02 June 2013)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0335 (02 June 2013)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Episode #0335 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version)
81:53; 96 kbps, mono; 56.4 MB

Episode #0335! VegettoEX and Meri report on all the events from Animazement 2013 in Raleigh, North Carolina. With such a huge group of incredible guests (specifically Nozawa, Furukawa, Nakao, and Minaguchi), was there even a chance it was going to be anything short of spectacular? Listen in for stories from all the panels and experiences. News on the "Battle of Gods" Japanese home release among other fun stories wraps up the episode! Referenced sites:
Enjoy! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much to everyone who said hello during the con! :D
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Re: Episode #0335 (02 June 2013)

Post by Drabaz » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:17 pm

Toshio Furukawa showed us a picture of his figure collection last year at Animazement. He said that this was only one side of the wall and on the other side was full of figures too. And this was one year ago! Where does he put all this stuff?!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:04 am

They....had Dragon Boxes over at Animazment? Did they have Vol. 2 and for how much? Just wonderin'.

It must have been a great time! It would've been cool to meet Mike & Meri as well as the Japanese cast.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:23 am

No and yes. Mike was saying that almost everyone in line to get autographs had a Dragonbox with them. The dealers room did have some Dragonboxes for sale but not the hard to find ones, such as volume 2. It was funny too because I was with friends scouting the dealers room for booths that may have had rare Dragonboxes for sale, and then here comes Mike doing the same thing! At first he didn't see me so I turned to him and said, "Move along man. I already checked here."

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:56 am

Phew. I would have had a meltdown if Dragon Box 2 was there and was going for like $80. I would have literally jumped out my window.

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:31 am

Amazing podcast! It really put me back in the moment :thumbup: Hope next year is more of the same in terms of DBZ!

Pretorious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pretorious » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:14 pm

This really took me back to the convention, too. Especially hearing the reaction from fans and and Kanzenshuu community at the end (not just 'cause I'm on there, haha). I really got the warm and fuzzies. Going back to my normal, dull life has been so jarring! Animazement 2013 will certainly be one of my most cherished memories forever. Thanks so much for housing this community, which gave me people to meet there, and for making the podcast. You are awesome. :D
Kakarot88 wrote:Hope next year is more of the same in terms of DBZ!
God, I hope so too! I would be perfectly thrilled if Animazement became THE Dragon Ball convention! Also, you have the best avatar of all time.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Downloading the podcast now, can't wait to give it a listen later since I didn't get to go to the con (not that I tried really since I knew there was no way, and I've never been to a con yet anyway).

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:48 pm

I sure hope that the Freezer intro will be kept for future podcasts! 8)
I mean, seriously, we have Freezer presenting Kanzenshuu, how cool is that!! :thumbup:
Who could have even dreamed of having a cast member making the announcement for our N°1 international Dragon Ball website?! And it's Freezer, one of the most beloved and important Japanese-cast voices, and one of the emblematic characters in this franchise!

I could get used to hearing Freezer as part of the usual intro for each podcast. Even if the only part kept was him only saying "Kanzenshuu"!
But we'll see, even if it was just for this one time, it's already amazing! 8)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Took me longer than I wanted to get to this, due to computer issues, but now that I've listened to it, I really REALLY wish I'd been able to make this my first con trip - it sounds AMAZING beyond words. I can tell that you and Meri thoroughly enjoyed this Mike, even the stuff with the dub actors that you could care less for really. I especially liked hearing how even Schemmel was just in awe of Nozawa.

Oh, and you've probably already checked up on it, or forgotten about it, but you were right - somehow or another (I've still never heard a story on how or why), Peter Mayhew, the actor in the Chewbacca suit, was in the dub of the GT special, as er...*refers to the Wiki link himself* Susha? Not sure on his sub name, if it was at all different, but I think he was the snake/lizard henchman...thing. That tried to eat Goku Jr. at one point and got blown off by a quick burst of energy, or something.