Gohan new transformation or mystic?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chillekasper
Not-So-Newbie

Gohan new transformation or mystic?

Post by Chillekasper » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello all I have seen spoilers that say that Gohan gets a power explosion because the lost of his senses. Do you people think he will be back in his mystic form or do you think he will get a other transformation? How will this effect the rest of this arc?

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Gohan new transformation or mystic?

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:08 pm

It's Mystic imo.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Goku took him right out of his books, he should be in the state he was in rof just slightly better for anime's consistency sake..
Not gonna have any power up above mystic as of this match, I think he would just go SS right now
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chillekasper
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Chillekasper » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Goku took him right out of his books, he should be in the state he was in rof just slightly better for anime's consistency sake..
Not gonna have any power up above mystic as of this match, I think he would just go SS right now
I think Gohan is much more in shape that in ROF, Because in the fight with Goku he could easely keep his SSJ form up. In the ROF arc Gohan tought he coulnt do that anymore. So Gohan is stronger than in the ROF arc...

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:30 pm

I'd prefer to stick with Mystic and simply raise his upper limit so if slightly above Super Boo is his tier, he can raise that ceiling until it reaches Goku & Vegeta's Blue power, hypothetically speaking.

The whole point of Mystic is to remove transformations so giving him a new one seems counter intuitive.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Love Mystic, but just before that, I really want to see SS2 as evidence of his training.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:26 pm

By this poing, I don't doubt Super Saiyan 3 would be the best option for him, pretty sure Super Saiyan transformations are more useful than just unlocking his potential that has been reduced drastically. He should get Super Saiyan 3 and stick with it, as he is a "genious" since he was a kid, he shouldn't have problem in finding a way to counter most of Super Saiyan 3's problems.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:28 pm

I think they will simply keep his Super Saiyajin forms and his Ultimate boost.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Grimlock wrote:By this poing, I don't doubt Super Saiyan 3 would be the best option for him, pretty sure Super Saiyan transformations are more useful than just unlocking his potential that has been reduced drastically. He should get Super Saiyan 3 and stick with it, as he is a "genious" since he was a kid, he shouldn't have problem in finding a way to counter most of Super Saiyan 3's problems.
Why? Mystic has no limits. It's just as storng as Gohan can become all packed into his base form so he has no need for transformations. It is only limited by how much training he does since it was never said that Gohan couldn't get stronger from further training.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Indeed, but this "Potential Unleashed" nonsense shouldn't even exist in the first place, all that Gohan should have are the Super Saiyan transformations.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:06 pm

I think they're going for mystic Gohan, OP hypes it up too much, plus its his most memorable moment besides his SSJ2 against Cell (tho there were lightning effects, so maybe something new or he combined SSJ with mystic)

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:33 am

Mythical is a better state than any SSj form, it would be irrational to choose any transformation over it, if there was a choice to be made.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:11 am

I loved times when most of us believed Mystic was a permanent state :'( much better

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:13 am

Chillekasper wrote:Hello all I have seen spoilers that say that Gohan gets a power explosion because the lost of his senses. Do you people think he will be back in his mystic form or do you think he will get a other transformation? How will this effect the rest of this arc?

Classic mystic for now, ascended Mystic form at the tournament as the result of his post - exhibition training

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:05 am

MrBlackFox wrote:
Chillekasper wrote:Hello all I have seen spoilers that say that Gohan gets a power explosion because the lost of his senses. Do you people think he will be back in his mystic form or do you think he will get a other transformation? How will this effect the rest of this arc?

Classic mystic for now, ascended Mystic form at the tournament as the result of his post - exhibition training
Ascended Mystic (if it happens) will be pretty cool to see along with the lightning and maybe a double aura! :o :D :thumbup:

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:32 am

TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:

Ascended Mystic (if it happens) will be pretty cool to see along with the lightning and maybe a double aura! :o :D :thumbup:

I bet all my money in Gohan having another exclusive form, like Rage Trunks in the Zamasu Black arc
Mystic is basically some sort of concept of God form by itself, further develop it could do wonders

You'll see, I'll win this bet
giving Gohan only a " normal " ssjb or Rage is too stupid and cheap to happen

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:33 am

MrBlackFox wrote:I loved times when most of us believed Mystic was a permanent state :'( much better
And I loved the times when people actually thought "Mystic" was what this form was actually called.

Oh wait

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Saturnine wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:I loved times when most of us believed Mystic was a permanent state :'( much better
And I loved the times when people actually thought "Mystic" was what this form was actually called.

Oh wait
Lol I know, but I love " Mystic " name

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:06 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:

I bet all my money in Gohan having another exclusive form, like Rage Trunks in the Zamasu Black arc
Mystic is basically some sort of concept of God form by itself, further develop it could do wonders

You'll see, I'll win this bet
giving Gohan only a " normal " ssjb or Rage is too stupid and cheap to happen
I was thinking about this, and even though I do really like Gohan, it would be a bit hypocritical if he got a new transformation, especially considering the stick Future Trunks got for SS Rage, so for now Ultimate / Mystic at about SSG Goku level in B.O.G wouldn't be too bad. I mean he's already SS3+ tier in his Ultimate state so it's the only natural progression for me anyways :) . Here's to hoping for a good showing though! :lol:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:45 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:
Saturnine wrote:

Oh wait
Lol I know, but I love " Mystic " name
Yeah, I know it's incorrect but I use it anyways because I like the sound of it.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.