Fan Ideas you Hate

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HourglassIndigo
Beyond Newbie

Fan Ideas you Hate

Post by HourglassIndigo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:51 am

So as we all know, there are a lot of things that some Dragon Ball fans want that are horrible ideas. Here are a few prime examples:

Evil Goku
SSJG Broly
MORE Saiyan CHARACTERS

What are the worst fan ideas you've come across?

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: Fan Ideas you Hate

Post by Vijay » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:10 am

Its a matter of preference

You cant blatantly describe a person's view/idea as horrible.

If you dont like it. Fine. Move on

If ya look down on others, it wouldnt take an instant for others to do the same. Pls dont think I'm preaching. Lets keep it cool :D

On topic, I felt Evil Goku was okay. Goku always got this edgy-nature (like bein badass against Tao, Piccolo Daimou etc). Hell, his brief out-of-character moment, where he charges ki blast threathening Kaioshin as he wants to stop Goku/Majin Vegeta was soo....badass

Evil Goku would be...maniac!

SSG Broly is fine imo

The guy's got great build & brutal af. Him bein a God would spell doom...

I always wanted an extensive exploration/character study about Saiyan race. And with more Saiyan characters, I wouldnt mind at all

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:10 am

Videl Discovers Her Abortion Fetish. Nothing can top that one. Well exept Male Saiyan Pregnancy.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

HourglassIndigo
Beyond Newbie

Post by HourglassIndigo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:19 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Videl Discovers Her Abortion Fetish. Nothing can top that one. Well exept Male Saiyan Pregnancy.
what's that one? Haven't heard of it before. Sounds like a doozy.

HourglassIndigo
Beyond Newbie

Post by HourglassIndigo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:21 am

Vijay wrote:Its a matter of preference

You cant blatantly describe a person's view/idea as horrible.

If you dont like it. Fine. Move on

If ya look down on others, it wouldnt take an instant for others to do the same. Pls dont think I'm preaching. Lets keep it cool :D
It's all good! It was my bad saying "hate" and "horrible". All of these ideas are purely subjective. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:31 am

HourglassIndigo wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Videl Discovers Her Abortion Fetish. Nothing can top that one. Well exept Male Saiyan Pregnancy.
what's that one? Haven't heard of it before. Sounds like a doozy.
You REALLY dont want to see the first one. Its a fanfic, but its vile. The second one is an insanely icky, annoying but ultimately harmless fanfic trope.You couldnt walk without tripping with one of those stories.

There WAS a particularly vile one where Vegeta (As Vegetto) rapes Gotenks and gets him pregnant. I wish I was making that one up.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:39 am

- More evil saiyans
- Evil Goku or Gohan
- SSj5 and beyond
- Female versions of Goku and other characters
- Broli, Coola or Janemba coming back
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:47 am

- Funi Dub fans wanting Masako Nozawa to stop voicing Goku
- Broli returns in Super
- Female Goku,Fat Vegeta etc in Universe 6
- SSjB 2 and SSjB 3
- Goku and Vegeta surpassing Beerus and Whis
- Beerus dying soon,as in permanent death
Last edited by Khin on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:09 am

They already exist ala F. Deviantart the Dragon Ball movie. But to add something else, I'd easily say shipping. By shipping I mean the out of character shipping that pairs up people who are not interested in each other ala Goku X Vegeta for instance.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:08 am

Pretty much anything where the fans start writing detailed Power Level figures for their original characters. Anything that has people act out-of-character for the sake of being "badass", and a lot of "what should have been" stories. You know, the ones where fans are literally rewriting the series because they're so salty about what happened.

As well as the obvious AF stuff.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:28 am

All of the characters randomly blowing up planets and galaxies and universes in every single fight... Can we please save that kind of stuff for actual important, dramatic points in the plot?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:22 pm

- Anything that involves regurgitation of past plot elements, enemies or spin-off-media characters (which, as it turns out, Toriyama himself is guilty of from time to time.)
- Anything that regards non-fighting Dragonball as 'filler'.
- Any variation of the 'long lost evil brother/sister/twin' trope.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:29 pm

- Evil counterpart characters
- Broly becoming a SSJG
- SSJ5, SSJ6, SSJ7 etc.
- Saiyans that "somehow" survived the destruction of Planet Vegeta
- Everything about Dragon Ball Absalon

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:31 pm

"Goku dying on Namek is a great ending" is an idea that I loathe.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:39 pm

Anything that has to do with power levels. The rest I'm fine with and can even enjoy on some level.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Gohan being cool or successful at fighting. It doesn't make any sense.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:49 pm

ABED wrote:"Goku dying on Namek is a great ending" is an idea that I loathe.
Interesting, could you elaborate on this?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:56 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Sure. First, it's no secret, all other things being equal, I prefer a happy ending. Second, what about a down ending for the series' main character was in line with the tone of the series? Goku deserves better than to die at the hands of a tyrant like Freeza. Third, what purpose does it serve to have Goku die on Namek? What would Toriyama be saying with that sort of ending? Fourth, I think far too believe creating a down ending is more artistic and I don't agree with that at all.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:59 pm

If the series ended with Freeza then I would probably be a fan right now. I got into DBZ late in my childhood unlike most fans around that time. I got into DBZ around the end of the Cell saga. I'm happy how the series ended.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:06 pm

ABED wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Sure. First, it's no secret, all other things being equal, I prefer a happy ending. Second, what about a down ending for the series' main character was in line with the tone of the series? Goku deserves better than to die at the hands of a tyrant like Freeza. Third, what purpose does it serve to have Goku die on Namek? What would Toriyama be saying with that sort of ending? Fourth, I think far too believe creating a down ending is more artistic and I don't agree with that at all.
Given how the series played out by that point with how most of the cast has either died or come nearly close to death I think it definitely makes sense for Goku to survive as a way to bring light to a pretty bad year for everyone. However, if Toriyama was really going for a darker tone with the intent to have Goku die on Namek, avenging the Saiyan's & Namekian's and constructed the arc to fit that, I think it would've worked great.

However, Goku dying in the actual series would severely help in keeping the rest of the cast relevant since you don't need to make villains in the hundreds of millions range to pose a threat to Goku, allowing for the humans to catch up.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):