Quote your favorite Dragon Ball related lines.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Patrick
Beyond Newbie

Quote your favorite Dragon Ball related lines.

Post by Patrick » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:48 am

Dragon Ball is known for having some memorable lines from the manga, show, video games and among other things. For most fans, there's usually a certain line that stands out to them the most, being memorable for being comedic, dramatic or just flat-out awesome. So, what are some of your favorite lines from DBZ?

Here are some of mine.

"They just keep lining up to die!" - Perfect Cell
"Fight you? No, I want to kill you." - Mystic Gohan
"But Vegeta, we're already dead!" - Goku

Also, please try to avoid "over 9000"
Zephyr wrote:Toriyama's not breaking into everyone's homes and editing your copy of the manga with a pen to include Goku's mom and this "blasphemous" information about her.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Quote your favorite Dragon Ball related lines.

Post by TheAldella » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:57 am

Let's see here. The exchanges between Goku and Cell are lovely altogether...
If I had to pick a definite one, though, it'd have to be
Gohan: I'll show you why my little brother looks up to me!
Buu: He Doesn't.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:11 pm

"I am the hope of the universe" speech. Inaccurate or not, its still good in my opinion

"That's right my friend. Now let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?!" -Vegeta

Bulma: "Were you abandoned because you have a tail?
Goku: "Were you abandoned because your chest is a butt?

Future Trunks: Nightmares never last, mom. One day you wake up and they're gone.

Majin Vegeta's speech to Goku and Supreme Kai at the World Tournament. "Meaningless, huh?! WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF MEANINGLESS?!"

just to name a few.
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Vegeta: "Trunks, you are my only son and yet I haven’t held you once since you were a baby, have I? Come here son. Trunks there’s something you must know, You’ve made me proud my son."

Goku to Frieza: "You Fool!"

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:17 pm

"The future of Gohan. The future of Chi Chi. Not to mention the future of the entire universe. It all depends on me! And I don't care if you're a million times stronger than me! Mark my words I'm not going to let them down! So get ready Frieza cuz this time yooouuu're going down!"

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:22 pm

The one at the top of my sig is my favorite, but aside from that, I'd have to go with the dub's "You're a fool. I'm going to crush you. And throw you into the wind," from Majin Vegeta.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Only DB-related? Okay, get ready for a fair bit of dub heresy:

"ALL YOU PEOPLE DO IS TAAAAAAAAAALK!"

"I suppose the sudden loss of your friends and family has left you speechless, Gohan. Hurry and drain your tears so we can fight."

"Well half of me agrees with you..."

"Even if you fuse, you'll be no match for me... but why take the chance? I'll kill you both now!"

"That hurt, didn't it? Facing your fears would have been far less painful."

"Fight you? No, I wanna kill you."

"That's it. That's the look!"

"Simian bastard! I am Lord Freeza. None surpass me, no one even comes close! Etch this into your skull: I am the emperor of the universe! The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet!"
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Not actually a line from the series, but rather a lyric from a song. CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA, to be exact. :)

"A head that’s empty is easier to stuff with dreams"

Mr. Piccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr. Piccolo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Piccolo Daimao: "We--ell, come out then, 'Shenlong' or whatever you're called!"

When old Piccolo Daimao called forth Shenlong. This line always struck me as hilarious. I don't know why. It is like Piccolo just wanted to get this whole wish business over with and become young again. He doesn't seem to care much for the dragon, either, which is made even clearer when he blows Shenlong up after his wish is granted.
Kami is my co-pilot.

Mystic Buu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystic Buu » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Gohan(ssj2):You're going to pay...For everything...

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Edit: Wrong thread! :P

Vegeta: I'm an Earthling with the pride of the Saiya!

It comes from GT, when Super #17 is about to kill him, and Goku saves him. I like this line a lot because it shows how Vegeta has changed over the years.
Last edited by DBZGTKOSDH on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DBZASHKACHU

Post by DBZASHKACHU » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Roshi says some good stuff to live by.
-One does not study martial arts in order to win a fight or have a girl say, "ooo, your so strong!!" One masters those arts for health in mind and body, for the ability to live one's life as courageously, uniquely, and energetically as one wishes!
-Move well, play well, eat well, rest well-that is the turtle master way!
(both from the manga)

Movie 9 has some great lines especially from Gohan.
Gohan-I know your kind. You think you can waltz in and just take our planet. But you forgot one thing: I'm my father's son!

Bojack- You Fool! Any last words before you die!
Gohan- Actually Bojack, there is one word that comes to mind. KAMEHAMEHA!!

Good stuff :)
Bojack- You Fool! Any last words before you die! Gohan- Actually Bojack, there is one word that comes to mind. KAMEHAMEHA!!

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shnuki » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:34 pm

DBZASHKACHU wrote:-One does not study martial arts in order to win a fight or have a girl say, "ooo, your so strong!!" One masters those arts for health in mind and body, for the ability to live one's life as courageously, uniquely, and energetically as one wishes!
So, I guess the line in the Polish version of the manga was either mistranslated or changed on purpose to make it sound funnier, because the part "...or have a girl say..." is changed to "but to have a girl say...". While it changes the sentence completely, it's actually still in-character for Roshi :)

But if someone could actually confirm which one is accurate, that would be awesome! This line appears in chapter 30.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:10 pm

I'm pretty sure that the "or" is correct.

Edit: I've checked both my Vizbig and my Portuguese edition of the manga. Both say "or".

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Shnuki wrote:
DBZASHKACHU wrote:-One does not study martial arts in order to win a fight or have a girl say, "ooo, your so strong!!" One masters those arts for health in mind and body, for the ability to live one's life as courageously, uniquely, and energetically as one wishes!
So, I guess the line in the Polish version of the manga was either mistranslated or changed on purpose to make it sound funnier, because the part "...or have a girl say..." is changed to "but to have a girl say...". While it changes the sentence completely, it's actually still in-character for Roshi :)
But if someone could actually confirm which one is accurate, that would be awesome! This line appears in chapter 30.
I think the "or" is correct too. The line in the Spanish manga is this:
Mastering martial arts isn't just to win fights or to have girls think: "wow... he's so strong"... if you learn the art of fighting well, you'll keep your bodies and spirits healthy, and you'll be able to live a free, calm life.

And about quotes themselves, here's a golden one from the Spanish dub of "Fusion Reborn".
Goku: (talks about a minute and a half about how to do the exact poses in the fusion dance while showing them to Vegeta)
Vegeta: I REMIND YOU I'M NOT A BALLERINA!
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:12 pm

For me, everything Cooler says is always awesome. He is just the definition of a typical DBZ villain.
"I am the great destroyah! The-taker-of-LIFE!; All living things are mere play things to me; NO ONE can comprehend my power and cunning!"

Then there's Vegeta's interesting moral question:
"Is it slavery when you get what you want?"
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

DBZASHKACHU

Post by DBZASHKACHU » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Yeah like rereboy said that's the way the Vizbig translated the line, it's also where I copied it straight from my copy. lol That's cool how it's translated the same into other languages with the "or".

Roshi-We do not learn martial arts to pick fights or to impress girls who will say ooo, beefcake your so strong I want you! Do you understand what I'm saying?

That's the way the dub handled that line, it's more or less the same, followed by how we achieve victory and peace. I like that line also. Roshi lines can be perverted or inspiring, either way it's gold. 8)
Bojack- You Fool! Any last words before you die! Gohan- Actually Bojack, there is one word that comes to mind. KAMEHAMEHA!!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:04 am

Sad for YOUUUUUU!!!
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shnuki » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:57 am

I guess you're right, guys. Now that I think about it, it actually contradicts something. If Roshi did think that the women are the most important thing to start studying martial arts, he wouldn't scold Kuririn for coming to his island with that particular goal in mind.

Thanks for clearing that up, everyone :)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:43 am

Goku:" Kamicollo" (so glad that was kept in Kai).
Big Green:"Trunkten"... "His name can be mud for all I care".