Dream Cross-Overs with other series

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Dream Cross-Overs with other series

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:10 pm

I honestly could't think of one. But I'm sure someone have some nice cross overs in their minds.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Re: Dream Cross-Overs with other series

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:01 pm

How about....ONE PIECE!?!

Damn, how about....DR. SLUMP!?!

Er...um, TORIKO?

Son of bitch!

Seriously though, if I had to choose, it'd be....Dragon Quest. I know that's kind of a lame choice since that also has Toriyama's art but wouldn't it be cool to have a Dragon Quest game where Dragon Ball characters played the roles of protagonists, antagonists, shops owners and random NPC's? It'd be just like Cross Epoch where the characters aren't technically themselves.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DonZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonZ » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Dragon Ball and Hunter x Hunter. mainly because they're my favorite anime series ever.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:10 pm

GT and Law and Order SVU. Get Stabler and Benson after those guys who hit on Bra.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:36 pm

DonZ wrote:Dragon Ball and Hunter x Hunter. mainly because they're my favorite anime series ever.
This was the first thing I thought of. I'd love to see Gon and Killua go on a quest with Goku and Piccolo.
Dragon Ball Famicon/Super Famicom game scans : HERE

Z-Dragon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Z-Dragon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Dragonball Z and Tenchi Muyo, two of my favorite anime series. Why? Because those have similar things: aliens, spaceships, and advanced technologies.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Chrono Trigger...Street Fighter...DC/marvel
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:GT and Law and Order SVU. Get Stabler and Benson after those guys who hit on Bra.
Cause of this GT is canon in the LAW of Order Universe.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:22 pm

Crossovers with casts that belong in different universes are always terrible.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:24 pm

penguintruth wrote:Crossovers with casts that belong in different universes are always terrible.
Incorrect. Jimmy Neutron and FairyOdd Parents are examples.

KingofWisdom
Regular

Post by KingofWisdom » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Hunter x Hunter. It feels more like DB than Naruto does. I mean that in a good way.
"Those transformations insane,
They wanna turn up hours late and steal the show from the pros who had to die for the name." - Yamcha (DBWTF: Z-Rap 3)

"Over saturation is easy. Just drag the slider to the right and there you are: instant interest. And certainly, the majority of the public likes saturated color images. In fact, if you want to quickly create a popular image, simply over saturate the colors and increase the contrast. While you may not achieve a sophisticated image, you will achieve an image that will please a less demanding audience." - Alain Briot

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:29 am

Not a dream cross-over, but why do I have a feeling Roshi would love being in one of Funimation's fanservice shows?
penguintruth wrote:Crossovers with casts that belong in different universes are always terrible.
The Jetsons meet the Flintstones was ok. Wondered where Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm were, but it was ok.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:32 am

It's not a show, but the Kingdom Hearts series is the ultimate crossover, covering a couple dozen different universes, and it's great.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:36 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
It's not a show, but the Kingdom Hearts series is the ultimate crossover, covering a couple dozen different universes, and it's great.
Even through it's been lacking lately lol. But this isn't the topic for that.

I would love to see Trunks's sword(base) vs Sora in his Final Form

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:38 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Even through it's been lacking lately lol. But this isn't the topic for that.

I would love to see Trunks's sword(base) vs Sora in his Final Form
What are you talking about? 3D was great! And they finally announced KH3!

That would be a good one fight though.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

DonZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonZ » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:52 am

hunterxhunter21 wrote:
DonZ wrote:Dragon Ball and Hunter x Hunter. mainly because they're my favorite anime series ever.
This was the first thing I thought of. I'd love to see Gon and Killua go on a quest with Goku and Piccolo.
Or Meruem meet his original-self .. Cell :lol:

DonZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonZ » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:54 am

KingofWisdom wrote:Hunter x Hunter. It feels more like DB than Naruto does. I mean that in a good way.
I always get happy when i see someone like both Dragon Ball and Hunter x Hunter, cuz i don't usually see a lot of people who like both series -_-
i think they're familiar in someway. i really recommend it to anyone who likes DB, it's a perfect Shonen series. the fighting has the feeling of Dragonball somehow (maybe it's the aura or something) but with more strategies and Tactics.

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:19 am

DonZ wrote:
KingofWisdom wrote:Hunter x Hunter. It feels more like DB than Naruto does. I mean that in a good way.
I always get happy when i see someone like both Dragon Ball and Hunter x Hunter, cuz i don't usually see a lot of people who like both series -_-
i think they're familiar in someway.
I guess that makes four including you, me, KingofWisdom, and hunterxhunter21 then. :P I also agree with HXH having a crossover with DB. I think Goku's reaction to Hisoka would be hilarious. Here's the situation:

Goku: Hey, you look strong! Wanna fight?
Hisoka: Oh, you seem to be a fully-ripened fruit... I can't wait to play with you...
*Hisoka takes off his shirt*
Goku: Ain't it a little too early to be taking off your shirt? Whatever...
*Goku powers up to Super Saiyan 3*
Hisoka: Oh my. This power..
*Hisoka has a glowing erection*
Goku: On second thought, I don't think this is worth it...

From this day forward, Son Goku felt disanitized towards being excited to fight stronger opponents...

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:34 am

This might seem like an odd choice..... but I'd say Gintama. It's not as similar to DB like One Piece or Naruto but I do think it could work as a joke chapter/episode . Gintama makes a ton of references to DB and Shonen Jump in general and constantly breaks the 4th wall so I could see them handeling a cross-over with ANY Shone Jump title pretty well.

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:23 am

Since Eyeshield 21 is another favorite manga of mine I wouldn't mind seeing Goku and the gang take on Sena and the Devil Bats in a football game. I think it could be comedy gold with Dragon Ball characters not understanding the rules at first. I'd also like to see how they would handle Hiruma's threats. Monta vs Goten in an air battle would be great. Seeing Boo and Kurita battle it out on the line would be interesting too.
Dragon Ball Famicon/Super Famicom game scans : HERE