Dragon Ball Super Tankoubon Release Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Super Tankoubon Release Thread

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:54 pm

Outside the blerb on the French site (I believe it was for an april release) I can't seem to find anything about it. I hope its true because these Vjumps are taking a lot of space lol Any one able to find any info?
Last edited by eledoremassis02 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball Super Tankoubon a rumor?

Post by Hujio » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:35 pm

All we know at this point is that there has been no official confirmation about any such release.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:10 am

Hujio wrote:All we know at this point is that there has been no official confirmation about any such release.
Thank you. I thought it would be too short to release (with the amount of chapters they have now. But I checked it out and the Beerus arc seems to be around 65 pages and 151 if you include the Revival of F as a Bonus. As of now Champa is around 89 pages so I guess if you add bonus filler pages you could almost get two volumes out of it?

If they even wanted too they could use these for covers

Vol. 1
Image or Image
Vol. 2

If this does get released (which I hope) I'd expect it to be slapped together since it's a tie in but it would be cool as a much needed space saver

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:30 am

I'd love to get a physical release of the manga. If Super goes past the tournament (which I'm almost positive that it will) has it been confirmed that the manga will span the whole series? It would take a while to complete, and lord knows how long it would take to see a North American release, but I'm enjoying the manga and I hope we get enough material for a couple volumes.

Any of those covers would be awesome, but I also like this one from chapter... 5(?):

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:21 am

Wow there's a textless one available! I'd assume if Super does well and the Vjumps keep selling we'll see the manga. I'm going to go on a step program

VJumps > Tankoubon > VIZ just in case one or the other doesnt get released I'll have a copy for my collection. If the rumor was for an April release (as I think it was?) then I'd almost say its fake only because you think it would be announced by now. But! Maybe it's in the latest Vjump?

WhisPL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhisPL » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:16 am

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:20 pm

Thank you! I'm trying to find any other information regarding this. In the meantime, I found this photo of a cool way to store the manga (I might try it!)

samuo2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuo2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:33 am

Yup I heard about a material release a few weeks ago.

A weird member on a French forum just said "A Dragon Ball Super manga will be release in April the 4th.", and several days after this post was born.

In short, it will looks great to expose our Dragon Ball Super volume beside Dragon Ball's ! (and personnaly Jaco, Neko Majin et KatsuraAkira <3)

Can't wait for an official announcement !
English isn't my native Language, please be understanding with faults and other grammatical mistakes, and don't hesitate to correct me !

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:36 am

Same here! The VJumps takes a lot of space!
Also nice avatar! I was thinking about switching mine to that just today! :lol:

samuo2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuo2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:55 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:Same here! The VJumps takes a lot of space!
Also nice avatar! I was thinking about switching mine to that just today! :lol:
Waouh! Looks terrible ! Great collection you have here!

Oh crap.. Sorry for this steal guy :/ (It's not a good start at all on this forum)

(PS: GTO <3 )
English isn't my native Language, please be understanding with faults and other grammatical mistakes, and don't hesitate to correct me !

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:58 am

Thank you :D I'm hoping the new super singles will definatly save space! Please announce the singles soon! I can't wait lol

I had 12 volumes of GTO a long time ago but I sold them and I'm not getting back into the series :D

samuo2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuo2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:05 am

Indeed it looks like it becomes an obligation for you ahah!

The same, I have all 26 volumes of GTO and never getting back into the series (there is so much rest, prologue, etc .-. )

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:08 am

I'm hoping a Super manga tankoubon happens; I've stopped with the VJumps after it became clear:
-how much space they take up
-the cost of importing each month, even with cheap shipping

I'll definitely buy a Super tankoubon if one gets released.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

samuo2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuo2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:22 am

It's clear that the V-Jump should takes a lot of space !

I'm pretty-confident about a Dragon Ball Super's Tankoubon releases, just a question of time for me, Wait & See!

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Tankoubon Release Thread

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:00 pm

The news I've been waiting for! http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2016/02/18/dr ... announced/

Instant Pre-order! How far do you think it will go? I hope it includes the Revival of F promo as a bonus!

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:09 am

Very excited to hear the release confirmation, I hope I can order it as well! I have to admit though, I really want the V Jump that's coming out soon, the cover looks amazing.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:24 am

Wezenheim wrote:Very excited to hear the release confirmation, I hope I can order it as well! I have to admit though, I really want the V Jump that's coming out soon, the cover looks amazing.
Me too..tho I may just cancel it now. My next step is selling my Vjumps. With the cards and such it shouldnt be hard. I'm keeping the revival of F ones for now tho

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:36 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:
Wezenheim wrote:Very excited to hear the release confirmation, I hope I can order it as well! I have to admit though, I really want the V Jump that's coming out soon, the cover looks amazing.
Me too..tho I may just cancel it now. My next step is selling my Vjumps. With the cards and such it shouldnt be hard. I'm keeping the revival of F ones for now tho
Do you guy's think there is any chance in hell we can get the ROF arc as bonus chapters in the release? I don't even want the 3 chapter movie special in it since the Super version had a lot of changes. It'd be awesome If Toyotaro redid ROF Super Version as a bonus arc (About 5 or so chapters?) and completed it.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:48 am

I don't think so (since the beginning of champa arc has a mention of the passing of the frieza fight) which is why I'm holding onto those for now. I already cancel my order for this months VJump. I hope we get the short chapter that takes place before the events of Dragon Ball Super. http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-of ... all-super/

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:14 am

I hope he at least finishes the 3 chapter Frieza special if he's not going to do a Super version. I just hate not having ROF arc in the manga.