'Super DragonBall Z' is Coming To America!

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

'Super DragonBall Z' is Coming To America!

Post by gotenx » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:29 am

Everyone rejoice! We don't have to import! The cover art is already being developed for the American release, and it actually looks good this time! They said it will be released around the same time as D.O.N Battle Stadium and the same time as the Japanese release of SPDBZ.

I found the info here : http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=519044[/url]

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:39 pm

Tseh, I don't care for US releases, EU release dates, that's what we wanna hear ;P

Well, I guess this means it will come to the EU sooner or later, since we get all the good DB games ^_^
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:51 pm

*Begins hyper ventilating rapidly, puts paper bag in face and tries breathing calmly*

Weeee!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I shall have them all!! Budokai, Budokai 2, Budokai 3, Sagas, Budokai Tenkaichi, and now Super DragonBall Z! I'm in fangasm shock! All the Ps2 games, MINE!! YAHOOOO!

*Brings myself down from the brink of what felt like an orgasm*

Aw man, I love this! Possibly the last soul DBZ Ps2 game will be released here in the States, awesome! I pray this will be the last Ps2 game, as I'm not getting a Ps3, my collection needs to end complete and quickly. :shock: ;; But hell, I couldn't be anymore happy! 23rd-Budokai Chichi, awesome looking gameplay, and Check-In Station, here I come!! :D
14 years later

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:31 pm

First D.O.N Battle Stadium & now Super Dragon Ball Z is coming to the states. More awesome news. This truely is a "GOOD" Friday. :D
Last edited by Sebastian (SB) on Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:32 pm

Can anyone post those images at imagehack or something? I don't feel like registering at their boards.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:12 pm

I'd rather not sign up just to view those two images either, as I'd be wasting a username and don't post there. ^_^;
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:24 pm

sangofe wrote:Can anyone post those images at imageshack or something? I don't feel like registering at their boards.
I'll second that. I've joined too many useless (for me) sites for stuff like this already...

...not to say anything about Daizex, of course...
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:56 pm

Motion seconded...or thirded. Let me see the images first, and then I'll decide whether it's worth my time to sign up just for the purpose of voting.

I'll be picking this one up though, and then I shall own all the DragonBall games for the PS2. :twisted:

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:25 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:Motion seconded...or thirded. Let me see the images first, and then I'll decide whether it's worth my time to sign up just for the purpose of voting.

I'll be picking this one up though, and then I shall own all the DragonBall games for the PS2. :twisted:
Word. But this is great news!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:43 pm

I re-registered just for you guys (for some reason, my account is GONE completely... meh, I only used it once anyway). Don't say I never do anything for you.

However, I think voting is over, now.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:59 pm

Looks pretty good! At least they retained all of the (or most of it) original Japanese logo. I would vote for the first one.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:07 pm

Umm... this doesn't strike me as anything. I'm not a member of that board, but for all I know, those can just be general fan-sketches. Since when did any video game company release pre-production cover art on a pencil-basis? I find that absurd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:23 pm

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that they didn't want to go through the trouble of coloring and finishing them if one of them wasn't actually going to be used. It is an Atari board administrator, and if I'm not mistaken, he was the one who had that topic on that whole "Budokai 3 Greatest Hits" fiasco.

The second cover looks like was all they did was erase the first Vegeta and had some 10-year old draw in that image of him. It looks terrible.

EDIT: Boss, is that you? I didn't recognize you without the "Holy Crap" Ikari Gendou avatar. I've seriously been absent from this board way too long.... :shock:
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:41 pm

Top image without a doubt!

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:00 am

VegettoEX wrote:Umm... this doesn't strike me as anything. I'm not a member of that board, but for all I know, those can just be general fan-sketches. Since when did any video game company release pre-production cover art on a pencil-basis? I find that absurd.
Mattlab (the administrator that posted this) was instrumental in helping me get my Greatest Hits edition replaced, I even talked to him on the phone about some deliverance issues.

In other words, this is pretty legitimate.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:47 am

Ugh. Man, I STILL don't like those covers. I have yet to see a NTSC U/C cover for a DBZ game that I like. :roll:

But hey, I'm just glad the game has been confirmed for release in North America! :P

EDIT: I forgot; has anyone here actually PLAYED the game? Is it any good?? :?

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:15 pm

Bout time. If the vids I've seen are any indication, this game will be hot beyond belief.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:37 pm

:shock: D.O.N. and Super DBZ statesbound?!

*lifts hands into the air* THANK YOU, JESUS!

:P I'm a happy fanboy now...
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:32 pm

I like the top one best.
What's up with the constant use of Cell Saga Vegeta on the covers though? I like his Buu Saga outfit.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kevin449

Post by kevin449 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:56 pm

The game's graphics look like they jump out of my mnaga volumes which makes me wanna totally have this game. The number of characters is a little low. When will they release a game that features all the characters from the entire series. I only hope that the gameplay is addictive so I can be happy that I spent like 50 bucks for the game. Since I have only seen a few videos I'm a little nervous about how the game is. Gotta wait for a review on gamespot or ign. This summer promises a lot for us DBZ fans
8)
Goku:HYAAAH!
Buu:Haa...Haaa
Vegeta:What the hell is going on here?

Sorry for this,it's my attempt at humor.
Hahaha!