Beerus is gonna really hate Goku's guts in the near future

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Beerus is gonna really hate Goku's guts in the near future

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:23 pm

AloversGaming wrote:I'd love if Super ends up with a big, final showdown between Son Goku and Beerus.
I honestly can't see it ending any other way.

Beerus is currently the biggest threat to Universe 7 so I think Goku will defeat him and maybe get rid of the destroyer title to prevent someone like that from coming into that much power.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
Something that bugged me during F. Trunks arc, is that Zamasu destroys the Earth and then Omni-King obliterares it. However that's instantly thrown in the carbage can when Whia takes him to his Universe before Zamasu attacks. They should have made him move to Cell's timeline, where a Bulma without her son leaves. But no, everything's fine Whis will take us back (with two of ourselves hanging around casually)
Well the problem with that is that they have no way of getting their accurately, Trunks time machine has been set to this passed and the new one might have been re-set so it cannot go to its original timeline.
Well they could re-re-set to the original timeline?
It was a stupid decision to do this, it made Zamasu conflict meaningless and gave a "Happy End" so stupid I almost throw up.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:46 pm

RehBeh wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
Something that bugged me during F. Trunks arc, is that Zamasu destroys the Earth and then Omni-King obliterares it. However that's instantly thrown in the carbage can when Whia takes him to his Universe before Zamasu attacks. They should have made him move to Cell's timeline, where a Bulma without her son leaves. But no, everything's fine Whis will take us back (with two of ourselves hanging around casually)
Well the problem with that is that they have no way of getting their accurately, Trunks time machine has been set to this passed and the new one might have been re-set so it cannot go to its original timeline.
Well they could re-re-set to the original timeline?
It was a stupid decision to do this, it made Zamasu conflict meaningless and gave a "Happy End" so stupid I almost throw up.
True they should have just stayed or gone to that time line....but whats done is done and we all know that really that "happy Ending" must be very hollow for Trunks and Mai.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:06 pm

sintzu wrote:
AloversGaming wrote:I'd love if Super ends up with a big, final showdown between Son Goku and Beerus.
I honestly can't see it ending any other way.

Beerus is currently the biggest threat to Universe 7 so I think Goku will defeat him and maybe get rid of the destroyer title to prevent someone like that from coming into that much power.
It would make Super come full circle. It starts with Goku and Beerus' fight on Kaio Sama's planet which eventually leads to their second fight. Super ends with Goku and Beerus having their long awaited rematch.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:42 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Faisal Shourov wrote:Seeing how Super Dragon Balls were not used to restore Future Trunks timeline, I doubt it will be used in this arc.
Didn't they use the Super Dragon Balls after the end of the Champa arc, which not too long before the Future Trunks arc began? I mean, I'm assuming that like the other sets of Dragon Ball, the Super Dragon Balls have a cooldown period before you can use them again.

Anyway, I think Beerus will be very mad at Goku for reminding Zeno about the tournament. Yeah, Goku had no idea it would lead to such a drastic stipulation, but he was specifically warned by Beerus and Whis about Zeno's unpredictable behaviour. But Goku is a blood knight. So if he sees a good chance for a good fight, he'll take it, irregardless of the repercussions. We've seen him act like this several times in the past.
Yes, Beerus used the Super Dragon Balls in the Champa arc. Later, when Zamasu wanted to collect Super Dragon Balls, Zuno informed him that one year hadn't passed yet. That's Goku Black's motivation for using the Time Ring to grant his wishes quicker. The Future Trunks arc placed within a year of the Champa arc.
Saturnine wrote:
Faisal Shourov wrote:Seeing how Super Dragon Balls were not used to restore Future Trunks timeline, I doubt it will be used in this arc.
That's because they've settled on a different solution, which while isn't entirely perfect, is acceptable. Not to mention that Beerus and Whis would never, ever help with a wish that would restore an additional timeline - don't forget that creating new timelines is a grave transgression.

This tournament, on the other hand, is a much better opportunity to use the Super DBs.
Actually, Whis created a new parallel world for Future Trunks & Future Mai. He executed the opposite of your speculation via alternate methods. :P
RehBeh wrote:Well they could re-re-set to the original timeline?
The original Future Trunks & Cell are the only souls who know those coordinates. Our Future Trunks lacks experience with Cell's era. I'm not sure how Zamasu's destruction was meaningless. The arc ended on a bittersweet note yet significant consequence & growth occurred, which is welcomed.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:07 am

Nejishiki wrote:
RehBeh wrote:Well they could re-re-set to the original timeline?
The original Future Trunks & Cell are the only souls who know those coordinates. Our Future Trunks lacks experience with Cell's era. I'm not sure how Zamasu's destruction was meaningless. The arc ended on a bittersweet note yet significant consequence & growth occurred, which is welcomed.
The part about the coordinates is easily fixed by saying Bulma saved them for future use/research.

The arc ended on a bittersweet note yet significant consequence & growth occurred, which is welcomed.
Of course its welcome, but it could have been much better than what they gave us.
What's done is done however.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Didn't they use the Super Dragon Balls after the end of the Champa arc, which not too long before the Future Trunks arc began? I mean, I'm assuming that like the other sets of Dragon Ball, the Super Dragon Balls have a cooldown period before you can use them again.

Anyway, I think Beerus will be very mad at Goku for reminding Zeno about the tournament. Yeah, Goku had no idea it would lead to such a drastic stipulation, but he was specifically warned by Beerus and Whis about Zeno's unpredictable behaviour. But Goku is a blood knight. So if he sees a good chance for a good fight, he'll take it, irregardless of the repercussions. We've seen him act like this several times in the past.
Yes, Beerus used the Super Dragon Balls in the Champa arc. Later, when Zamasu wanted to collect Super Dragon Balls, Zuno informed him that one year hadn't passed yet. That's Goku Black's motivation for using the Time Ring to grant his wishes quicker. The Future Trunks arc placed within a year of the Champa arc.
I knew it. Thanks for the conformation. So even they wanted to used the Super Dragon Balls to restore Future Trunks world at the end of the Future Trunks arc, they wouldn't have been able to. Plus, I also doubt that the Super Dragon Balls would have been able to grant wished for other timelines.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:48 pm

Basically Zamasu was right all along, but Beerus only realized it, when it was too late :lol:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:51 pm

I've been thinking on this and if nothing else, if it turns out the gods die as well, it will be the end of Goku's good relationship with Beerus. Beerus can tolerate putting the universe in danger, he has done so himself, but I think Champa's death will break Beerus's heart. Think about, they have been together for countless eons, everyone they have ever know or cared for is long dead and the only thing that ties them to who they once were is each other. While they fight and threaten to destroy each other, they know deep down Whis and Vados will stop them. Even after all this time the brotherly love between them still exists.

Maybe thats why they are nicer and less destructive then the others. The other Gods of Destruction threw away all their humanity when they took on the role, had it erode away over their long lives or were just monsters from the get go. But for Beerus and Champa a little of it has always lived on in them because they have each other.

The lose of Champa would likely cut Beerus very deeply. Leaving him a much colder, more heartless being and it will be all Goku's fault. Goku's thoughtlessness lead to death of Beerus's humanity along with his brother.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I've been thinking on this and if nothing else, if it turns out the gods die as well, it will be the end of Goku's good relationship with Beerus. Beerus can tolerate putting the universe in danger, he has done so himself, but I think Champa's death will break Beerus's heart. Think about, they have been together for countless eons, everyone they have ever know or cared for is long dead and the only thing that ties them to who they once were is each other. While they fight and threaten to destroy each other, they know deep down Whis and Vados will stop them. Even after all this time the brotherly love between them still exists.

Maybe thats why they are nicer and less destructive then the others. The other Gods of Destruction threw away all their humanity when they took on the role, had it erode away over their long lives or were just monsters from the get go. But for Beerus and Champa a little of it has always lived on in them because they have each other.

The lose of Champa would likely cut Beerus very deeply. Leaving him a much colder, more heartless being and it will be all Goku's fault. Goku's thoughtlessness lead to death of Beerus's humanity along with his brother.
*Drops a tear*
Hopefully this arc won't go as far as killing everyone who loses including their gods. And if it goes, even with just destroying the universes, things can turn back to normal. Except for maybe the relationship between Goku and Beerus after all this mess.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Nano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nano » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 am

Faisal Shourov wrote:
supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Not seeing why Champa would die. The tournament isn't going to held in any of the Universes and all of the gods and the fighters will be in the same place. Assuming that the Super Dragon Balls get destroyed and the Universes can't come back, everyone present during the tournament can just move to Universe 7 afterward. That doesn't account for the countless lives being lost due to all of the other Universes being destroyed though.
Goku, the Best hero ever
Goku is not a hero and was never depicted as one. He's just some asshole who likes to fight.
I love Dragon Ball so much that I'm constantly complaining about how horrible Super is.

Black Goku / Future Trunks saga... was/is garbage.

Top 5 Favorite DBS Characters = Beerus, Whis, still waiting on the last 3 lol...

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Nano wrote: Goku is not a hero and was never depicted as one. He's just some asshole who likes to fight.
He wasn't depicted like that either..
He's anything but an asshole
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Nano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nano » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Nano wrote: Goku is not a hero and was never depicted as one. He's just some asshole who likes to fight.
He wasn't depicted like that either..
He's anything but an asshole
Yes he was/is. Even Toriyama said that Goku is not a hero, just some guy who likes to fight.

When you let someone live after they've killed your family and or friends, you're an asshole.

When you let someone go after they've killed your family and or friends just for the sake of fighting them again, you're an asshole.

When you blatantly disobey you're teachers instruction for the sake of fighting, you're an asshole.

I could go on...
I love Dragon Ball so much that I'm constantly complaining about how horrible Super is.

Black Goku / Future Trunks saga... was/is garbage.

Top 5 Favorite DBS Characters = Beerus, Whis, still waiting on the last 3 lol...

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:42 pm

Yea, you Shouldn't go on, not very logical to continue with wrong assumptions..

What toriyama said is he isn't a hero guy, he likes to fight and has moral's..
If you like to eat that dosen't make you an asshole, saying toriyama said this is ridiculous..

According to your logic what would a supposed "hero" have done? Isn't a hero supposed to be heroic and not kill the now defenselessvillan as well, or killing someone defenseless is more heroic fir you?
Granted Goku's reason for letting the go isn't to be heroic but that isn't being an asshole
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:48 pm

Guys guys, its literally in my sig, AT's never said Goku's an asshole, just a simple guy that wants to fight someone strong.
About letting bad guys go, its just Goku's cocky attitude kicking in, he is confident that the next time they do somethin bad, he'll definitely be a lot stronger than them and stop them, which turned out to be true in all their cases. Goku is that pure and naive about life (tho a big part of it is still because he wants to fight them again, but still)