Universe 7 Kaioshin Potara Confusion

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Universe 7 Kaioshin Potara Confusion

Post by Swifticuffs » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:10 pm

OK, someone may have mentioned this and I'm missing it, but please help me? Why does U7 Kaioshin and Old Kaoishin wear orange, Kaoi style earings. U6 and U10 Kaioshin wear green. Is this a non consistent moment?

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Universe 7 Kaioshin Potara Confusion

Post by Shin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:27 pm

Could just be universal differences maybe? If I'm not mistaken U6 has a different hue of green compared to U10's.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:25 pm

I think the U7 Potara are all supposed to be green.

Or they might have even been blue in Toriyama's colorings. The anime staff has been less keen on changing his colorations for more recent works.

So I think of it as similar to Trunks and Bulma's hair colorations. In the manga, they are supposed to be the same. There's some differences/variations in the anime coloration that may not have been intended and don't really effect the story too much, so it's probably best not to lose too much sleep over it.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:11 am

Elder Kaioshin and Kaioshin wear yellow Potara, not orange. And Zamasu's orange earrings are only regular earrings, not a Kaio earring . If Kaioshins can have different outfits, they why can't they have different Potaras as well ?

The way i see it, the style of your Potara depends on the outfit you wear, so if you wear similar outfit then you also have the same style of Potara. Elder Kaioshin and Kaioshin wear similar outfits and both of them wear the same style of earrings, while Kibito wears a different outfit and have a different Potara style. The Universe 6 Kaioshin and his attendant wear similar outfit and both of them wear the same style of Potara, while Gowasu wears a different outfit compared to the other Kaioshin we know and he have a different style of Potara.