The Narration Is Fast

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

The Narration Is Fast

Post by Lupin879 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:12 am

I think the cartoon is not following good storytelling. Just to say, the idea of ​​universes was great, this could promises endless stories. But already with the tournament, everything was ruined. I think the whole thing would have been better if they had created so many sagas, long, each one that explored a universe and its history, even sagas that explained the history of both mortals and immortals in the regular universe. If they throw you all the best of universes, you do not think that this is like having a huge narrative treasure and make the tournament is soon burn everything?

Another worrying thing is the too small number of episodes of the stories. To say
Beerus 12 episodes
Frieza 12 episodes
Tournament 14 episodes
Black 20 episodes

Dragon Ball Z Frieza 90 episodes as well as an average of 90 all other stories.

Ie all Super is less that the only story of Frieza.

precita
Banned

Re: The Narration Is Fast

Post by precita » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:18 am

Uh, what? Most likely the Universes will not all be destroyed.

They didn't go out of their way to create 10+ new Gods of Destruction just to get rid of them all quickly.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:49 am

The best paced arc is the Destruction God Champa arc. It had concise narrative points and didn't stretch events out too terribly much. A story arc doesn't need to be ninety-honest-to-God-episodes long. Thirteen episodes is plenty, especially if your production isn't a complete mess.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:31 am

Yeah, they like to rush through the arcs as fast as they can as they gotta go and focus on other important matters like finding ways to ruin the power scaling even more..

There's no need to rush so hard even if they have the full story with them and don't need to add fillers to buy time, sometimes stretching out the story a bit is much better..

I don't like these super speed express fights arcs either, it does seem like they are trying to stretch it out this arc though
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:05 am

The Zamasu story will led us to other problems in the future because of Goku's big mistake just like Future Trunks did it will have a connection..To me that's
really important for a story maybe the other gods & angels will give Goku the fault because he wanted he tournament

18-25 episodes are normal for an arc and i don't want to see dragging arc's to long and we don't know what will happen in this arc so calm down a little bit

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:13 am

I would love it if this new arc lasts for 40+ episodes. If course it must be full of entertaining episodes. Like Future Trunks Arc, I wouldn't have minded it if it lasted 10 more episodes, especially the battle with Merged Zamasu which was way too fast.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:04 am

Certain parts of Super could benefit from being maybe just a little longer. But If they ever have a 90+ episode arc then it better be damn interesting most of the way through and not just 8 episodes of stare downs and yelling with very little progress in an episodes story every time someone fights. I would be a very grumpy boo otherwise.
Last edited by Boo Machine on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:04 am

Lupin879 wrote:I think the cartoon is not following good storytelling. Just to say, the idea of ​​universes was great, this could promises endless stories. But already with the tournament, everything was ruined. I think the whole thing would have been better if they had created so many sagas, long, each one that explored a universe and its history, even sagas that explained the history of both mortals and immortals in the regular universe. If they throw you all the best of universes, you do not think that this is like having a huge narrative treasure and make the tournament is soon burn everything?

Another worrying thing is the too small number of episodes of the stories. To say
Beerus 12 episodes
Frieza 12 episodes
Tournament 14 episodes
Black 20 episodes

Dragon Ball Z Frieza 90 episodes as well as an average of 90 all other stories.

Ie all Super is less that the only story of Frieza.
That is counting filler. The Kai version is about 55 episodes, still a lot, but not as much as Z.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:07 am

Boo Machine wrote:Certain parts of Super could benefit from being maybe just a little longer. But If they ever have a 90+ episode arc then it better be damn interesting most of the way through and not just 8 episodes of stare downs and yelling with very little progress in an episodes story every time someone fights. I would be a very grumpy boo otherwise.
That is an aspect of dbz I like, the intense stare downs and Powerups were epic..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:26 am

emperior wrote:I would love it if this new arc lasts for 40+ episodes. If course it must be full of entertaining episodes. Like Future Trunks Arc, I wouldn't have minded it if it lasted 10 more episodes, especially the battle with Merged Zamasu which was way too fast.
I disagree, the two episodes he had was sufficient. A lot of time the final boss battle ends up getting stretched and thus loses the appeal and becomes boring. For example the Freeza arc, that final battle still gets routinely mocked to this day the whole infamous 5 minutes thing etc. Merged Zamasu actually felt like a proper final boss they didn't needlessly stretch him out, like back in the Freeza arc you had all sorts of BS stretching the fight like Freeza saying he was only using 10% of his true power or him not using his hands, it took a while for that final fight to pick up and then stalled again and then picked up again. With Merged Zamasu his threat level was high from the start and it stayed that way. I would take that anyday of the week then it being boringly streched out over 5 or 6 episodes.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:42 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Certain parts of Super could benefit from being maybe just a little longer. But If they ever have a 90+ episode arc then it better be damn interesting most of the way through and not just 8 episodes of stare downs and yelling with very little progress in an episodes story every time someone fights. I would be a very grumpy boo otherwise.
That is an aspect of dbz I like, the intense stare downs and Powerups were epic..
Epic if done at a reasonable pace. If they want to stare down and power up, then it's cool for,like, 20 seconds. At most. I don't want it done for an entire episode let alone multiple episodes. I would just find that boring and frustrating.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Epic if done at a reasonable pace. If they want to stare down and power up, then it's cool for,like, 20 seconds. At most. I don't want it done for an entire episode let alone multiple episodes. I would just find that boring and frustrating.
Yeah, we differ in that, will take the full length freeza fight over super's fights anyday..

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Did you mean to say "Narrative"? "Narration is pretty odd.
:clap: