God Of Destruction Goku

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kibbles

God Of Destruction Goku

Post by kibbles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:52 pm

It hasn't been too long that i liked the dragon ball franchise. it was cool when i was a kid, but sometime around middle school i stopped caring about the series. it was just kinda meh. however, i've only watched episodes on tv when i could, so i couldn't remain consistent with the story, and it's been many years since then that i decided to give the franchise another chance. it was after the release of the battle of gods movie. maybe some months after that movie was dubbed, i watched the movie. it was the first time i had watched anything dragon ball related in like... 9 years give or take? you know what i mean. some times after watching that movie i decided to watch the series starting from dragon ball, then dragon ball z (i even gave gt a shot. couldn't finish it though). i think it was around the time the movie resurrection f was announced, i decided to re-watch BOG for fun. i then predicted that if the story were to continue past the next movie, goku would eventually become a god of destruction. i shall explain.

i suppose the most obvious evidence of goku becoming a god of destruction was one of the very first encounters we had with beerus. remember the conversation between him and the oracle fish? another god would appear and become beerus' rival. the identity of that god was later revealed as goku. as of right now we can hardly call what they have a rivalry. even their first major battle beerus was still barely trying. they are not rivals yet.

another piece of evidence is something that becomes more obvious over time. when goku first met beerus he didn't really understand beerus. goku immediately treated him as a potential rival. soon after getting his ass kicked, goku started to show more respect. over time, goku got used to this new stage and that initial respect started to slip more and more. goku is even training with whis, who trained beerus.

it's been hinted multiple times, even in the recent episode that it is possible for goku to eventually become a god of destruction.

lately goku seems to be acting strange/different from time to time. like he is carefully preparing for something big, or like he has found a new flame of desire. i don't think it's a coincidence that even after experiencing what zenchan can do, he still decides to interact with zenchan. they are even pretty much friends now. it's also not a coincidence that this means that beerus CAN'T kill goku, as he was originally planning to do in the recent episode.

the tournament of power is just about underway, and we know universes will be destroyed. this doesn't necessarily mean that new universes will replace the destroyed ones, but it does kinda make sense. what doesn't make sense is for the series to end and there only be one universe left, after the entire series is based on there being multiple universes. i think it is very likely that universes will be destroyed along with their kai/god of destruction, maybe their angel too. new god of destruction and kai will will be selected and new universes be born. the new gods of destruction can be selected from the winning fighters in the tournament of power. it may not go down exactly like this, but i'm pretty sure i'm on the right track. maybe goku will use the super dragon balls to wish to become god of destruction of a new universe.

i suppose we also need to account for the "rivalry" that will occur between beerus and goku. well i suppose that will happen sometime towards the end of the tournament, or after the tournament.

EDIT: i forgot to mention that ultimate gohan returning can also be a piece of evidence. i believe it was during the buu arc that gohan was originally supposed to defeat buu and become the new main character in the series. that changed obviously, but gohan regaining that power can be a sign of drastic change coming to the series.
also note that things are changing between goku and vegeta. not only that they are more familiar with each other than they ever have been, but that we are seeing more personal differences between them. it's almost like the goku and vegeta from the beginning of the cell arc have swapped places now. i am positive we will be seeing more of this.

any thoughts or opinions?
Last edited by kibbles on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: God Of Destruction Goku

Post by simtek34 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:57 pm

A thread about this was just made. I expect this to be locked in 5... 4... 3.... 2...,

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

kibbles

Post by kibbles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:59 pm

simtek34 wrote:A thread about this was just made. I expect this to be locked in 5... 4... 3.... 2...,
didn't notice and don't care. i like my thread better.

EDIT: okay i see it. i've been doing well over an hour and a half of reviewing and thinking back on my memory while in this thread typing it out. i don't know the other guy, but clearly he was temporarily tapping into my genius.

EDIT 2: my thread is based on facts, logic, brilliant observation and deduction as well as opinion. i am being objective and completely modest when i say this thread is quality enough to not be closed. it would be fine to just leave both threads open in a situation like this.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:55 pm

The initial post in this thread is not up to the standards we ask of our community members, and the attitude on display toward the end here really isn't living up to the spirit, either. Please give it all a review before making any further contributions.

Furthermore, we ask that community members refrain from "mini-modding"; if you believe a post is in violation of the community guidelines, please use the built-in functionality to bring it to a moderator's attention.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kibbles

Post by kibbles » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 pm

VegettoEX wrote:The initial post in this thread is not up to the standards we ask of our community members, and the attitude on display toward the end here really isn't living up to the spirit, either. Please give it all a review before making any further contributions.

Furthermore, we ask that community members refrain from "mini-modding"; if you believe a post is in violation of the community guidelines, please use the built-in functionality to bring it to a moderator's attention.
yes, my bad. i made some changes.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:08 pm

It seems likely he and vegeta will become one. That's the next course of action for these two who are already the strongest in our universe. Just like Toppo being scouted for the GoD job, it's a safe bet Vegeta or Goku will have the opportunity. But I'm sure they'll turn it down. We have EoZ to consider unfortunately, unless they retcon the ending. Which I wish they would.