Buu-Kai Arc soundtrack and "Let it burn"

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Buu-Kai Arc soundtrack and "Let it burn"

Post by danielsan_190196 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:10 am

I can't check it now because i'm on cellphone, but i think it's unavailable. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... WoGzZJTa00
Last edited by danielsan_190196 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Buu-Kai Arc soundtrack and "Let it burn"?

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:58 am

It says the videos are unavailable, but those names are very interesting. What could this be? It says they're auto-generated by YouTube, but this seems awfully specific. The running times are where it gets weird. The Opening and Ending are TV-size, while the mysterious Let it Burn is about 5 minutes long. :wtf:

Edit: Wait a sec, on closer inspection these are country-blocked. I know how to get around those, unless they've tightened up the security, but I'm on the iPad in school right now. Somebody in France may have better luck with this at the moment.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:49 am

^ It's not available in France either.
And I don't think it's official because of the # in the name of the account that seems to lead to videos RELATED to Sumitomo even through other accounts, not FROM Sumitomo's own account (if there was any).

Meanwhile, Let It Burn still hasn't aired as far as I know, it could be something like a final insert song when Oob and Goku fly away, rather than an ending like everybody thought.
With Gohan facing the new Boo, the international ending still shows the group ready to face Babidi, Dabra and Mister Boo.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:52 am

I have no idea how automatically generated videos work, but these running times for the videos can be called into question. It would seem like a pretty accurate listing for an OST release, except for the fact that the only ones releases outside Japan are the ones specifically for the US version of DBZ.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:12 am

But if any music is to be used or released in anyway, isn't it supposed to be registered by that rightholder database or something?
I mean, the same way we found out about Let It Burn's existence?

Because then, as soon as there is something specific like a list of song titles for a CD, it will be registered to that database before being even transmitted to the shops.
And if Kanzenshuu could see that with Let It Burn, it means that they'll see the existence of any upcoming soundtrack way before even the shops, right?

Well, I don't know exactly how it works, but that's what I understand: any soundtrack won't be kept a secret since all titles of all tracks will be registered in that database indicating for which show it is.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:07 am

Still gives me hope that an ost or two will be eventually available
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:09 pm

Surprisingly, it turned out that the soundtrack has been already released exclusively in France. In addition, it was released on February 11th and no one had noticed it for three weeks.

And now Let It Burn is unveiled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dozFQ7Iq0yM

I don't really get what they're thinking. They put it on amazon.fr and French iTunes store without any announcements or advertising. The title doesn't even have the word "soundtrack" in it. There's nothing worth calling marketing strategy here.
Cold Skin wrote:Well, I don't know exactly how it works, but that's what I understand: any soundtrack won't be kept a secret since all titles of all tracks will be registered in that database indicating for which show it is.
It WAS kept as a secret even after the release though. :lol:

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:16 pm

Everyone is so totally uninterested in Kai that even the creators themselves can't be bothered to market it. This is wonderful.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:31 pm

It also doesn't help that the contents themselves are terrible. It contains neither the recap music nor the title card theme. There's a lot of cheap synth tracks that no one wants, but some frequently used memorable tracks are omitted. Also, the name of track 14 "Gohan Vs Trunks" is obviously a typo. Everything about this is just unbelievably sloppy.

It's a digital release... I wonder why they couldn't just throw everything into this and call it a day.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:39 pm

^ There might be a volume 2 ahead, since the events stop at the fusion being a success.
And no promotion is strictly for France I think, our country didn't bother to tell us the Boo saga of Kai started airing too, they expect you to know somehow.

It could be a sign that this time, the OST will be released in any major country airing The Final Chapters.
Because we sure never had any OST even for the first part of Kai released in our country, so that's something new!
And when it's not France - which expects you to know (really, it's the same even for successful US TV shows like Arrow and such: you have to find out "oh, it was released/aired months ago actually") -, it will probably be promoted... if soundtracks ever get promoted in your country.

Promotion for Dragon Ball mostly works by buying other products. For example, it's by buying the Anime Comics for BOG that you are informed inside that there is a DVD, a Blu-ray, the Perfect Edition of the manga, the Anime Comics for previous films, etc...

So I bet it's only in the Blu-ray set for the Boo saga that there will be something inside promoting the OST.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:43 pm

I haven't been keeping up with The Final Chapters, but everything about it seems to be unbelievably sloppy like you said.

Is that because it was only made due to the international market (Is that even true?)? I dunno how Toei operates, but it feels like their attitude this whole time has been along the "It's for the foreign market, so who cares" type of thinking.

Heck, I just listened to "Let it Burn" and even the singing sounds so...uninspired.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:52 pm

I think too many tracks are missing for it to be the whole thing. It's gotta be volume 1.
The Majin Boo theme, the track when Goku leaves, when Super Saiyan Gotenks is formed, when Boo destroys humanity... I say it's half of the total tracks, which would make for volume 1 out of 2 (volume 2 ranging from the fusion to the end, once the airing is complete).

Why Let It Burn is included when it's not even used yet when Gohan faces Boo is a mystery.
Sounds like it might belong to a final battle. Then what will they use in the Japanese version?
I think it talks about "lend your energy" and "you've got the strength to carry on".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:03 pm

I think The Final Chapters having sixty-nine episodes is definitely an issue of wanting to produce enough episodes that when run they can make more advertising money back. The higher number of episodes might also be Toei Animation's way of making back money from more minimum guarantees from licensees. These episodes were created on money entirely from Toei Animation, so of course they're going to want to play it safer by having more minimum guarantees to fall back on. The episodes as they air on Fuji TV seem to be paid for in part by Fuji TV, too.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:04 pm

Let It Burn sounds like a Stratovarius song :lol:

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:32 pm

danielsan_190196 wrote:Let It Burn sounds like a Stratovarius song :lol:
The way the musics done for let it burn doesn't surprise me since it was done by yasuharu takanashi
Is there anyway for me to download this?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Buu-Kai Arc soundtrack and "Let it burn"

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Funnily enough, Rurouni Kenshin had had an OST and a track named "Let it Burn."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRVcG9ElCRI
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Big Momma wrote:Is that because it was only made due to the international market (Is that even true?)?
Yes,It airing in Japan was a last minute thing which is why the first few episodes stand out from the rest of the arc in terms of pacing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:41 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Everyone is so totally uninterested in Kai that even the creators themselves can't be bothered to market it. This is wonderful.
Haha!! Isn't that the word, honestly I don't even think the English re-dub can save final chapters, though it will make it at least bearable.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Re: Buu-Kai Arc soundtrack and "Let it burn"

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:31 pm

I'd like to hear some good quality samples of the score, but the fact it's not complete lets me down, I'd like to make my own placements with S. Score.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.